British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

NLRC - Scunthorpe, Sunday, NOW October 20th, 5pm

23 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No i don't. I know that all teams have 2 places in the competition and it is a compulsory event. The organisers should contact each club and say you need to send your top 2 riders by MA (unless they can produce doctors notes) then it moves down the side. If 6 of the 7 are unfit to ride thats one unlucky side. 

With Ben having announced retirement and the meeting being postponed several times any appointment/holiday already booked would have to take preference surely. These guys fit speedway in with a normal life job, they deserve to have a holiday at the end of the season. Postponements through weather can't be accounted for always, is this the third attempt at running this one, I've lost count. Having a 6 or 7 in for a Championship title against the likes of Ellis Perks is no good for anyone. It should be for riders purely riding the National league.

• Like 1

With the Glasgow v Leicester Championship Play-off final postponed tonight, what's the chances that it will be re-arranged for Sunday?

And if so, what does that mean for the NLRC in respect of Ellis Perks, Joe Lawlor and Kyle Bickley?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

With the Glasgow v Leicester Championship Play-off final postponed tonight, what's the chances that it will be re-arranged for Sunday?

And if so, what does that mean for the NLRC in respect of Ellis Perks, Joe Lawlor and Kyle Bickley?

It means it’s going to be an even bigger joke than it allready is !!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

With Ben having announced retirement and the meeting being postponed several times any appointment/holiday already booked would have to take preference surely. These guys fit speedway in with a normal life job, they deserve to have a holiday at the end of the season. Postponements through weather can't be accounted for always, is this the third attempt at running this one, I've lost count. Having a 6 or 7 in for a Championship title against the likes of Ellis Perks is no good for anyone. It should be for riders purely riding the National league.

Im certainly not going to debate that riders & families deserve a holiday after a hard season and that postponements are annoying but as things stand the rules are the rules and until changed they should be observed otherwise we end up in a bigger mess than we are in now.

As for a 6 or 7 being in, that will only happen if the higher riders don't dodge it, lets not forget it is also a privilege to ride for a speedway team and with that comes certain obligations. 

Purely for riders that are eligible to ride in the NL and are in a declared 1-7 NL side. Perks is currently the best rider in the league and should not be denied the chance to become individual champion.

If I had a bike I might have just turned up on Sunday.  There will be a good chance of getting a go.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Taken from the Scunthorpe website: 

LINE-UP: 1.                                                Ryan Kinsley (Mildenhall),                            2. Kyle Bickley (Belle Vue),                           3. Jordan Palin (Belle Vue),                           4. Ben Morley (Isle of Wight),                       5. Ellis Perks (Leicester),                               6. Joe Thompson (Leicester),                      7. Dan Thompson (Leicester),                      8. Joe Lawlor (Stoke),                                    9. Jason Edwards (Mildenhall),                  10. Danno Verge (Isle of Wight),                11. Drew Kemp (Kent),                               12. Leon Flint (Belle Vue),                           13. Tom Young (Plymouth),                        14. Anders Rowe (Kent),                            15. Connor Coles (Stoke),                           16. Jack Smith (Cradley).

Looking at the line up for me, it’s perks to lose. Kemp will be there or there about a if he has no mechanical issues and I feel that Kingsley can cause an upset. The big spoiler for me will be Rowe...they have an amateur meeting on in the morning so the track is going to be as hard as the M1 and I fancy a slick circle to suit Anders to a T. May the best rider win.

So Tom Perry can manage to guest for Peterborough today, so why isn’t he in this meeting?

I still think Perls is favourite but it’s not that clear cut but Kinsley & Kemp are going to be there or thereabouts. Best of luck to Morley and Verge and of course Ben is a double winner so you cannot write him off!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

So Tom Perry can manage to guest for Peterborough today, so why isn’t he in this meeting?

I still think Perls is favourite but it’s not that clear cut but Kinsley & Kemp are going to be there or thereabouts. Best of luck to Morley and Verge and of course Ben is a double winner so you cannot write him off!

A bit unfair on the last minute riders BUT now Newcastle is off wouldn’t it be better to have Max clegg and Danny Phillips back in.Max is at top of the NL averages after all...

• Like 1

Remove the dross and put Clegg  and Philips back in ,,and make the meeting a bit more representative of the actual top riders in the league,,as the meeting is advertised ,.....at the moment it is a disgracefull watered down version ....the organisers should be ashamed of this line up

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, waco said:

Remove the dross and put Clegg  and Philips back in ,,and make the meeting a bit more representative of the actual top riders in the league,,as the meeting is advertised ,.....at the moment it is a disgracefull watered down version ....the organisers should be ashamed of this line up.

And just who are the organisers, as its a BSPA event i would have thought that its them under the guideance of NL Co-ordinator Jason Pipe.

34 minutes ago, waco said:

Remove the dross and put Clegg  and Philips back in ,,and make the meeting a bit more representative of the actual top riders in the league,,as the meeting is advertised ,.....at the moment it is a disgracefull watered down version ....the organisers should be ashamed of this line up

Max clegg now in meeting at no7.

• Like 1

Great news big red ,,,probably only  Hume of the top boys missing ....Who  is actually out for Clegg ??

22 minutes ago, waco said:

Great news big red ,,,probably only  Hume of the top boys missing ....Who  is actually out for Clegg ??

I believe one of the Thomson boys.my tip 3 morley perks clegg.note sure on the order ..

1 hour ago, waco said:

I think Phillips was brought in as a fellow Colts rider (Flint) was out. Now he is back in, bringing back Phillips, who was not in the original line up & brought in for Perry, would make it 4 Colts riders. Is that fair? 

Whats the weather like over there.. been raining here for 45mins or so??