British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

1 minute ago, ray c said:

Be honorable and congratulate ipswich they deserved it

I have by saying we was a 3 man team. What more do they want   :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Youve turned into a right idiot. Try going to specsavers, that track last night was appaulling.

There are some genuine, knowledgeable, posters from Poole, but you are well words fail me!

As a lifelong Poole fan I would like to congratulate Ipswich on there stunning victory, no moans no groans & no hard luck stories just well done 

Edited by willstaxi
mistake
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Youve turned into a right idiot. Try going to specsavers, that track last night was appaulling. And once it rains it becomse very slippery, its clay based ,  But i wouldnt expect you to know that...

Nothing wrong with the track last night. Have you been watching Poole home meetings with your eyes closed this season. Now that's a shocking track. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

Be honorable and congratulate ipswich they deserved it

I actually think he was being very sensible when he mentioned Thursdays track conditions and the difference in riders attitudes. 

21 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Youve turned into a right idiot. Try going to specsavers, that track last night was appaulling. And once it rains it becomse very slippery, its clay based ,  But i wouldnt expect you to know that...

You are a ignorant buffoon. There was nothing appalling about the track - you just needed to attack it in the right manner (as 3 of your team did)

EVERY track becomes slippery when it rains whether its clay based like Foxhall, the pot holed blue groove at Wimborne Road or anywhere inbetween

• Like 3

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

Oh Steve. You don't have to educate us in the idea that Poole think the sun shines out their xxes ;)

So it was poor psychology then and it was again Thursday?

You can think that. I don't agree, I think they were just celebrating having a lead to take to Foxhall and certainly didn't think all they had to do was turn up, and definitely did not rub anyone else's noses in it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I stand by my statement. Not talking about crowd sizes. Talking about personal opinions. If it was a Swindon v Poole final or Wolves v Poole final most neutrals would be rooting for Swindon or Wolves. Wolves or Swindon v Ipswich? Neutrals don’t care who wins do they? ;)

Yeah, I don't mind who wins. But I would slightly prefer Wolves as they have more riders I like to watch like Masters, Morris, Becker and Douglas. 

• Like 1

It's always difficult to estimate the size of the crowd at Foxhall because the capacity is in excess of 10000. Having said that, I thought the crowd was about average for the season and definitely below the first Kings Lynn meeting but tv coverage is always going to reduce the attendance.

If you look over the two legs, it effectively proves that the Pirates 'better riders' can only actually ride a slick dryish track. They couldn't handle the conditions in the first half of the home meeting and it was obvious that Kurtz and Holder didn't fancy it from the start last night. They only performed when the track started to dry in the second half of the home meeting and after the suspiciously long track grading opportunity provided by the air fence fiasco. Holder has a history of spitting the dummy at Foxhall when presented with anything other than a slick gaters paradise.

If you have a team of riders who prefer a more challenging track then what is wrong with producing one that suits them? Why is that any different to Poole preparing a slick track to suit their boys strengths? As others have said, Louis has spent a lot of time, effort and money over the past few years trying to create a better racing track at Foxhall. 

I hope it rains heavily the week of 7th October as I am in Paris all week and would really appreciate events being delayed by a week.

The best team over two legs in the conditions won. 

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

why? I only said there is one more home meeting left for true fans, Season-ticket holders and Sponsors!  Who have I forgotten other than the volunteers?

Sounds like a dig to people who can't go all the time. 

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

All I know from these two semis is that Ipswich were better than Poole and have progressed to the final

And Holder & Kurtz can't be arsed if the tracks not to their liking, shovlar   can moan all he likes about the weather, but was the same for both teams, only one was found wanting.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Of course they’re excuses! The only “reason” Poole didn’t make the final, is because over the two legs they were beaten by the better side. 

It’s pretty simple. 

No excuses reasons, our top two riders didn't perform or show any fight whatsoever. 

I know it’s starman so we have to make allowances but the irony of a Poole fan accusing any other club of having a moto x track :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You can think that. I don't agree, I think they were just celebrating having a lead to take to Foxhall and certainly didn't think all they had to do was turn up, and definitely did not rub anyone else's noses in it. 

I think you are missing the point that is being made.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any team choosing to celebrate however they want to. Psychology is an important element of sport and you have to accept that if you choose to celebrate at half time then the opposition manager will use it as a motivational technique. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I watched the two meeting's in one go after the European Championship's and it went the way i thought.Harris at Poole was box office a real racer who is a pleasure to watch Sarjeant again in two meeting's put in a shift but for me Heeps has been the rider of the season.Last year for Wolves i felt he was finished at Premiership level but he has worked hard and got his career back on track.I suspect you are secretely having a quiet smile and fair play to Ipswich on there success for me the signing of f Wells tells you everything about Poole some dreadful signing's over the last three years.

Yes totally agree Wells was a poor signing and NBJ should of been retained.