British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Somerset, play off 1st leg 27/9/19 @19-30

14 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

you sure they weren't brown ?

EYE, it was brown . but B.B.Q. 

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Very interesting quote from Gary May on SGB Website regarding last weeks call off.

Don't know that it is interesting other than confirming that it was the ref that decided the track wasn't fit for racing. 

18 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Don't know that it is interesting other than confirming that it was the ref that decided the track wasn't fit for racing. 

I find it interesting, giving what I witnessed at the Stadium.I don’t doubt that the Ref called it off though.;)  Water under the bridge now.Cant make up my mind whether to bother turning up tomorrow given what I witnessed last week and I’m sure a few others might have the same thoughts.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I find it interesting, giving what I witnessed at the Stadium.I don’t doubt that the Ref called it off though.;)  Water under the bridge now.Cant make up my mind whether to bother turning up tomorrow given what I witnessed last week and I’m sure a few others might have the same thoughts.

you should know by now its always the refs fault . i heard he lost his dirtometer on the 1st bend cos it was so deep . took a strop and said flip it , i am off . all riders begged him to come back and even the promotion from both sides tried to bribe him. but he was avin none of that Scottish currency in his wallet !    there was a whip round for a new dirtometer tho . but just enough to buy a stubby dirtometer . 

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

I was parked directly outside the gates ion Saturday at 5.30 and saw people walking in.  I got out of my car and as I went to pay the news broke. 5 mins later I saw a Somerset family getting back into their car.  .I felt for them..

• Like 3

Teams for tonight (taken from Somerset website)

Glasgow: Craig Cook (Capt), Mikkel B Andersen, Claus Vissing, Sam Jensen, Rasmus Jensen, Connor Bailey, Kyle Bickley,

Somerset: Rory Schlein, Anders Rowe, Nick Morris, Nico Covatti, Chris Harris (Capt), Nathan Stoneman, Luke Harris

C'mon the Tigers!

11 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Always defending the indefensible :rolleyes: 

Shame, but I feel Somersets tail will let them down  , a good top 4 but not much back up , as with Worky last year the reserves are key to a winning team , reluctantly I go with Glasgow over the two legs :wink:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Hows the weather??

Sunny and dry but cold.

Depends who the ref is though as sunny and dry might not matter.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just checked the weather and it’s forecast to be dry all night , cold later on , down to a Scottish summer of 7 degrees at 8 o clock.

Good luck to the Tigers. 

14 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Is that fit for one team or both? It depends on the attitude of riders with a quiet word in the ref's ear. ;)

• Like 3

wots the wever lyke up therr . rain on shine ?

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

wots the wever lyke up therr . rain on shine ?

Sun splitting the sky, it might go ahead.:D

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Always defending the indefensible :rolleyes: 

Shame, but I feel Somersets tail will let them down  , a good top 4 but not much back up , as with Worky last year the reserves are key to a winning team , reluctantly I go with Glasgow over the two legs :wink:

What planet are you on. Can you not read, OK silly question, you are from the Worky area so no need to ask. I thought the meeting would be on. Surprised when the message came through it was off as the Tigers Facebook team seemed confident it would be on. I turned back rather disappointed then read that both Glasgow and Somerset officials confirmed the ref made the decision. How am I defending the indefensible? Now if I had said that Jenga and Taylorj were two of the most likeable and sensible people on this forum I can understand why people might think I was trying to defend the indefensible, but I haven't and won't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1