British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

2 minutes ago, mj82 said:

You lost because you wasn't good enough. Conditions were same for both teams over both meetings. Efs happen. 

Agree . Funny how efs are never mentioned when its the opposition that has one .

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Hope so.

I dont

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of day lost it on a covatti ef and losing a shoe and the five min shower on Thursday. Thats how close it was.  Some you win some you lose.  

5 minutes? I didn’t think you lot liked showers down at the Four Point Arena? :P

I was wondering if I could ask a favour of you Steve, it’s a special birthday for me next year and I am planning to go to Rome, as I know you will be going shortly, can you give me a few restaurants that are good quality but reasonably priced.

I’ll be very grateful. 

Evviva.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of day lost it on a covatti ef and losing a shoe and the five min shower on Thursday. Thats how close it was.  Some you win some you lose.  

Don't blame it on the little bit of bad luck you had.Blame it on your supposedly two top Aussie boys.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Supersub said:

As usual our number one and five were crap and I hope they are not back next season. I think we cheated with Holder injury and in many ways glad we lost for that reason and also because we will have no chance against Wolves or Swindon. Resume all season is over now?

Another honest comment. It was so obvious what Poole were up to (Holder could have at least pretended to look injured ).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well done Ipswich. Sounds like you completely deserved it. Good luck in the final. Also well done to Josh, Nic and Covatti for trying to keep our ship afloat!! 

Those three were like the clingon you cant wipe off whilst the other were just regular sh!te :)

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Agree . Funny how efs are never mentioned when its the opposition that has one .

Think certain Poole fans can be very blinkered sometimes if not all the time. 

5 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Stop making excuses, down to tracks. Let me try and make this simple EVEN for you, even from the late 20's speedway tracks by mast majority are built inside greyhound tracks. So explain to me how they could overcome the shape and size of track? Apart from Belle Vue, Scunthorpe, Somerset and going against the grain, Wolverhampton on a well prepared track all mentioned can produce excellent racing. Name me how many tracks in Poland have greyhounds! I hope this has made it a little simpler for you to grasp!  

We know only to well the restrictions of a track inside a dog track, some of us haven't forgotten the Kirky Lane years

• Like 1

Well done and congrats to the Ippo boys. You deserved it on the night. Wolves or Swindon will struggle on that track if prepared the same. Only one more home meeting  left for the season ticket holders, sponsors and true fans.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Thanks 1

The upside to this poor performance from the young Aussie wimps is that we can watch the rest of the season from the comfort of our arm chairs drinking chilled G&T’s. Good luck to Swindon..

1 minute ago, Poole Quay 7 said:

Kurtz and Holder should be ashamed for letting everyone down and I personally found Holders antics embarrassing. 

Nicolai, Josh, and Nico.....You guys gave 100% effort, thank you.

Well done Ipswich, you fully deserved to win and I hope you go on to win the playoff final.

Just don’t get it. 10 points up why would two riders be so poor both in riding and it would appear attitude. Josh is a true gentleman. Nikolai, never heard speak him before but an excellent interview and Nico gives 100%, those three kept Poole from bigger embarrassment and are three riders I’d watch anywhere.

As for Ipswich, what a roller coaster. Typical to produce that on night I couldn’t be there but congratulations to everyone involved and to the supporters who deserve some enjoyment, whatever the result in the final turns out to be.

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I hope not...

Two of the most over rated riders in the League...

Both have had potential for far too long...

They need to start to realise it...

From a neutral, Brady for Leszno This year, riding at no2 in bloody hard league, did ok

9 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Don't know about that, I don't think Jack will be as good as his brother Chris was and I think Brady is another Troy Batchelor 

They are still young enough. In reality, Lambert had a worse year than those 2 on paper. So just have to see what happens to them. But they are starting to get to the age now where you really wonder will they make that jump. Fricke has, lambert was maybe a little rushed this year. Smektala, Drabik look primed and ready. 

• Like 1

Tried to cheat and still got beat.. Both Klindt and Josh had their worst rides when the stood in for Holder, both 3rds :lol:

Looked like Holder didn't fancy it after his first ride. 

• Like 3