British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh I think you can get in a routine of not going! Which is a bit bad I suppose. I think if the standard was how it was in the early 2000s I would try harder to go. But atm with after school activities on Mon and thurs, she doesn't finish school til about half 4. I don't exactly live in Poole, so prob only get 90 mins at the most with her before I would have to ask Grandparents to babysit for me. So I can't really justify going. 

It's like when work want to do a night out til 2am, on a school night. Like are you kidding me? If I don't fall asleep before 11pm it's a miracle! 

you also get to a stage when you say shall I go or not we went last night . must admit when we are on tv don't normally go 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Really much more important that supporting your team in a play off semi ? Always excuses. Im sure you will have some more all ready  written down for tomorrow night as well. :o

Genuine question, take it you will be at Ipswich ?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Forecast starting to look a bit iffy now for tomorrow night. The bbc show rain hitting the area around 7-8pm. Not going all that way for a call off. Will look again in the morning.

The rain we had for around 45 minutes at around 5pm today will have left the track absolutely flooded 

You could've floated a boat down the streets

Need a dry day all day tomorrow.....

Met Office app has rain arriving over the Foxhole at 11pm tomorrow. 

Lets hope the ref keeps it moving as the forecasted torrential rain from the south west could hit any time after 9pm. I'd hate to get to heat 10 and it was 30-30 on the night!!:t:;)

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Lets hope the ref keeps it moving as the forecasted torrential rain from the south west could hit any time after 9pm. I'd hate to get :wub:to heat 10 and it was 30-30 on the night!!:t:;)

Even worse if it was 36. 24 :rofl:

Why couldn’t it be brought forward with the forecast looking iffy like say 6.30-7pm. Is there any reason why this can’t be done ?

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Lets hope the ref keeps it moving as the forecasted torrential rain from the south west could hit any time after 9pm. I'd hate to get to heat 10 and it was 30-30 on the night!!:t:;)

Yeah as long as the ref keeps it fair at the starts and pulls back the Poole rollers ;)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Yeah as long as the ref keeps it fair at the starts and pulls back the Poole rollers ;)

Every club has rollers Steve, it all evens out over a season.

• Like 1