British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

2 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It does to me.  I want to know if he faked injury last night 

Season over for Torun 

• Thanks 1

Wow to be totally honest did nt expect that result. Thought ipswich had thrown it away on Thursday only for Poole to throw it back on Saturday lol. Always feel sorry for the team finishing top of the league and losing out in the playoffs even if it is Poole (tongue in cheek before anyone starts )

14 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It does to me.  I want to know if he faked injury last night 

You know darn well he did 

17 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Is jack holder due to ride in Poland or has his season finished over there ?

Not that I'm aware of. Holder rode for Torun who were relegated a month ago at least.  The only remaining Polish fixtures are the playoffs. Gorzow v Ostrovia & Poznan v Lodz.

It was entertaining if only for the way the match swung one way and then the other but as others have said the racing was awful, their was very little passing other than mistakes.

The track was tricky that much was obvious but the deciding factor was half the Poole team wasn’t interested in trying and in the end the Ipswich team wanted it more.

A lot of people were saying it’s a big crowd but it certainly didn’t appear to be very big from the tv shots around the stadium.

I've always been a great believer in fate.  Last night was very similar to last year, when regardless of how good or bad you may be , things happen that dictates the final outcome.    Fair due's to Ipswich  who stuck to the task and achieved a most unbelievable victory,  but to be honest, if you cant beat a 3 man team, at home  then you would have lost all creditability.

Cant help feeling a bit smug, remembering how last years when every fate imaginable went Poole's way and they were crowing about how majestically they rode to win the Premiership..

They say those who laughs last laughs the  longest  is sure true...…..

Well done those Witches   :cheers: :t: :rofl:

The Foxhole has a big old capacity though, it could be a decent crowd for a speedway meeting and still look half empty. 

Ricky Wells will probably just not be re-engaged by Poole. Jonasson was clearly just in no fit state to ride in the first place, was only a short term signing and so he can slip away, again.

But will Poole have the balls to sack their two main failures, or will it be all pals again and everything forgotten? Playoffs are a fact of speedway life and they usually take place on difficult tracks, either doctored or weather-related. If a team decides to include snowflakes in it's team, they're just increasing the probability they will fail as a team at this time of the season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tellboy said:

That's because in our little part of the world you know the webbing holds our toes together:D

If I was there I would of lent him one of my 6. I'm not greedy ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People have to realise we had a monsoon on Friday and the track was literally under water. They done a fantastic job getting the track in the shape it was. 

BCD, the crowd was huge last night! And the atmosphere was electric, best I can remember for many many years. 

Seen a comment on here that the atmosphere was poor, can’t quite believe that comment. Maybe it came across that way on TV I don’t know, but certainly wasn’t the case at the stadium. 

Air horns are banned at Foxhall BTW. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ray c said:

You know darn well he did 

How the hell do you bend your toe in a boot, Poole trying to cheat yet again, revenge is sweet.

I would have loved to see Speedway on the original track..... I.e. the stock car track.

Ipswich have a rich history in Speedway.. best of luck in the final....

42 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It was entertaining if only for the way the match swung one way and then the other but as others have said the racing was awful, their was very little passing other than mistakes.

The track was tricky that much was obvious but the deciding factor was half the Poole team wasn’t interested in trying and in the end the Ipswich team wanted it more.

A lot of people were saying it’s a big crowd but it certainly didn’t appear to be very big from the tv shots around the stadium.

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The Foxhole has a big old capacity though, it could be a decent crowd for a speedway meeting and still look half empty. 

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

People have to realise we had a monsoon on Friday and the track was literally under water. They done a fantastic job getting the track in the shape it was. 

BCD, the crowd was huge last night! And the atmosphere was electric, best I can remember for many many years. 

Seen a comment on here that the atmosphere was poor, can’t quite believe that comment. Maybe it came across that way on TV I don’t know, but certainly wasn’t the case at the stadium. 

Air horns are banned at Foxhall BTW. 

The back straight settings holds 3000+  - I'd estimate it was nearly half full

The crowd was standing at least 5-6 deep right round from the home straight to the back straight

Only bends 3 and 4 are never used

2500 -3000 range would be my guess although down from what was likely had the weather been fine

I know Chris was certainly very pleased with the turnout given the weather and tv 

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

John Earrey, a legend at the White City!

John Earrey, a legend in commentating....everywhere.