British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

Its not just the starts we have to worry about, there is the sliding off and staying down ploy when Ipswich on a 5-1;).:D  Hopefully Chris will use the cant fix the airbag trick if we are struggling, and get it called off when the rain comes or even  rip the track up while track staff stand around scratching there heads.:t:.Seriously though I just hope if its our last home meeting there is some good racing and both sides stay safe. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

.:icon_smile_clown:

Your usual response to someone making a valid point.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Every club has rollers Steve, it all evens out over a season.

You would like to think it would even itself out over the season.But now it's a ko competition you would like to see it evened out over the two legs.I must admit i didn't think there were as many rollers as AntiqueSteve believed.But i definitely see 2 rollers that gained a team paid 5pts.

39 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You would like to think it would even itself out over the season.But now it's a ko competition you would like to see it evened out over the two legs.I must admit i didn't think there were as many rollers as AntiqueSteve believed.But i definitely see 2 rollers that gained a team paid 5pts.

Who were they? 

We are renowned for being slow out of the starting gate and if we don't prep a track suitable for us we've got no chance! 

At the stadium. Rain not far away. They better not dither or it might not go the distance. 

Judging by the forecast on met office I see little chance of getting this through unfortunately. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

At the stadium. Rain not far away. They better not dither or it might not go the distance. 

Figures crossed the rain holds off until 9.30. How does the track look?, and don't say oval :wink:

Must be coming through quicker than they thought. Shame, as next week the weather isn't that great either.

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Figures crossed the rain holds off until 9.30. How does the track look?, and don't say oval :wink:

Looks in superb condition from these pics

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

I think Poole will edge it tonight, both the meeting and therefore of course the tie, rain is expected later so I hope both clubs approach the ref and BT Sport before hand and make it absolutely clear they need to get on with the meeting, get ten heats done then you can slow it down for Ad breaks etc

I just hope we can get on with the meeting tonight and it not like the Swedish final and many meetings of late with false starts and the usual plethora of mechanics invading the track to top up the fuel and give the bikes a 10,000 mile service, then a return to the gate with the usual gardening adjusting the clutch and goggles and then one rider will turn around a go half way back round the track before the starting marshall even tries to get them to line up. False starts all four riders should be straight back to the tapes  and lined up and ready to start under a one minute warning, those bikes should be mechanically capable of doing that and fuelled accordingly. No mechanics allowed a the track and no return to the pits.

• Like 5