British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

What  is the matter with the Poole fans on here. They had a magnificent comeback on Thursday. They have won the league with the most points. Beaten Ipswich 5 out of 6 times this season yet still they moan They want to get rid of half the team for next season. How many supporters of any team in any sport that has won the league would want to get rid of half their team for the next season. They should be congratulating their riders , manager and owners  for having such a good season

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Hope so.

mind the lump in your throat :rofl: poor pie-rats #nosympathy

I like shovlar purely down to irony and devilment.

Starman stinks the place clean out everytime he appears .

Both sides contributed in their own way and whatever anyone thinks it was nip and tuck whether by design or otherwise and i will admit that I thought the witches had let themselves, the supporters and the town down on Thursday and based on the hype and Poole’s ability to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat most including me expected Poole to take it on aggregate. Ipswich take a bow for what was achieved last night and hearty commiserations to Poole who fought throughout the season and deservedly finished top of the league. All teams know the score and whilst Ipswich may be the first to knock out the team at the head of the leader board and it may be a bitter pill for Poole to swallow, it is what it is and hopefully both teams will come to the tapes in 2020 and live to fight another day. Many a supporter who have lost their teams despite the success can but envy what both the pirates and the witches have achieved. Good luck to Ipswich in the final and we look forward to welcoming Poole to Foxhall next year.

• Like 5

A great post to read  HAWK 127 and well balanced. Many of us have indeed lost our stadiums. Long live British speedway however long it may last.

Well we can't call it Holdergate can we? We've already had one of those. How about Toegate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Well we can't call it Holdergate can we? We've already had one of those. How about ToeRAGgate?

Just a bit of an edit:wink:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Well we can't call it Holdergate can we? We've already had one of those. How about Toegate?

Ah, you've hit the toenail on the head!

9 minutes ago, chunky said:

Ah, you've hit the toenail on the head!

Sounds painful, have a week off

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

i felt Kings Lynn celebrating finishing top of the league with champagne etc last year was a little premature and maybe spurred on Poole, who knows.

fair play to KL for finishing top though, but celebrations should have been done in private

I actually believe that there should be a league winners shield like in Rugby League, everyone will know that the Play Offs decide the champions but a bit of recognition for being the best team over the league programme would be appropriate IMO. Along with a bit of celebrating.

Maybe it did spur Poole on a bit but I believe Lynn would have won the final comfortably if it wasn’t for those two injuries. Their name was definitely on it last year. 

• Like 6

At the beginning of the season I stated that we were 'promoted' into a Micky Mouse League we shouldn't touch with a barge pole, were bought out by a clueless idiot who's one of the worst things to happen to British speedway and had a side that would be cannon fodder for the rest. I still stand by the first two but so happy to be proved 100% wrong about the last one. Last night was the best I've known the atmosphere to be at Ipswich in ages, a few decent races thrown in as well and all seven of the Witches had at least one stand out moment during the meeting. A real team effort, wouldn't like to single any one rider out but special mention to James Sarjeant for his bravery in heat 14 and the important pass in heat two.

So, onto the final where we will race for a tinpot trophy that's not worth a hill of beans. Am I looking forward to it? Oh yes!! Bring it on!

• Haha 1

I am surprised that Poole fans want to throw Jack and Brady under the bus, they were poor last night but averages don't lie, they have had decent seasons, Klindt has been a form rider this season but both averaged more than Nic.

We would happily have Jack and Brady at Lakeside except we haven't got a track, actually we don't have a club either, and going by the silence, probably never will again.

52 minutes ago, Badge said:

Sounds painful, have a week off

You mean, give it time to heel? But who will foot the bill?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a Peterborough lad I hate to say this but I was cheering for Ippo bitches.. probably down to Pooles win at all costs mentality (some call it cheating) year after year. I mean Holders interview was more embarrassing than that sad rainy debacle a few yrs back at Kirkmansume lane when Hancock boarded the cheating Pirate ship.

• Sad 1

Are we assuming that because of the wolves rain off then the final might be week beginning 14tb October?