British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

NLRC - Scunthorpe, Sunday, NOW October 20th, 5pm

Given the NDL play off has been pushed back until the 21st i ca imagine there a couple of Kent & Leicester riders who don't fancy two important meetings back to back & i would imagine a couple of nervous promotions / managers. Get ready to update the list of comedy excuses......

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Given the NDL play off has been pushed back until the 21st i ca imagine there a couple of Kent & Leicester riders who don't fancy two important meetings back to back & i would imagine a couple of nervous promotions / managers. Get ready to update the list of comedy excuses......

Notwithstanding that some riders MAY (or not) be given to miss the meeting in order to ride for their championship clubs, the only way a rider can miss the NLRC and ride on the monday is if he has a speedway injury. i.e. one that occurred during a meeting. Any other excuse, for example illness, bad back lifting bike into van, is classed as a non speedway injury/illness and results in an immediate 8 day ban. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, leander said:

Notwithstanding that some riders MAY (or not) be given to miss the meeting in order to ride for their championship clubs, the only way a rider can miss the NLRC and ride on the monday is if he has a speedway injury. i.e. one that occurred during a meeting. Any other excuse, for example illness, bad back lifting bike into van, is classed as a non speedway injury/illness and results in an immediate 8 day ban. 

Whilst i whole-heartedly agree in a sport that has seen riders miss meetings due to transport issues, pre-arranged family dinners, family cycling holidays and multiple other allergic reactions to travelling to tracks that they are just not keen on i shall await the final line up with baited breath.

I believe the punishment for missing the NLRC is actually a 2 home meeting ban. (How that works for someone doubling up I am not sure, but assume it would only affect his NL club)

For me what I would like to see is the cream of the NL riding in front of a big crowd in decent weather.

My suggestion is hold it at Swindon or Somerset the sunday after the Cardiff GP, what are peoples thoughts.

• Like 2

So the BSPA rules that Clegg must ride for Newcastle and not at the NLRC despite their own rule book saying he should be at the NLRC :blink:

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

So the BSPA rules that Clegg must ride for Newcastle and not at the NLRC despite their own rule book saying he should be at the NLRC :blink:

Ah yes but the BSPA seem to think play offs and cup finals are above the rule of law( or regulation ). curious to know where this info can be found though. (Not the rule, the fact that Max is riding at Newcastle)

15 minutes ago, leander said:

Ah yes but the BSPA seem to think play offs and cup finals are above the rule of law( or regulation ). curious to know where this info can be found though. (Not the rule, the fact that Max is riding at Newcastle)

It’s on the cradley twitter feed that jack smith is replacing max because he’s riding for Newcastle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

26 minutes ago, leander said:

9 minutes ago, bigred said:

It’s on the cradley twitter feed that jack smith is replacing max because he’s riding for Newcastle.

What difference twelve months makes... Last season the Peterborough v Lakeside Championship Shield semi-Final was on the same day as the NDLRC; on that occasion Ben Morley and Alfie Bowtell were required to race at Leicester in the NDLRC in accordance with the rulebook.

24 minutes ago, bigred said:

Thank you. I don't do TWITter

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Never really expected anything else, never expected Lawson not to ride for Ipswich instead of Eastie and this case with Clegg. I'd bet if there's still 3 leagues  next year the rules will be made simpler, the higher league will have first option on any rider in any competition throughout the season. 

Speedway is becoming a complete joke in this country...Clegg had a very good chance of becoming National League champion,,,or a bit part player elsewhere

Edited by waco
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

It was originally due at Leicester the day after the GP!!!!!

Great for all the fans heading north. Swindon or Somerset would mean people going no more the 45 mins iut of thier way. Works for everyone.

Are the riders being paid according to where they finish in the Final ie or are they receiving points money ?, I have also heard they wont be getting Travel money nor a Tyre.

1 hour ago, greyhoundp said:

Are the riders being paid according to where they finish in the Final ie or are they receiving points money ?, I have also heard they wont be getting Travel money nor a Tyre.

Each rider will get a tyre.