British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I might not be able to go myself depending on the date.

Unless there is some sort of incentive to attend I don't believe many 'fans' will bother to attend a totally meaningless fixture other than those that have either already paid (ie Sponsors and Season Ticket holders) or go every week no matter what (ie true/real fans). Obviously I would exclude any true fans that are unable to attend due to their circumstances.

500 at the most if full price

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of the day we all know (except Ipswich fans) the playoff final will be a poorer contest without Poole in it. Neutrals will have a couldn’t care less attitude about it. Wolves v Ipswich? Meh! Who wins who cares? Neutrals won’t give a flying toss. Swindon v Ipswich? Same. Other than the fans of these clubs no one else will really care.

We all know with Poole in the final passions are raised sky high. There are no neutrals. And that’s the truth whether you like it or not.:D

You do talk a load of crap sometimes no I'll rephrase that all the time

• Like 2

A little something for Starman. Be honourable and congratulate Ipswich on their deserved win.

70157479_1133699380161941_4100185293561266176_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

i felt Kings Lynn celebrating finishing top of the league with champagne etc last year was a little premature and maybe spurred on Poole, who knows.

fair play to KL for finishing top though, but celebrations should have been done in private

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Its not the fodder you have to worry about, its that motorcross track.

irony of the highest calibre

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BobC said:

A little something for Starman. Be honourable and congratulate Ipswich on their deserved win.

70157479_1133699380161941_4100185293561266176_n.jpg

Starman, hope you are a optimist!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You should congratulate them Starman. They won fair and square. No arguments there. It was our performance or non performance that cost.

We cant win it with a 3 man team. The turnaround of 22 points on Thurs made the difference. They took the bull by the horns on Thursday, they adapted and attacked the track, we didnt. Made all the difference

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

But really they are easy finalists. But for that rain at Poole we would have been there regardless of how poor we were last night.

At the end of the day steve certain riders in our team cant adapt to grippier or rough tracks and question marks have to be aimed at there team places for next season,as you said earlier the top 2 didnt wanna know and with play offs your going to prepare your track 2 suit your team or not suite the away team,its about time we had riders who wanna ride for the team not going through the motions at certain tracks because the track has got grip on it i say just not sign any aussies full stop!!!

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The track was massively widened in 2010 and both bends have been adjusted since. So it’s a tad unfair as they have tried. We are a bit limited as we don’t own the stadium and further banking cannot be added due to the stock car track. 

When it’s stock cars and the fence is removed the cars cannot have a big kerb as the use the speedway track as a run off area

Lakeside had banking and a 'big kerb' - stock cars could still use the straights as a run off area. It can be done but obviously needs the consent of the other party.

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

We cant win it with a 3 man team. The turnaround of 22 points on Thurs made the difference. They took the bull by the horns on Thursday, they adapted and attacked the track, we didnt. Made all the difference

I've just liked a Starman post!!! That is the most sensible and reasonable thing you have ever said on here.

You should congratulate them Starman. They won fair and square. No arguments there. It was our performance or non performance that cost.

One thing I will say about you that you support your club home & away, respect for that. What pisses me off, that idiot Starman that his knowledge off speedway, if I'm being polite, is limited! Yes ok was not the best of racing last night, but the track was smooth. For that idiot star bollocks saying like a MX track is above me!! 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

At the end of the day steve certain riders in our team cant adapt to grippier or rough tracks and question marks have to be aimed at there team places for next season,as you said earlier the top 2 didnt wanna know and with play offs your going to prepare your track 2 suit your team or not suite the away team,its about time we had riders who wanna ride for the team not going through the motions at certain tracks because the track has got grip on it i say just not sign any aussies full stop!!!

You cant fault Josh's attitude and commitment.  Again without Thurs rain we would have cruised into the final.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sommelier said:

One thing I will say about you that you support your club home & away, respect for that. What pisses me off, that idiot Starman that his knowledge off speedway, if I'm being polite, is limited! Yes ok was not the best of racing last night, but the track was smooth. For that idiot star bollocks saying like a MX track is above me!! 

Youve turned into a right idiot. Try going to specsavers, that track last night was appaulling. And once it rains it becomse very slippery, its clay based ,  But i wouldnt expect you to know that...

Edited by Starman2006

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Be honorable and congratulate ipswich they deserved it

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I've just liked a Starman post!!! That is the most sensible and reasonable thing you have ever said on here.

Thank you.