British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

14 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Bragging rights to Gavan throughout the winter :)

I'm getting popcorn in for the next few days - should be good craic :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

You can do better than that surely..?

Come on, formulate an argument and prove to me I'm wrong......................................................................................

PM me, will get interesting! believe me!

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done and congrats to the Ippo boys. You deserved it on the night. Wolves or Swindon will struggle on that track if prepared the same. Only one more home meeting  left for the season ticket holders, sponsors and true fans.

FFS.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Just an observation. James Sarjeant was lauded for his point from the back in heat 14. But it's sobering to note that he outscored 4 of the Poole team and was paid for as many as Bomber from one less ride. 

Seven man effort from Ippo..

Three man effort from Poole..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nice! 

My comment was meant tongue in cheek and a backhanded compliment to them

They were a credit to themselves on the track and indeed great off it in the case of the Josh G I witnessed in the pits.

Showed great humility and sportsmanship with congratulations and best wishes to Witches riders, staff and fans alike when it would've been easy to just slide away :t:

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done and congrats to the Ippo boys. You deserved it on the night. Wolves or Swindon will struggle on that track if prepared the same. Only one more home meeting  left for the season ticket holders, sponsors and true fans.

???

What was so strange about the prep in your opinion?

It was a little patchy but that was weather related rather than deliberate prep

28 minutes ago, False dawn said:

We'll find you link on YouTube in due course. I'm sure they'll be loads of fans watching this again (and again) through the winter.

I would have thought you would rather watch 2010 final but, interesting to see you are getting obsessed. 

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Super Sarj :t:

thats not what workington used to call him . but fair doos , he pulled one out of the bag. long wait till the next one gets out of the bag .:unsure:

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bloody pissing down and everyone is blocked in the carpark. Stuck here!:rolleyes:

On such a great night for British speedway why not just join in the celebrations!! :drink:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mikebv said:

In all of this piss taking of Poole...

Respect to Klindt, Josh G and Covatti..

Not 'superstars' and probably never will be (nor ever think of themselves as such like you feel some would)..

Especially Klindt..

An alleged 'gating tart' who seems to be evolving into something a whole lot more..

Including leading a team...

Wouldn't mind seeing him at the NSS next year..

Anyway, compliments over..

Let's get back to taking the piss out of Poole...:D

There are a few BV fans on twitter who want Klindt there.

1 minute ago, jenga said:

thats not what workington used to call him . but fair doos , he pulled one out of the bag. long wait till the next one gets out of the bag .:unsure:

It's already his second match winning heat 14 since rejoining

20 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Yeh agree, could you imagine Kenny Carter pulling out of a meeting with his toe :rofl: 

Exactly. When riders rode any condition and not acted like superstars.

12 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Bragging rights to Gavan throughout the winter :)

No doubt he will get harassed by the usual taunting mafia Pirates lot!

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think he was caught by surprise with the interview. He didn't know what to say. He said he bent his big toe sideways showing with his fingers if my memory serves me right.

Tell me how you can bend one toe sideways in a motorbike boot unless the boot got ripped to bits. I couldn't do it in mine.

I think it's a family thing :approve:

Any excuse to make it seems. Shame he got to look foolish and embarrass his team when standing on it on camera.

6 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

It's quite obvious you know Ipswich is sub standard in the same that S-Brum knows that Wolves is sub standard.  (He posted elsewhere on this thread.)

What are you wittering on about? Where have I ever said Wolves is sub standard? You can quote me on that if you can find it otherwise you are making stuff up.

For clarity....... all I’ve probably said (and stand by) is that track preparation on the whole has been lacking for several seasons now. Of course a lot of that issue has been to do with lack of suitable material and very few tracks seem to put this as a priority.

Wolves have usually always put entertainment before result. The loss of Doc has seen track prep more difficult to get right and several other Wolves fans have said the racing at Monmore has been nowhere as good the past few seasons.

The weather which has blighted racing much of this week has again not been taken into account for the track prep for tonight, including expected rain. 

You only criticise other tracks and don’t take those issues into account.

We all know there is a much bigger picture here. There is little that can be done about that tho.

Tracks aren’t owned by the majority and are restricted because of that.

If we look back to some of the best SKY meetings over those years a lot were from Wolves. Which I think proves the point that when prepared right it is one of the most exciting tracks in the UK. 

To ignore that fact shows how bigoted you are towards some tracks more than others. 

Congratulations to Ipswich - always good to see the 'under dog'  triumph.

TV just emphasised how dark the track is in places as modern cameras usually make light (pun intended) of poor visibility.

• Like 1