British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

Oh the fun of it

Just watched this meeting back this morning after avoiding the result when out last night

What a fantastic achievement for the league outsiders to beat the title favourites

So on Thursday we had all the Poole fans hammering on about what an amazing team manager he was to motivate his team to win the meeting.................where was Middlo last night???.....he had Kurtz woeful , the reserves woeful and Holder basically sticking 2 fingers up at him........a good team manager would have motivated those boys, made Holder ride .....and pulled the meeting out the bag

Hawkins has been poor in some decisions this season but to see his team throw away a lead to then be able to motivate them into doing that last night....well perhaps he can show Muddlo how to do it.

Poole have twice won at Foxhall this season , once with a weakened team............how can a team manager see his team go missing in a final......i think Middlo thought job was done

Klindt , Josh and Covatti aside that was a shocking inept attitude from the Poole riders......look at Sarjeant riding his socks off last night , Wells and Kurtz should be ashamed.

I have many times said Kurtz goes missing when the pressure is on...........seems i was right again

Oh and who said Heeps has been awful since moving out of reserve.......7+3 from 4 rides.........lol great performance again.

How did Poole mess this season up? Questions need to be asked

A team hot favourites at the start and all the way up until the end of July.......finish top of the league and blow it............first team in history to finish top and not make the final.........

I see Shovlar is saying Poole are the better team..........crap..........you simply were beaten over 2 legs by a BETTER side......blaming anything and everything.......why dont you go off to Rome again.......

Kurtz and Holder need to get away from Poole, neither like the track and their careers have gone backwards..............

Poole tried to cheat and failed ..............woop woop

Ive even seen a Poole fan say that Ipswich bringing in Iversen is wrong............totally fine when Poole did it with Hancock though............

For all you decent Poole fans on here...........im sure your team will be up there again next season

But my last words are saved for the disappearing Starman....................CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gavan
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, BobC said:

I sincerely hope Jack Holder was watching the rugby just now. Ok,Australia lost to Wales,but boy oh boy didnt they put up a fight.

Thats how you do it Jack, fight with all your might till the end. Give everything.

Unlike you last night.

I can see Holder being a big rugby fan; after all its a game where the players spend eighty minutes pretending not to be hurt!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

You can certainly break a toe inside a boot if it isn't a completely snug fit. All it needs is a hard enough impact to hammer the toe against the inside of the boot. That said, I didn't believe Holder either. 

Maybe the boots he was wearing were too big and, he couldn't fill them ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Hawkins has been poor in some decisions this season but to see his team throw away a lead to then be able to motivate them into doing that last night

I have no opinion about Richie Hawkins and his managerial ability. But he, himself, said that the one thing that really got the Ipswich "up for it" last night was the way the Poole riders were celebrating at the end of first leg. I know they had a right to feel that coming back from a 12 point deficit to win by 10 points was cause for celebration. But simple psychology tells you not to rub the opposition's nose in it, especially at half time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe the boots he was wearing were too big and, he couldn't fill them ?

Maybe they were a 7 year old pair of his brother's.

Maybe that had something to do with the attitude of some Poole riders last night, thought they only had to turn up to get through.

Congrats to Ipswich, good luck in the final.

With THJ carrying an injury I was surprised he was riding last night tbh, never likely to score much so expected Poole to use it as an opportunity for a guest.

Poole had won twice at Ipswich this season, obviously too complacent.

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bloody pissing down and everyone is blocked in the carpark. Stuck here!:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, DSC67 said:

I'll arrange an emergency food parcel for you 

It would appear that you sent some humble pie

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Maybe they were a 7 year old pair of his brother's.

Yeah possibly, should've tried two pairs of socks or some toilet roll in the front.

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Oh the fun of it

Just watched this meeting back this morning after avoiding the result when out last night

What a fantastic achievement for the league outsiders to beat the title favourites

So on Thursday we had all the Poole fans hammering on about what an amazing team manager he was to motivate his team to win the meeting.................where was Middlo last night???.....he had Kurtz woeful , the reserves woeful and Holder basically sticking 2 fingers up at him........a good team manager would have motivated those boys, made Holder ride .....and pulled the meeting out the bag

Hawkins has been poor in some decisions this season but to see his team throw away a lead to then be able to motivate them into doing that last night....well perhaps he can show Muddlo how to do it.

Poole have twice won at Foxhall this season , once with a weakened team............how can a team manager see his team go missing in a final......i think Middlo thought job was done

Klindt , Josh and Covatti aside that was a shocking inept attitude from the Poole riders......look at Sarjeant riding his socks off last night , Wells and Kurtz should be ashamed.

I have many times said Kurtz goes missing when the pressure is on...........seems i was right again

Oh and who said Heeps has been awful since moving out of reserve.......7+3 from 4 rides.........lol great performance again.

How did Poole mess this season up? Questions need to be asked

A team hot favourites at the start and all the way up until the end of July.......finish top of the league and blow it............first team in history to finish top and not make the final.........

I see Shovlar is saying Poole are the better team..........crap..........you simply were beaten over 2 legs by a BETTER side......blaming anything and everything.......why dont you go off to Rome again.......

Kurtz and Holder need to get away from Poole, neither like the track and their careers have gone backwards..............

Poole tried to cheat and failed ..............woop woop

Ive even seen a Poole fan say that Ipswich bringing in Iversen is wrong............totally fine when Poole did it with Hancock though............

For all you decent Poole fans on here...........im sure your team will be up there again next season

But my last words are saved for the disappearing Starman....................CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the two meeting's in one go after the European Championship's and it went the way i thought.Harris at Poole was box office a real racer who is a pleasure to watch Sarjeant again in two meeting's put in a shift but for me Heeps has been the rider of the season.Last year for Wolves i felt he was finished at Premiership level but he has worked hard and got his career back on track.I suspect you are secretely having a quiet smile and fair play to Ipswich on there success for me the signing of f Wells tells you everything about Poole some dreadful signing's over the last three years.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I have no opinion about Richie Hawkins and his managerial ability. But he, himself, said that the one thing that really got the Ipswich "up for it" last night was the way the Poole riders were celebrating at the end of first leg. I know they had a right to feel that coming back from a 12 point deficit to win by 10 points was cause for celebration. But simple psychology tells you not to rub the opposition's nose in it, especially at half time.

This is of course utter rubbish. No way did Middlo or the Poole team, and certainly not the fans think it was “in the bag”. Hawkins is just plain lying and he knows it. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is of course utter rubbish. No way did Middlo or the Poole team, and certainly not the fans think it was “in the bag”. Hawkins is just plain lying and he knows it. 

So the riders didn't celebrate? And the non existent celebrations didn't wind up the Ipswich team?

P.S. I never said that Poole thought they had it "in the bag". I said they celebrated because they had got out of jail. I suggested that such celebrations might just get the Ipswich riders to think something like, "Well we'll see how you like it on Saturday". 

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, False dawn said:

So the riders didn't celebrate? And the non existent celebrations didn't wind up the Ipswich team?

So you are not allowed to celebrate a 10 point lead? If Ippo kept their 12 point lead, they wouldn't have clapped, high fived or cheered? Do me a favour. Biggest load of crap I have ever heard! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2