British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

1 hour ago, CountyGround said:

Fact is the result is good for G.B. speedway, success needs to be spread around. All teams should start the season pretty equal - therefore leading to potential equal success @ the end. Poole's domination of the league during Matt Fords reign has been great for Poole but bad for G.B. speedway in general.........

Agree 100% Saturday was a win - win situation & good to see so many Poole fans humble in defeat?

3 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I was hoping for Swindon v Poole..damn

And you would have done us in both legs. I was never under the illusion we would win it this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I stand by my statement. Not talking about crowd sizes. Talking about personal opinions. If it was a Swindon v Poole final or Wolves v Poole final most neutrals would be rooting for Swindon or Wolves. Wolves or Swindon v Ipswich? Neutrals don’t care who wins do they? ;)

Perhaps we should have a third place play off? :P

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I stand by my statement. Not talking about crowd sizes. Talking about personal opinions. If it was a Swindon v Poole final or Wolves v Poole final most neutrals would be rooting for Swindon or Wolves. Wolves or Swindon v Ipswich? Neutrals don’t care who wins do they? ;)

I think you need to go on holiday and have a lie down.

4 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Perhaps we should have a third place play off? :P

Think we got worse than that Poole v Kings Lynn 2nd leg of Shield to come.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Sad 1

Just now, Bash said:

Who is bash. Another Debbs/KKs?

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No a proper fan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

Two weeks time. Flying holiday in Italian Alps. :party:

Try again Steve we have met at Poole when I went to see my mate Scott Leicester who now lives in Nottingham. This is my only user name. 

At the end of the day Poole were perfectly entitled to celebrate their comeback in the first leg but equally if Ipswich were wound up by it then they are entitled to use it as their motivation. A pretty regular occurrence in professional sport I’d say. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bash said:

Steve Shovlar is a troll who gets his kicks in life by posting garbage on a speedway forum......sad pathetic man

And who called him the village idiot......thats Starman....who has disappeared lol

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

5 minutes ago, Bash said:

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Two weeks time. Flying holiday in Italian Alps. :party:

Don't lie down if you're the pilot? B)

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Exactly. If that winds Ippo riders up then they must get wound up all the time! They prob more annoyed they let a lead slip. 

My my, Peterborough must have been so wound up by the end of the season that I'm surprised they didn't finish with a 75-15 win

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shut up............

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of the day we all know (except Ipswich fans) the playoff final will be a poorer contest without Poole in it. Neutrals will have a couldn’t care less attitude about it. Wolves v Ipswich? Meh! Who wins who cares? Neutrals won’t give a flying toss. Swindon v Ipswich? Same. Other than the fans of these clubs no one else will really care.

We all know with Poole in the final passions are raised sky high. There are no neutrals. And that’s the truth whether you like it or not.:D

To save British Speedway, we should seed Poole to the final at the start of the year and have 2nd v 3rd for the right to ride them for the title. :t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1