British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

2 minutes ago, noggin said:

His sparring partner will be polishing his satchel with his tears whilst chomping on grapes.

Grapes of a certain vintage? :D

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

I tell you what if I was a promoter I would not want anybody like you slagging off british speedway like you do. Now why don't you go and find some of your old mayfairs, and hopefully find one without the pages stuck together! 

Touched a nerve have I?  Very good.

It's quite obvious you know Ipswich is sub standard in the same that S-Brum knows that Wolves is sub standard.  (He posted elsewhere on this thread.)

Reality check time for you, Brum and anyone else on here that agrees with you:

Saturday night Speedway on the tele, amazing opportunity, can't recall the last time we had British "League" Speedway on TV on Saturday night and what do we get?

For the most part, 30 yard races and top class (for this country) riders who can't get around it!  An utter joke.  Wake up and see the reality people.

I hope Ipswich go on to win the final, it will show even more what a joke the sport is in this country.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Well a leg in the biggest plaster cast I've ever seen didn't

Yes, was at Oxford for the semi & Coventry for the final

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Shut up. 

A mature reply as usual.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Congratulations to the Witches, as a team they wanted it more.

shocking to see the Pirates carry so many passengers. 

Holder tho an absolute disgrace. It’s clear him pulling out because he wasn’t interested strengthened the Pirates.

Why say you’ve hurt your toe and can put any weight on it when then seen at least twice in the pits standing on it? Naughty boy, your attitude ensured your team didn’t win tonight. :rolleyes:

I think he was caught by surprise with the interview. He didn't know what to say. He said he bent his big toe sideways showing with his fingers if my memory serves me right.

Tell me how you can bend one toe sideways in a motorbike boot unless the boot got ripped to bits. I couldn't do it in mine.

I think it's a family thing :approve:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just an observation. James Sarjeant was lauded for his point from the back in heat 14. But it's sobering to note that he outscored 4 of the Poole team and was paid for as many as Bomber from one less ride. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Stoke Potter said:

It's quite obvious you know Ipswich is sub standard in the same that S-Brum knows that Wolves is sub standard.  (He posted elsewhere on this thread.)

Saturday night Speedway on the tele, amazing opportunity, can't recall the last time we had British "League" Speedway on TV on Saturday night and what do we get?

For the most part, 30 yard races and top class (for this country) riders who can't get around it!  An utter joke.  Wake up and see the reality people.

I hope Ipswich go on to win the final, it will show even more what a joke the sport is in this country.

Bloody hell you still not found your Mayfairs! 

Reason I wanted Ippo to win, no English riders in Poole team. Well done Danny King.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, iwright71 said:

We don't have to watch this again in the Final do we ? Can we not use the  stadium replacement rule and get a leg  of the Grand Final at the National Speedway Stadium so we at least see some speedway racing in the play offs instead of a gating tournament. Lets be honest if it hadn't been close tonight who would have switched off tonight after 4 heats. As someone who doesn't support either team or have a perverse affliction to Poole getting stuffed it was an absolute bore fest.  Still those protectionists out there will tell me the racing is better than ever ! . No secret to why attendances drop year on year and the sport slowly dies

You're nailing it!  There's not many on here who actually understand...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Grapes of a certain vintage? :D

Sour vintage :drink:

• Like 1

Holder shouldn't have returned to Poole.

• Like 1

Just now, sommelier said:

Bloody hell you still not found your Mayfairs! 

You can do better than that surely..?

Come on, formulate an argument and prove to me I'm wrong......................................................................................

5 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

You are amongst a very small minority who think that Wolves is sub-standard. I have never seen you come up with any logical argument why you think that is so.

• Like 4