British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

3 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

Thought you said you were struggling to get out of the car park after leaving prior to heat 15 ?

You can tell when Shovvy is telling porkies......

His lips move

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The final has been confirmed as Thursday 10th at Ipswich and Monday 14th at Swindon/Wolverhampton.

Edited by StoneTheCrows
spelling!

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The crowd was very quiet, even at the end it was no more than a few cheers and ripples of applause. I stood there on the first bend and witnessed it live. I said earlier how different clubs fans react. At Poole the roof would have come off the stadium. At Foxhall, just above polite clapping and gentle cheering.

I'm sure I saw your post moaning about being stuck in the car park trying to get out about the same time as the Witches came round on their victory parade.

Can I ask what make of car you have as it must have very good sound proofing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The crowd was very quiet, even at the end it was no more than a few cheers and ripples of applause. I stood there on the first bend and witnessed it live. I said earlier how different clubs fans react. At Poole the roof would have come off the stadium. At Foxhall, just above polite clapping and gentle cheering.

I don't think so, you needed to adjust your hearing aid m8 lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trees said:

I don't think so, you needed to adjust your hearing aid m8 lol

Might have seemed loud to you but coming from the graveyard of Saddlebow Road, a local bowls tournament would be ear defeaning.

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Might have seemed loud to you but coming from the graveyard of Saddlebow Road, a local bowls tournament would be ear defeaning.

It was loud enough where I was standing, helped by me cheering on the Witches as loud as I possibly could, such a pleasure to see your boys beaten fair and square :D RESULT woooooo :D:D

• Haha 1

Just like last year we we smashed you out of sight in the final.:D

I did notice you kept contacting Mike western on the centre green.  As your own team are incapable of winning anything I guess you have to go down the road and support your main rivals to get any feeling of satisfaction.:party:

3 hours ago, semion said:

You can tell when Shovvy is telling porkies......

His lips move

And his pudgy fingers. :)

9 hours ago, robins les said:

Sorry, you're wrong Brum. They were the 2nd team to win there, the Robins did it before them & in some style, a 4point win 39 - 51.

Apologies, couldn’t remember which way round it was. Either way my point remains, Poole were in form going into the play offs.

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

Funny - I stood on the first bend and would describe the crowd as energetically and enthusiastically loud. (as they were ag Poole in the latter part of  the first leg clash.)

Certainly plenty of noises heard on the TV, sounded very lively. As it should be!

The Play Offs never fail to excite.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I did notice you kept contacting Mike western on the centre green.  As your own team are incapable of winning anything I guess you have to go down the road and support your main rivals to get any feeling of satisfaction.:party:

Kevin Long is the presenter on the centre green, Mike Western is the announcer in the box next to the ref.

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Must have been at a different match ...it went mental by the start line ;)

Sour grapes yet again me thinks :cheers:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No I didn't, it was Kevin Long :D Yes, there was only one reason I was there, to see you beat :D:D:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Blew us away big time eh  92-88,   Bit like Ippo did to you in the semi then with 94-86  :lol:

• Like 1

OK I'll admit too that it's not like the old days when there was real needle between the Stars and Witches, I mean who can dislike Danny King, Bomber Harris, NKI, James Sargeant, Heeps, it's not like Lanham, Davey, Jolly, Flatman, Louis Snr etc lol  I was telling someone I can remember a meeting (in the 80s I think) when the first heat had to be restarted about 5 times as nobody would give an inch on the first bend lol

Edited by Trees