British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

NLRC - Scunthorpe, Sunday, NOW October 20th, 5pm

On 15 October 2019 at 5:01 PM, NeilWatson said:

What difference twelve months makes... Last season the Peterborough v Lakeside Championship Shield semi-Final was on the same day as the NDLRC; on that occasion Ben Morley and Alfie Bowtell were required to race at Leicester in the NDLRC in accordance with the rulebook.

You can see why some may fans simply "give up" can't you?

We now have Kyle Bickley possibly missing the NL KO Cup Final as it's been arranged on the same night as a GB International match..

And the Championship Final will no doubt have a guest farce written into its contract somewhere along the line..

Lets be honest, if the supposed prestigious, showpiece events are treated (by those who run them), with such a lack of respect, why then should the fan base bother with them and attend?

Sometimes you do actually feel that some one is possibly conducting a top level governmental experiment in the background, trying at every corner to undermine it with the most ridiculous decision making imaginable to see how far it can be stretched before breaking.. :o

Or maybe it's a bunch of rabid environmentalists involved who just want the sport closed down on noise pollution grounds or because of the global air miles pollution footprint so many riders infest on the world?:rolleyes:

Or powerful property investers who want all tracks becoming housing estates?:o

My own personal belief (and only rational conclusion I can make given what constantly goes on), is that "Dr Evil" from Austin Powers is actually in overall charge, has brainwashed everyone within UK Speedway,  and is sat in his lair making up the most far fetched scenarios his warped mind could conceive, laughing hysterically and manically to himself as they all get endorsed and used by everyone involved within the sport who are trapped under his mind spells..

"When should we run the Championship Grand Final Dr Evil"

"On the same night as the NLRC"!...

"But that will mean riders needing to be in two places at the same time, and some will have to miss the final, making the meeting completely devalued. Many people will simply decide not to go and watch it"....

"I know"!!!

"Bwa ha"

"Bwa ha, ha ha"

"Bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha" etc etc etc..  :D

It does shoot itself in the foot so many times, year in year out, with self created issues that it has to be more than just coincidence surely? 

With the biggest frustration being for the fans of course, just how good it all could be if it was just organised well...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Hume, Phillips, Stoneman, Clegg and Wilson out.

Thompson Twins, Flint (back in), Wallinger and Smith in

Takes deep breath...So Plymouth cannot manage to send a single rider to the event and Cradley can only manage one so presume there is a Mountain of doctors notes being produced or riders picking up the 2 match bans? Then the icing on the cake that Wally gets a ride when he is unattached (yes he has ridden for 50% of the clubs in the league) but surely any credibility this event has left will evaporate IF an unattached rider wins it.

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Hume, Phillips, Stoneman, Clegg and Wilson out.

Thompson Twins, Flint (back in), Wallinger and Smith in

Why are Hume, Stoneman & Wilson out? 

Wallinger hahahah he doesn’t even have a club!

Edited by Islander15

Perhaps the National League 'Co-Ordinator'  (?), Jason Pipe , would like to explain to everyone how these decisions have been made as I can't for the life of me work out how a rider with no club takes precedence over a rider with a club who actually has a HIGHER average anyway!

Or that a club has no rider representation when other clubs have a few?

Come on Mr.Pipe, pipe up!

• Like 1

There appears to be no justification for what has been announced ( has it been announced publicly?) as the rule book simply does not allow it. It would appear the rules are to be ignored ( again ) and Vatcher and Pipe are just making it up as they go along.

No doubt the puppet Vatcher has been told by his masters, the BSPA Mafia, that they want precedence over the riders concerned and Vatcher has then told Pipe that this will happen, FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE SPORT as they like to say or to the detriment of the National League.

• Like 3

David Wallinger (Unattached),  What overall match average has this rider managed in the 2019 season? What clubs has he raced for this season? Why does he keep- changing clubs? What is his career long speedway background?

28 minutes ago, gustix said:

David Wallinger (Unattached),  What overall match average has this rider managed in the 2019 season? What clubs has he raced for this season? Why does he keep- changing clubs? What is his career long speedway background?

I have found this basic information on David Wallinger. No National League data however in regard to the 2019 season. 

http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/9328/david-wallinger

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, gustix said:

He doesn’t have a club so he shouldn’t be in regardless of his average. But his 2019 average is 4.32 and that’s lower than Ledwith, Marson, Brooks, Priest, Spooner, Harris, Bailey, Andrews, Campos, Terry-Daley, Embleton, you get the picture...

• Like 1

If(when) Sunday gets called off will another re-staged meeting revert back to the original line ups? 

The weather forecast has somewhat changed with no rain throughout the day.

http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Scunthorpe&locationID=56905&lat=53.6&lon=-0.7&dateFor=20/10/2019

Mind you, there is time for that to change, and the line up.

Although likely to change how the devil is Cradley's Tom Spencer only reserve and Wally in the competition? Surely these should be switched. I can fully understand unattached riders at reserve (just) although Sam Woods is another odd choice but any willing reserves should be considered. But Cradley deserve two representatives and if Wallinger wants the rides he should let everyone see him turn up as a willing reserve :D

I’m a Plymouth fan and no rider on our part is shocking surely Andrews should have been asked before Wallinger I’d like to no why we have no rider 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

I’m a Plymouth fan and no rider on our part is shocking surely Andrews should have been asked before Wallinger I’d like to no why we have no rider 

Whilst there are very few fit Plymouth riders left i did believe that attendance was compulsory. Wilson has retired so escapes punishment but Stoneman, Andrews (both),Young & Bursill should by rights receive bans for the next two meetings (this season or next) but we all know they won't . 

Will Dave be acting as Plymouths representative ? He did ride for them during the season ?