British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Edinburgh vs Newcastle SGB Championship 27/09/19 7.30pm

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

There are really no rules that can’t be broken in Speedway if the need arises.

I'm still waiting for the BSPA to repeal the laws of gravity.....

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

My recollection is that at the 2009 conference they reassessed the gravitational constant at 6.00 as the 9.81 figure was out of date

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

My recollection is that at the 2009 conference they reassessed the gravitational constant at 6.00 as the 9.81 figure was out of date

with an additional .6 allowed for guests replacing home riders.

13 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I can't find any rules on the BSPA site but I can find them on the SCB site.

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I can't find any rules on the BSPA site but I can find them on the SCB site.

BSPA write certain rules which the SCB incorporate in their rule book.

You don't like humour, do you?

Been around the sport since 1971 so perfectly aware how it's governed. You?

So where is Bjerre? Haven’t seen anywhere as to why he’s not riding or can he just not be bothered to go to Edinburgh?

25 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Masters & Pickering signed for next season.

Is this a wind up?

Would so much like to believe this is 100% true.

Well I got that totally wrong!

Assumed because Bloom89 is (according to profile) a Diamonds supporter that he/she was reporting signings for Newcastle.

It sounded too good to be true, and it was!

i watched this meeting on EMTV.racing was poor . i can now see why Edinburgh is called a trick track . lots of dummy lines and  i dont think i would pay to watch racing there !  i am sure lots of others love it , but its not for me . so thats two meeting on EMTV i have seen and nothing to write home about . 

BTW , the coverage was good and no smashie and nicey talking while the racing was going on . good idea tho ..

would deffo pay for it on a regular bases if i wanted to see certain other teams there .

Edited by jenga

On 10/3/2019 at 7:52 PM, StevePark said:

The SCB have said Danny can ride for Belle Vue Colts, so and I'm guessing here, I presume Belle Vue asked for him to ride for them, seeing as it's a Play-off and the Championship League meeting, in effect, is a dead rubber.

The meeting referee contacted the BSPA Vice-Chairman and was told that he had approved Phillips riding at Belle Vue. 

13 hours ago, jenga said:

i watched this meeting on EMTV.racing was poor . i can now see why Edinburgh is called a trick track . lots of dummy lines and  i dont think i would pay to watch racing there !  i am sure lots of others love it , but its not for me . so thats two meeting on EMTV i have seen and nothing to write home about . 

BTW , the coverage was good and no smashie and nicey talking while the racing was going on . good idea tho ..

would deffo pay for it on a regular bases if i wanted to see certain other teams there .

You do realise the track was soaking and times were 5/6 seconds slower than normal.

Can I add the comment about the Edinburgh track as of the other Tracks I been to over the years, I liked the racing at Armadale

as you needed track craft to get around and didn't need to make the gate like most of the others.

I'm actually surprised that the meeting took place as the weather in Newcastle we had a lot of rain yesterday and this covered

southern Scotland as well.