British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

So you are not allowed to celebrate a 10 point lead? If Ippo kept their 12 point lead, they wouldn't have clapped, high fived or cheered? Do me favour. Biggest load of crap I have ever heard! 

I never said they shouldn't celebrate. They did get out of jail after all. Just don't do it opposite the Ipswich pit. You discount the fact that this might motivate them to ride a bit harder in the return match?

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So you are not allowed to celebrate a 10 point lead? If Ippo kept their 12 point lead, they wouldn't have clapped, high fived or cheered? Do me a favour. Biggest load of crap I have ever heard! 

You are correct . Nicolai Klindt explained perfectly the reason for the celebrations. At 12 down they were rapidly heading out the play offs then to turn it round in a hour to end been 10 up and slap bang in the tie deserves celebrating. Any team in any sport would celebrate in the same way . To say they would not is just silly .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

I never said they shouldn't celebrate. They did get out of jail after all. Just don't do it opposite the Ipswich pit. You discount the fact that this might motivate them to ride a bit harder in the return match?

How did they do it oppo the Ipswich side? The away side of the pits is round the back side. The Poole side of the pits is just behind where Natalie was standing! 

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is of course utter rubbish. No way did Middlo or the Poole team, and certainly not the fans think it was “in the bag”. Hawkins is just plain lying and he knows it. 

Perhaps it was therefore clever psychology and team management to get that thought in their heads......

• Like 2

Just now, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

You are correct . Nicolai Klindt explained perfectly the reason for the celebrations. At 12 down they were rapidly heading out the play offs then to turn it round in a hour to end been 10 up and slap bang in the tie deserves celebrating. Any team in any sport would celebrate in the same way . To say they would not is just silly .

I would, with respect, reread my posting. I said the "get out of jail" performance was cause for celebration. But don't rub the other teams noses in it. Or perhaps you think Ipswich came into last night's meeting a beaten team.

4 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Exactly. If that winds Ippo riders up then they must get wound up all the time! They prob more annoyed they let a lead slip. 

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I would, with respect, reread my posting. I said the "get out of jail" performance was cause for celebration. But don't rub the other teams noses in it. Or perhaps you think Ipswich came into last night's meeting a beaten team.

No not at . But i dont think Poole celebrating at the end of the 1st leg played any factor in the outcome at all.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly. If that winds Ippo riders up then they must get wound up all the time! They prob more annoyed they let a lead slip. 

If the ippo riders were riding super aggressive and passing the poole riders i would say yes they were wound up . But in reality Kurtz, Holder, THJ and Wells were so poor last night the ipswich riders only had to ride passively to beat these 4 guys . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

No not at . But i dont think Poole celebrating at the end of the 1st leg played any factor in the outcome at all.

I think we'll agree to disagree.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If that winds Ippo riders up then they must get wound up all the time!

I think that is a correct observation. However this was not at the end of the meeting in a one leg competition, it was at half time. But you and the Poole team are of course free to reject my analysis and do the same at the half way stage of all future play offs. It makes for a better second leg anyway.

Just now, False dawn said:

I think that is a correct observation. However this was not at the end of the meeting in a one leg competition, it was at half time. But you and the Poole team are of course free to reject my analysis and do the same at the half way stage of all future play offs. It makes for a better second leg anyway.

Interesting you have a problem with it when Coventry did it half way through a meeting once!

Interesting you have a problem with it when Coventry did it half way through a meeting once!

If I'd witnessed Coventry doing it I'd have made exactly the same comments. As I said it's simple psychology.

3 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I would like to know how they rubbed Ippo's noses in it. They celebrated on track and on their way back to the Poole side of the pits nowhere near the Ipswich side! 

I would like to know how they rubbed Ippo's noses in it. They celebrated on track and on their way back to the Poole side of the pits nowhere near the Ipswich side! 

Well we'll have to assume that Richie Hawkings lied on camera as Steve said then won't we?

End of the day we all know (except Ipswich fans) the playoff final will be a poorer contest without Poole in it. Neutrals will have a couldn’t care less attitude about it. Wolves v Ipswich? Meh! Who wins who cares? Neutrals won’t give a flying toss. Swindon v Ipswich? Same. Other than the fans of these clubs no one else will really care.

We all know with Poole in the final passions are raised sky high. There are no neutrals. And that’s the truth whether you like it or not.:D

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1