British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

Tonight was a perfect example why, no matter how much they are both bigged up, neither Kurtz or Holder will ever be anywhere near World class riders.

I doubt if Holder will ever even make it into the GP series, let alone be any good in it! Kurtz MAY qualify once or twice in his career but will never be a regular or winner.

Big well done to Ipswich for winning it but oh, what a horrendously poor meeting and the atmosphere considering the occasion and result, seemed equally as poor!

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

As a Lynn fan this isn't hard to say really,but really well done Ipswich.Was thinking of coming tonight but couldn't bear to see Poole go through.Wish i was there now.

Over the 2 legs Ipswich wanted it more,proved tonight in ht14 with Lawson and Sargeant.:t::t::t::t:

Echo every word

Congratulations Ipswich, it is no good Poole only having Josh Nico and Nicolai putting in decent scores. 

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

I would agree with that assessment

I think Brady and Jack are fantastic riders. They have some serious potential. 

But Jack has improved his average but a whole 0.08 of a point in a season we were top of the league.

And Brady just needs a change, think he can be great but needs to go somewhere else and maybe not be the golden boy for a bit. 

Also, we arent keeping 4 riders with averages over 7. 

Need to be smart about reserves. 

• Like 1

Kurtz and Holder should be ashamed for letting everyone down and I personally found Holders antics embarrassing. 

Nicolai, Josh, and Nico.....You guys gave 100% effort, thank you.

Well done Ipswich, you fully deserved to win and I hope you go on to win the playoff final.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KrisB said:

Have Holder and Kurtz averages actually improved over the last three seasons?

I am not a stat man and don't support Poole pal so better off asking someone else

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of day lost it on a covatti ef and losing a shoe and the five min shower on Thursday. Thats how close it was.  Some you win some you lose.  

You lost because you wasn't good enough. Conditions were same for both teams over both meetings. Efs happen. 

• Like 2

Well done to Josh, Nicolai and Nico. You did your best and will be welcome back to Poole next year. The two young Aussies who are only interested in Poland are welcome to reapply for their jobs but more commitment is required otherwise don’t bother!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

one of them will be at Aces next season to race on a proper track :t:

I hope not...

Two of the most over rated riders in the League...

Both have had potential for far too long...

They need to start to realise it...

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I think Brady and Jack are fantastic riders. They have some serious potential. 

But Jack has improved his average but a whole 0.08 of a point in a season we were top of the league.

And Brady just needs a change, think he can be great but needs to go somewhere else and maybe not be the golden boy for a bit. 

Also, we arent keeping 4 riders with averages over 7. 

Need to be smart about reserves. 

Don't know about that, I don't think Jack will be as good as his brother Chris was and I think Brady is another Troy Batchelor 

2 minutes ago, acef said:

It’s not me that is running British speedway down, it’s the track (s)

Stop making excuses

Stop making excuses, down to tracks. Let me try and make this simple EVEN for you, even from the late 20's speedway tracks by mast majority are built inside greyhound tracks. So explain to me how they could overcome the shape and size of track? Apart from Belle Vue, Scunthorpe, Somerset and going against the grain, Wolverhampton on a well prepared track all mentioned can produce excellent racing. Name me how many tracks in Poland have greyhounds! I hope this has made it a little simpler for you to grasp!  

Well done Ipswich. Sounds like you completely deserved it. Good luck in the final. Also well done to Josh, Nic and Covatti for trying to keep our ship afloat!! 

• Like 1

As usual our number one and five were crap and I hope they are not back next season. I think we cheated with Holder injury and in many ways glad we lost for that reason and also because we will have no chance against Wolves or Swindon. Resume all season is over now?

• Like 2