British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

NLRC - Scunthorpe, Sunday, NOW October 20th, 5pm

9 hours ago, HGould said:

I think Flint and Gilkes have done exceptional well and had excellent seasons. ; Bickley at CL level for whatever reason has not improved in my opinion especially his Away form.

Of the field now and compared to 2018 the point is the only really "new emerging names" are Palin and Edwards.

Too many in my opinion who have been there at that level for too long. 

Bickley last year was averaging well below 2 points a meeting at Worky before the last month of the season.He has probably nearly doubled his average at Championship level this year and has made progress

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Bickley last year was averaging well below 2 points a meeting at Worky before the last month of the season.He has probably nearly doubled his average at Championship level this year and has made progress

Which just shows a rider who is given a reserve spot with no pressure for a season, and a rider prepared to travel around the country picking up scraps week in week out, with many 0s whilst he hones his skills. Can really reep benefits the following season. I think the key thing now is that the young riders have had better schooling off of the track, and many have heads on thier shoulders well beyond thier years. 

I can think of about a dozen or so riders under the legal age of drinking that not only have the ability but also the mentality to reach the top.

What British speedway should do is build from the bottom and build up speedway with this new breed of cool young kids making thier way up through the ranks. 

Edited by teaboy279
  • Like 3

Georgie Wood was offered a place in this meeting but has a prearranged grasstrack meeting already in his calendar. So Verge is the Warriors’ second representative and, of course, has knowledge of the track having been a Stags rider. Looking down the field, lots of riders have called this home or done many practice/amateur meetings there. 

Weather forecast not looking good for Sunday

The weather forecast has been pretty much the same over the last 3 or 4 days that I have checked with rain forecast all morning & in to the afternoon.

There is a non-speedway amateur meeting on early on & I do not know how they prepare the track for this, whether it is light on shale. This meeting should finish around 3pm when Rob & his crew will prepare the track for the NLRC in better conditions.

There is going to be a few withdrawals on this new date as a few other meetings have now been rearranged for the 20th.

44 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

There is going to be a few withdrawals on this new date as a few other meetings have now been rearranged for the 20th.

Shouldn't be any withdrawals as the NDLRC takes priority - Art 19.7.3 (Where a rider is additionally declared in a SGB Premiership or Championship League team, the SGB Premiership or Championship League Team shall have priority, except that a rider nominated for the NDLRC must appear in the NDLRC.).

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Shouldn't be any withdrawals as the NDLRC takes priority - Art 19.7.3 (Where a rider is additionally declared in a SGB Premiership or Championship League team, the SGB Premiership or Championship League Team shall have priority, except that a rider nominated for the NDLRC must appear in the NDLRC.).

Time will tell.

6 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Totally agree. But what would the punishment be? A 28 day ban throughout November?!

14 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Totally agree. But what would the punishment be? A 28 day ban throughout November?!

Difficult to ‘force’ a rider to appear in the NDLRC, somewhat easier to prevent him appearing elsewhere the same day

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

The punishment is in Art 19.7.4. The rider(s) concerned must miss the next two home meetings for their clubs. Whether that is just their NDL clubs or their Championship clubs isn't clarified. It is also up to the director's discretion.

If they were to be given 28 day bans then any unserved days by the 31 October would be carried forward to the beginning of next season.

I would think there will be some serious discussion this week as Newcastle will certainly want Max Clegg and Danny Phillips to be riding at Newcastle next Sunday in their KOC final. The problem is both fixtures are re-arranged matches from their original dates. The BSPA/SCB have history in disregarding the the regs (in the interest of the sport) in such cases.

Personally I hope they are both at Newcastle

All these late season problems are so avoidable if clubs made better use of the summer months...Speedway must get its house in order the fans are sick of the incompetent running of the sport....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, waco said:

All these late season problems are so avoidable if clubs made better use of the summer months...Speedway must get its house in order the fans are sick of the incompetent running of the sport....

It will be the same next year I would think...

And the same the year after that. .

And the one after that. .

And the etc etc etc..

Incredible really isn't it?