British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

NLRC - Scunthorpe, Sunday, NOW October 20th, 5pm

The National League Riders’ Championship, washed out at Leicester over the weekend, will now take place at Scunthorpe's Eddie Wright Raceway on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6th at 6pm. Further news will appear in due course, but in the meantime, put this date in your diary!

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

I am not impressed by the BSPA website (what's new!). Over two hours ago Scunthorpe announced this information but the BSPA website has not put the news up on the front page or added the fixture to the fixture list on the front page. Anyone would think the website is only for the top two leagues with the National Developement League regarded as unimportant. The fact that the NDL is the future of the sport seems to have been missed by those in charge which is further proof why they are not suitable for running the sport.

I hope Scunthorpe have a good crowd for this meeting and wish all the riders a safe meeting with lots of close racing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I am not impressed by the BSPA website (what's new!). Over two hours ago Scunthorpe announced this information but the BSPA website has not put the news up on the front page or added the fixture to the fixture list on the front page. Anyone would think the website is only for the top two leagues with the National Developement League regarded as unimportant. The fact that the NDL is the future of the sport seems to have been missed by those in charge which is further proof why they are not suitable for running the sport.

I hope Scunthorpe have a good crowd for this meeting and wish all the riders a safe meeting with lots of close racing.

You could be blaming the wrong people here- There is i`m sure a  responsibility for the clubs to inform the BSPA press office of fixture rearrangements( presumably they also have to tell the BSPA office)

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

You could be blaming the wrong people here- There is i`m sure a  responsibility for the clubs to inform the BSPA press office of fixture rearrangements( presumably they also have to tell the BSPA office)

The club must have been given permission to run this meeting and I would have thought that the permission would have come from the BSPA. So the BSPA right hand needs to talk to the BSPA left hand!

8 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The club must have been given permission to run this meeting and I would have thought that the permission would have come from the BSPA. So the BSPA right hand needs to talk to the BSPA left hand!

Well the right hand would be Jason Pipe (NL co-ordinator) and Scunthorpe speedway and the left hand the BSPA press office and the BSPA office. I would imagine in this instance the left hand are still awaiting communication from the right hand 

Came from Scorpion's press officer, so must have been sanctioned by Rob Godfrey (Scunthorpe Promotor and Vice Chairman of BSPA ) first. More info to follow according to Scorpion's site.  

They think its all over !??...Well errrrr NO ITS NOT !? ....Speedways off then its back on !. Mr Godfrey Sir what are you playing at ?...there am I my programme board and speedway carefully packed away for Christmas and then this ???

Seriously; this is a fantastic bonus and a great line up ! well worth blowing of the gathering Speedway-less winter doldrums for !

Get yourselves along and LAP IT UP !

Perks does look as if he is a cut above this level judgeing by his performances in the higher leagues..But anything can happen on the night,,,Personally I will be supporting Ben Morley twice previously winner of this event...Hopefully a good meeting with all the riders staying safe and enjoying the event....

On 9/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, Chris116 said:

The owner of the club is the BSPA !!!!!!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

The owner of the club is the BSPA !!!!!!

Exactly, so the BSPA website had no excuse for taking as long as it did before acknowledging the meeting was taking place. I bet they would not be so slow advertising the PLRC if the venue had to be changed! They just treat the National League very badly all the time instead of treating all the leagues as equal.

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, waco said:

Perks does look as if he is a cut above this level judgeing by his performances in the higher leagues..But anything can happen on the night,,,Personally I will be supporting Ben Morley twice previously winner of this event...Hopefully a good meeting with all the riders staying safe and enjoying the event....

I think young Rowe and Palin have done a few laps at Scunny ?? it will be an exciting year for young Palin next year.This track should suit the racers in the field with Perks/ Hume likely to be up there Perks is the worthy favourite.

3. Ellis Perks - 2', 2', 3, 3, 0 = 10+2
Just last month he scored this in their away win as a heatleader.. 

Switch of venue is even more gutting that Danny Ayres is out injured. Perks obvious favourite, Kinsley should fancy his chances but much depends on the surface and if its a grippy Scunny or the slick Scunny but im certainly not ruling out Ben Morleys chances as much depends upon mindset as it does ability and he knows how to win this event.