British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

NLRC - Scunthorpe, Sunday, NOW October 20th, 5pm

6 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Taken from the Scunthorpe website: 

LINE-UP: 1.                                                Ryan Kinsley (Mildenhall),                            2. Kyle Bickley (Belle Vue),                           3. Jordan Palin (Belle Vue),                           4. Ben Morley (Isle of Wight),                       5. Ellis Perks (Leicester),                               6. Joe Thompson (Leicester),                      7. Dan Thompson (Leicester),                      8. Joe Lawlor (Stoke),                                    9. Jason Edwards (Mildenhall),                  10. Danno Verge (Isle of Wight),                11. Drew Kemp (Kent),                               12. Leon Flint (Belle Vue),                           13. Tom Young (Plymouth),                        14. Anders Rowe (Kent),                            15. Connor Coles (Stoke),                           16. Jack Smith (Cradley).

Looking at the line up for me, it’s perks to lose. Kemp will be there or there about a if he has no mechanical issues and I feel that Kingsley can cause an upset. The big spoiler for me will be Rowe...they have an amateur meeting on in the morning so the track is going to be as hard as the M1 and I fancy a slick circle to suit Anders to a T. May the best rider win.

Rowe and Flint for me most improved young riders this season and seem to have overtaken Kemp and Bickley (who is awful away from his home tracks in both Leagues).

Thompsons' though have been a revelation and despite the hope have exceeded expectations, Palin is very capable spoiler too

Who is Tom Young?, new name to me??

If Tom Brennan has stayed fit, he would have been a candidate for a rostrum spot.

32 minutes ago, HGould said:

Who is Tom Young?, new name to me??

Thomas Andrew (Tom) YOUNG

Born: 3 September 1991, Newport, Gwent, Wales.

Career record: (2009-11) Newport II; (2012) Scunthorpe II, (2013) Isle of Wight, Stoke; (2019) Plymouth.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Thomas Andrew (Tom) YOUNG

Born: 3 September 1991, Newport, Gwent, Wales.

Career record: (2009-11) Newport II; (2012) Scunthorpe II, (2013) Isle of Wight, Stoke; (2019) Plymouth.

Thanks Mimmo.

so he had 6 years off and seems to have just come back?

Meeting abandoned rain ..result after first 3 heats for each rider...Winner Anders Row well done 3 wins.....second Kemp ,third Clegg.........What a shame this meeting has been jinxed by the weather from the word go......

Edited by waco

9 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

Taken from the Scunthorpe website: 

LINE-UP: 1.                                                Ryan Kinsley (Mildenhall),                            2. Kyle Bickley (Belle Vue),                           3. Jordan Palin (Belle Vue),                           4. Ben Morley (Isle of Wight),                       5. Ellis Perks (Leicester),                               6. Joe Thompson (Leicester),                      7. Dan Thompson (Leicester),                      8. Joe Lawlor (Stoke),                                    9. Jason Edwards (Mildenhall),                  10. Danno Verge (Isle of Wight),                11. Drew Kemp (Kent),                               12. Leon Flint (Belle Vue),                           13. Tom Young (Plymouth),                        14. Anders Rowe (Kent),                            15. Connor Coles (Stoke),                           16. Jack Smith (Cradley).

Looking at the line up for me, it’s perks to lose. Kemp will be there or there about a if he has no mechanical issues and I feel that Kingsley can cause an upset. The big spoiler for me will be Rowe...they have an amateur meeting on in the morning so the track is going to be as hard as the M1 and I fancy a slick circle to suit Anders to a T. May the best rider win.

Called that one didn’t I, now time to try my luck on the lottery.. 

How did the referee come up with the result between Anders and Drew?

3 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Called after nine heats

6 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Anders won his 1st 3 heats no-one else did.

20 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Called after nine heats

It was called after 12 heats, 3 rides each

Just now, NeilWatson said:

It was called after 12 heats, 3 rides each

Thank you Neil - brain fade on my part. Called after 3 rounds - but there, of course, there are four heats in a round: 3 x 4 = 12 

Back to primary school Y1 for me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

Anders won his 1st 3 heats no-one else did.

Course it was! Sorry, yes, back with it!

• Like 1

Calling it after three rounds of heats is iffy. Usually the programme compiler makes heat 20 the decider. 

Why not abandoned with a new date for meeting. Looks like being dry this week.

Congratulations to Anders Rowe.

All this whinging us really rather tedious. The early calling of the result may not be ideal but it is a well established mechanism (anyone remember the great Kasprzak Suchanek run- off for the World u21 title?)

Edited by arnieg