British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

NLRC - Scunthorpe, Sunday, NOW October 20th, 5pm

Why is the discussion all about Wallinger all of a sudden? It's not his fault he's been asked to ride, surely the question , which is not being answered , is WHY was he asked ?

The decision makers need to explain themselves as to this line up.

6 hours ago, gustix said:

David Wallinger (Unattached),  What overall match average has this rider managed in the 2019 season? What clubs has he raced for this season? Why does he keep- changing clubs? What is his career long speedway background?

A taste of things to come next season perhaps? A team or even teams made up of freelancers taking part in the league with no home track, to try to keep the league going? I think something similar happened in one-day cricket some years ago, seem to recall the team was called Unicorns. In fact that could be a very apposite name.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Why is the discussion all about Wallinger all of a sudden? It's not his fault he's been asked to ride, surely the question , which is not being answered , is WHY was he asked ?

Your right it shouldn’t be about him and they do need to explain themselves as does my team Plymouth’s promotion Why we can’t send a ride very poor show.

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Questions do need to be asked about why was he asked? I do not believe that every single employed NL rider was asked before him. But also questions need to be asked of Wallinger as to why he thinks he can morally take the spot when he’s unemployed and been sacked more than once this season yet there other riders with teams who are not involved. 

• Like 1

The Line-up does now have Tom Young in instead of Wallinger on the NLRC section on the BSPA website (Not the story on the main page)

This is becoming an absolute farce.....But totally typical of the way speedway is run...I am now waiting for the final demise of our wonderfull sport in this country..C,ant be long.................?..

• Like 1

Maybe Tai could ride over here for loads of teams as 'unattached' and then ride in the British and Premiership Championships?

Of course, the Premiership should have to hold such an event for it to happen.. :lol::rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, waco said:

This is becoming an absolute farce.....But totally typical of the way speedway is run...I am now waiting for the final demise of our wonderfull sport in this country..C,ant be long.................?..

I don't think speedway will disappear from the British sporting scene. However I think it could eventually cease to be a team sport and evolve more along the open-individual style lines so popular in California, USA. 

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

According to Plymouth Tom Young is representing them in the NLRC.  No Wallinger.

Wallinger has put on fb that he was asked to do the NLRC and said yes but last night (!) was told that he was no longer needed. 

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst there are very few fit Plymouth riders left i did believe that attendance was compulsory. Wilson has retired so escapes punishment but Stoneman, Andrews (both),Young & Bursill should by rights receive bans for the next two meetings (this season or next) but we all know they won't . 

Do we actually KNOW FOR SURE they turned the meeting down !!

37 minutes ago, Falcons50 said:

Do we actually KNOW FOR SURE they turned the meeting down !!

No i don't. I know that all teams have 2 places in the competition and it is a compulsory event. The organisers should contact each club and say you need to send your top 2 riders by MA (unless they can produce doctors notes) then it moves down the side. If 6 of the 7 are unfit to ride thats one unlucky side. 

• Like 1