British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Somerset, play off 1st leg 27/9/19 @19-30

Some cracking heats in a very good match,Anders Rowe was man of the match for me, very impressive performance.Match in the balance IMO.Tigers slight favourites if reserves can get a few points.

ps 

Though Rory got 2nd in that tight finish with the 2 Tigers!

• Like 1

It appears a few Glasgow fans are playing down a 12 point win - this look all over to me. Heats 13 and 15 cost the Rebels tonight. Glasgow have already won at Somerset in the league and also won the pairs there. 

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Though Rory got 2nd in that tight finish with the 2 Tigers!

Everyone in the stadium , bar Michael Breckon , saw that too . 

As many have said , cracking meeting tonight . Didn't think we were going to get anything like a defendable lead for most of the meeting , but we upped our game after the interval as the Somerset heat leaders faded . 

Some ropey looking starts , from both sides , were allowed to go unpunished before he pulled Chris Harris , of all people , back late on . 

I thought the Somerset bottom end would struggle , and the reserves did , but Anders Rowe did anything but struggle . Those saying Kyle Bickley should have had more rides , I can sort of see your point , but although he outscored Bailey , Bailey was the more aggressive of the pair as Bickley was easily passed by Rowe in heat 8 . And we could only replace Andersen the once . 

Will a twelve point lead be enough ? Very possibly the way Rasser and Cookie go down there , but it's play off speedway and anything can happen .

• Like 7

15 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

What planet are you on. Can you not read, OK silly question, you are from the Worky area so no need to ask. I thought the meeting would be on. Surprised when the message came through it was off as the Tigers Facebook team seemed confident it would be on. I turned back rather disappointed then read that both Glasgow and Somerset officials confirmed the ref made the decision. How am I defending the indefensible? Now if I had said that Jenga and Taylorj were two of the most likeable and sensible people on this forum I can understand why people might think I was trying to defend the indefensible, but I haven't and won't. 

Same tripe from the Hog's mouth :rofl: you don't know me very well ........do you really think I give a sh** who likes me on here :lol: this Forum is like a toy to entertain me when I'm bored :icon_smile_clown:

Advantage Glasgow , Somerset's reserves cost them dearly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just back in from a most enjoyable nights entertainment! Both sides giving it their all in particular a special mention to Anders Rowe , attacked the track and showed no fear , more to come from him I think. A 12 point lead to defend , will it be enough I hope so . Whatever happens tomorrow night if that was the last meeting at Ashfield for this season then it was up there with some of the best racing I've seen this season. But fingers crossed I will be back next week for a final, so best of luck you tigers for tomorrow night.

the last meeting !   so you are not taking part in the classic Scottish cup meeting . maybe Berwick can take your place then .then again it would not be a full blown Scottish affair .

good look in the semi tonight. but more luck to the revels/wyverns .(again) .

13 minutes ago, jenga said:

the last meeting !   so you are not taking part in the classic Scottish cup meeting . maybe Berwick can take your place then .then again it would not be a full blown Scottish affair .

No, we are not taking part in the Scottish Cup meeting........and neither is Edinburgh. Do try to keep up.......lol

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

No , speedway's premier trophy will start the 2020 campaign in Scotland 

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

Same tripe from the Hog's mouth :rofl: you don't know me very well ........do you really think I give a sh** who likes me on here :lol: this Forum is like a toy to entertain me when I'm bored :icon_smile_clown:

:rofl: plus thanks for your assessment of Somerset's reserves, who would have thought it :t:

• Thanks 1

Last night's meeting just got better and better, some immense (and tense) racing to savour. Feel a little sorry for the Rebels reserves who seem to have been dismissed entirely when, in my view, they were certainly in the thick of the action last night - yes, just 1 point amassed between them in the end, but the effort was there (Connor only scored 3 and look at the effort he put in). Anyway, a 12 point advantage is more than I'd hoped for/expected, fingers crossed we can hang on to that tonight - this season's efforts certainly deserve one last hurrah before the long close season.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

leave the lemmings alone tj . they dont like their feathers being ruffled ya know . (lemmings wid feathers) ,whatever next.... prob battered mars bars !

21 minutes ago, GlasVegas said:

Last night's meeting just got better and better, some immense (and tense) racing to savour. Feel a little sorry for the Rebels reserves who seem to have been dismissed entirely when, in my view, they were certainly in the thick of the action last night - yes, just 1 point amassed between them in the end, but the effort was there (Connor only scored 3 and look at the effort he put in). Anyway, a 12 point advantage is more than I'd hoped for/expected, fingers crossed we can hang on to that tonight - this season's efforts certainly deserve one last hurrah before the long close season.  

I agree,The Rebels reserves put in a lot of effort and were not far off the pace.Bailey was better than his 3 points.

14 hours ago, BobC said:

Great result for the Tigers,51-39. Better use of Bickley might have increased the lead?

Hoping to be there for the return on Weds.

Warning: dont get complacent, as  Poole fan, I know only too well how things can quickly change.

Mon the Tigers!

Bickley scored vital points but the only opposition riders he beat were their reserves.Bailey was more competitive and replaced Andersen in the only real change that could be made and that was against Morris and Covatti.Would have made no difference IMO 

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Bickley scored vital points but the only opposition riders he beat were their reserves.Bailey was more competitive and replaced Andersen in the only real change that could be made and that was against Morris and Covatti.Would have made no difference IMO 

He did his job then. :t::cheers:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

He did his job then. :t::cheers:

He sure did,I never criticised him was just pointing out the facts in reply to another Post. IMO :t:

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just back in from a most enjoyable nights entertainment! Both sides giving it their all in particular a special mention to Anders Rowe , attacked the track and showed no fear , more to come from him I think. A 12 point lead to defend , will it be enough I hope so . Whatever happens tomorrow night if that was the last meeting at Ashfield for this season then it was up there with some of the best racing I've seen this season. But fingers crossed I will be back next week for a final, so best of luck you tigers for tomorrow night.

12 hours ago, jenga said:

Well it looks like I do have another home meeting to attend!  Well done to the lads tonight and bring on the finals!!!!!

• Like 1