British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

NLRC - Scunthorpe, Sunday, NOW October 20th, 5pm

3 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

3. Ellis Perks - 2', 2', 3, 3, 0 = 10+2
Just last month he scored this in their away win as a heatleader.. 

I would put money on Perks to win this but in Leicester's away win, the 3 heat leaders were 1. Garrity 4. Nicholls 5. Douglas

1 Perks

2 Clegg

3 Kemp

4 Rowe

Hume + Wilson as biggest dangers.

A shame that apart from Palin and Edwards no real "break through" youngsters have made it this year.

League needs to root out likes of Perks, Clegg, Morley, Wilson; Hume if it is to get back to it's original purpose. Perks and Clegg can clearly cut it in CL; Danyon probably could if not so injury prone, Ben Wilson is retiring and Morley is a classic big fish in a small pond who sinks in a bigger pond.

53 minutes ago, HGould said:

A shame that apart from Palin and Edwards no real "break through" youngsters have made it this year.

Can you clarify a little more what you mean bu this comment? Bearing in mind that its top two by average from each side i would argue that Palin has done exceptionally well to make the line up. Edwards whilst young was signed as second heat leader at the start of the year so  should have been expecting to make the field. 

It could easily be argued that Flint, Bailey & Gilkes are unlucky not to feature as they all have superior averages to other competing but they are part of strong sides and the rules are as they are.

8 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Where is Kemp in everyone’s predictions?

Big danger to the title due to the change of venue but likely to have a costly fall / mechanical and not take his final ride......

You can’t rule out Kinsley, he’s very fast round the EWR and beaten some good names. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Can you clarify a little more what you mean bu this comment? Bearing in mind that its top two by average from each side i would argue that Palin has done exceptionally well to make the line up. Edwards whilst young was signed as second heat leader at the start of the year so  should have been expecting to make the field. 

It could easily be argued that Flint, Bailey & Gilkes are unlucky not to feature as they all have superior averages to other competing but they are part of strong sides and the rules are as they are.

I think Flint and Gilkes have done exceptional well and had excellent seasons. ; Bickley at CL level for whatever reason has not improved in my opinion especially his Away form.

Of the field now and compared to 2018 the point is the only really "new emerging names" are Palin and Edwards.

Too many in my opinion who have been there at that level for too long. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Where is Kemp in everyone’s predictions?

Finalist

1 hour ago, HGould said:

I think Flint and Gilkes have done exceptional well and had excellent seasons. ; Bickley at CL level for whatever reason has not improved in my opinion especially his Away form.

Of the field now and compared to 2018 the point is the only really "new emerging names" are Palin and Edwards.

Too many in my opinion who have been there at that level for too long. 

In fairness for several years i was frustrated by the riders who stuck at the same level in NL and got team places year on year but there is a fresher feel to the league the past couple of seasons and many of those mentioned will be moving on/frozen out next year (if there is a Nl of course) 

• Like 1

Wilson’s last meeting as he is retiring and he will be a big loss to the sport great role model for the younger lads.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

There is no final. 

Top 4 then :drink:

Not sure why clegg isnt mentioned by many to win, he as been the best rider in the league this season.

Apart from is 1st ride 2nite, he didnt look right in that heat. Haha