British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

Just now, False dawn said:

If I'd witnessed Coventry doing it I'd have made exactly the same comments. As I said it's simple psychology.

2003 ko cup final. AJ and Janniro were jumping up and down celebrating cos they had a 12/14 point agg lead after about H7/8 ish of course Coventry didn't end up winning. 

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

Well we'll have to assume that Richie Hawkings lied on camera as Steve said then won't we?

I guess so as I have seen two different recordings and they didn't go near Ipswich. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of the day we all know (except Ipswich fans) the playoff final will be a poorer contest without Poole in it. Neutrals will have a couldn’t care less attitude about it. Wolves v Ipswich? Meh! Who wins who cares? Neutrals won’t give a flying toss. Swindon v Ipswich? Same. Other than the fans of these clubs no one else will really care.

We all know with Poole in the final passions are raised sky high. There are no neutrals. And that’s the truth whether you like it or not.:D

What a clown

Play off finals should always have Poole in lol

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of the day we all know (except Ipswich fans) the playoff final will be a poorer contest without Poole in it. Neutrals will have a couldn’t care less attitude about it. Wolves v Ipswich? Meh! Who wins who cares? Neutrals won’t give a flying toss. Swindon v Ipswich? Same. Other than the fans of these clubs no one else will really care.

We all know with Poole in the final passions are raised sky high. There are no neutrals. And that’s the truth whether you like it or not.:D

Oh Steve. You don't have to educate us in the idea that Poole think the sun shines out their xxes ;)

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

2003 ko cup final. AJ and Janniro were jumping up and down celebrating cos they had a 12/14 point agg lead after about H7/8 ish of course Coventry didn't end up winning. 

So it was poor psychology then and it was again Thursday?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Neutrals will have a couldn’t care less attitude about it. Wolves v Ipswich? Meh! Who wins who cares? Neutrals won’t give a flying toss. Swindon v Ipswich?

I think you're discounting the giant killing factor. Ipswich will probably lose to whichever team in the final. But then again, they were definitely going to lose on aggregate last night weren't they

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not if the same Poole team turn up as the one that didn't turn up on Saturday, Poole have had a great title winning run, so please have a little respect for all the neutrals who will be watching a final without Poole in it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You really are the village idiot, go and carry on sucking on your sour sweets. I gather you won’ t watch the final then, who cares if you do or don’t. Shame your riders didn’t raise their passions sky high last night. You can answer for a lot of neutral fans can you, a lot of neutrals will be glad you’re not in it.

The playoff final will be better without Poole because the better team won.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And then you woke up :lol:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But Poole are not the draw they once were. Swindon's crowds were always bigger when the Turbo twins were there, but no more. Kurtz and kiddie Holder don't have same attraction. They are an average side now compared to then.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Not if the same Poole team turn up as the one that didn't turn up on Saturday, Poole have had a great title winning run, so please have a little respect for all the neutrals who will be watching a final without Poole in it.  

How crap would the play off final have been if Poole had made it............a team of 3 riders and 4 individuals.......would have been steamrollered by Wolves or Swindon...............Wolves easily beat Poole home and away by 49-41 and 55-35...........Ipswich beat Wolves at Foxhall and drew away

A final of Wolves v Ipswich if that happens will obviously be a better spectacle then Wolves thumping Poole

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

How crap would the play off final have been if Poole had made it............a team of 3 riders and 4 individuals.......would have been steamrollered by Wolves or Swindon...............Wolves easily beat Poole home and away by 49-41 and 55-35...........Ipswich beat Wolves and Foxhall and drew away

A final of Wolves v Ipswich if that happens will obviously be a better spectacle then Wolves thumping Poole

I was hoping for Swindon v Poole..damn

Wow it's really sunk in today, :t:

Heat 14 bruv and I in Danny's pit, nervous and shaking until Richard m came and told us we were 6 up with one to go. Fantastic oh wow.

Just hope the final can be ridden 10th and 14th otherwise I'll miss it :(

Great Fishing from Shov  .normal suspects in the net

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I stand by my statement. Not talking about crowd sizes. Talking about personal opinions. If it was a Swindon v Poole final or Wolves v Poole final most neutrals would be rooting for Swindon or Wolves. Wolves or Swindon v Ipswich? Neutrals don’t care who wins do they? ;)

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Keep it up Steve - you may eventually convince a few you're right :rofl:

• Like 1