British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Poole are a poor side end of, living off past glories you mocked me months ago when i said you were the weakest out of the four team's left.Ipswich regrouped stopped there poor run of results and brought in Iversen/  Sarjeant Poole kept with Wells and brought Johnnsson in tells you everything.It would be best if Ford moves along but what has he got to sell???? the promotional rights and an old tractor can't see anybody else taking over anytime soon.

Shocking management and promotion issues at Poole this year.

Covatti is a trump card at reserve and with R/R for Worrall, Poole went on a run of form and moved to the top of the league

No shock to me that when they signed THJ they lost the effect of R/R and Covatti could only have 4 rides from a harder riding position..........sure fire way to mess up

14 minutes ago, ray c said:

Swindon had the right idea by picking us if they finished top financialy

I thought that was a no brainer Ray for us Swindon ( ie) because i felt Poole were the weakest team left  i think Poole underestimated Ipswich and presumed they could pick up two nice pay days.

Edited by Sidney the robin

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Poole are a poor side end of, living off past glories you mocked me months ago when i said you were the weakest out of the four team's left.Ipswich regrouped stopped there poor run of results and brought in Iversen/  Sarjeant Poole kept with Wells and brought Johansson in tells you everything.It would be best if Ford moves along but what has he got to sell???? the promotional rights and an old tractor can't see anybody else taking over anytime soon.

Poor side??? Ummmm, we finished top, did we not? So how are we poor? We just had some bad form at the wrong time. But table shows we are the best over the season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Poor side??? Ummmm, we finished top, did we not? So how are we poor? We just had some bad form at the wrong time. But table shows we are the best over the season. 

So a team of bottlers then?? 

16 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

So a team of bottlers then?? 

Not the whole team were, no. A few. THJ has injured so he can be excused. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

You may have finished top but you were not the best team at the end of the season.  If Swindon had hit form as early as Poole, we would have finished ahead of Poole easily. Look at the match points of both teams, Swindon had a much higher points scored with less points scored against them.

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole are not for sale. The club has been taken off the market.

Past their sale by date! LOL :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe poor is harsh but i was pretty confident this Poole side would not win it out of the four teams left.Even with Covatti at reserve and R/R for Worrall for me you would of still come up short the main reason is that i believe Kurtz / Holder would do better at a different home track.

6 minutes ago, robins les said:

You may have finished top but you were not the best team at the end of the season.  If Swindon had hit form as early as Poole, we would have finished ahead of Poole easily. Look at the match points of both teams, Swindon had a much higher points scored with less points scored against them.

Yet finished lower - so not all about match points clearly.  But I hope Swindon win the final.

Edited by Skidder1

9 minutes ago, robins les said:

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yet finished lower - so not all about match points clearly.  But I hope Swindon win the final.

Match points are what define the league table (3 for a win etc), race points define the margin of victory (50-40, 60-30 etc).

Like a lot of forum  members on here (before a certain poster accuses me of ''bullying'') now Poole have gone I don't mind who wins although as the underdogs I would love it to be Ipswich.

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Cant think of many people wanting to buy it to  be honest and buy what?  also the track should be dug up and relaid which is not going to be a cheap exercise.Poole for me since Darcy went on loan have made loads of mistakes team wise and you have to question that side of thing's.

Yes real bad calls. Like winning the league again last season.:)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If you read my post fully, I said at the end of the season. In today's speedway, It's not the team that finishes top that counts, it's often the team that are in form in Sept/Oct. That's when Swindon really started to motor.