British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

10 minutes ago, colin wood said:

You think Shovlar saying riders rode like twats is a respectful comment lol.

Respectful? Possibly not :D However maybe the rest of your comment is applicable to SOME of the team. There is always next season to plan for.

11 minutes ago, colin wood said:

You think Shovlar saying riders rode like twats is a respectful comment lol.

Tbh, if Steve said that, they must have been bad!! You can't really blame him after travelling all that way. 

It was Poole's to lose, and boy did they manage that, but a three man team was not what the "top of the league" should have, good luck to Ipswich, I think they will need it.

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hate to bring up the B word but if Brexit happens would that affect Aussies's visas? They might not need to use the UK? As if we are not in the EU does the process change? 

My guess is that with so many other things to sort out nothing will change for a year or two. The Govt. wants to move to a points based system - it seems inevitable that speedway riders will get fewer points than say curry chefs.

In the event of a 'no deal' brexit the riders most at risk of losing out are journeymen Danes. I suspect those Aussies with patriality will be ok.

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Asking where someone is, is not bullying. Trying to isolate someone is.(which ganging up often leads to).  I just don't agree with what Gavan says and say so. But if he or anyone else thinks I have bullied him I will apologise, not my intention! :)

It’s either bullying or it isn’t. By isolating Gavan by asking him to post is no different to what you are accusing others are doing to Starman.

Gavan often says he doesn’t see it as bullying and that’s his prerogative.By the same example no one is ‘ganging’ up on anyone else either.

Some Poole fans have very thin skins when they are called out yet think it’s perfectly ok to attack and purposely goad others.

Taking your own advice if Starman thinks he is being bullied then let him say so. Of course he won’t because it’s not the case. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

My guess is that with so many other things to sort out nothing will change for a year or two. The Govt. wants to move to a points based system - it seems inevitable that speedway riders will get fewer points than say curry chefs.

In the event of a 'no deal' brexit the riders most at risk of losing out are journeymen Danes. I suspect those Aussies with patriality will be ok.

Okay, thanks for the reply :)

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think he was caught by surprise with the interview. He didn't know what to say. He said he bent his big toe sideways showing with his fingers if my memory serves me right.

Tell me how you can bend one toe sideways in a motorbike boot unless the boot got ripped to bits. I couldn't do it in mine.

I think it's a family thing :approve:

That's because in our little part of the world you know the webbing holds our toes together:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It’s either bullying or it isn’t. By isolating Gavan by asking him to post is no different to what you are accusing others are doing to Starman.

Gavan often says he doesn’t see it as bullying and that’s his prerogative.By the same example no one is ‘ganging’ up on anyone else either.

Some Poole fans have very thin skins when they are called out yet think it’s perfectly ok to attack and purposely goad others.

Taking your own advice if Starman thinks he is being bullied then let him say so. Of course he won’t because it’s not the case. 

You have explained this well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Tbh I did say 'ganging up on' at the time and they was a group of 5-7 doing that. Still fail to see how enquiring after someone is isolating them? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bloody pissing down and everyone is blocked in the carpark. Stuck here!:rolleyes:

I'll arrange an emergency food parcel for you 

• Like 1

Think Poole choked & cheated on the night except Josh, Nico & Klindt when he gated. Shovlar complaining about track. Just cause it’s got some dirt on it and not a slick gaters track like Poole. You have to learn to adapt to different track shapes and sizes in this country and sadly Pooles top two couldn’t. Maybe Poole were over confident after the way they finished thursdays meeting.

Some Poole fans saying we will get stuffed in final, who cares we are in it. Wouldn’t mind Josh G at Ipswich next season he already has the Kevlars to match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Trouble is Brady  knows it doesn't matter, they'll never drop him. Look at his scores last year when he was getting 4's at the no1 spot and never got replaced in H13. (When our reserves were a bit better! ;))

Their reserves 15 our's 3 they always say reserves are important and they are but tonight thier's were better than ours.Wells very poor rider no idea why Matt signed him been sacked from many teams.THJ again not consistent or maybe consistant in not being consistant,that dont sound english.Anyway we lost track looked poor but as has been said Poole ain't great.Must say i did expect to win as we have won last 2 meetings at ipswich but the standard of rider in the (TOP ?) league in England is all the same no big hitters ( Jason Doyle apart,only one who could cut it in the grand prix's ) so anyone can beat anyone on different days,the days of janowski.pedersen to name but 2 are long gone and will never return.Our so called top 2 didnt deliver something you could never say when we had ward/holder, to name but 2.Season over for me roll on next year money,promoter hopefully,BTsport hopefully and Poole have a good team and win the Title hopefully.PS do find it strange all the Poole haters on here if only all their clubs had someone like Matt/Neil running their team they would be very successful,yes he knows all the tricks but so did David Nixon/Tommy Cooper and they were winners as well.Enjoy yourselves and dont be to personal you never really know someone's situation,this forum is a bit of fun lets keep it that way.     

• Like 2

Well done the witches.  The effort and commitment was excellent.  Great stuff 

i honestly expected to get the wooden spoon when the team was announced.  I am so pleased I was so wrong. Apologies for doubting the riders 

regardless of what happens in the final you have done yourselves and the town proud   Congratulations 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Well done the witches.  The effort and commitment was excellent.  Great stuff 

i honestly expected to get the wooden spoon when the team was announced.  I am so pleased I was so wrong. Apologies for doubting the riders 

regardless of what happens in the final you have done yourselves and the town proud   Congratulations 

If you were supporting Ipswich it certainly felt like a final! Well done.

• Like 1

I said at the start of the season we would surprise a few teams with the way the team was built. Yes we have made changes but most teams have and one result of bringing NKI in was getting Jake back to reserve and we are reaping the benefits of that.

• Like 2