British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

Just now, Steve0 said:

Shoulda woulda coulda.  Remember Rosco was looking to pick Poole for the semis - he obviously knew something :rofl:

They got lucky with the rain. We all know that. Do you believe they would have had a 12 point lead if it hadn’t rained? 

History now though and that’s the way it goes.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They got lucky with the rain. We all know that. Do you believe they would have had a 12 point lead if it hadn’t rained? 

History now though and that’s the way it goes.

All I know from these two semis is that Ipswich were better than Poole and have progressed to the final

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

What a clown

Play off finals should always have Poole in lol

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

I did tell you the semi should have been Swindon v Poole. Now just a case of both those teams missing 2 huge attendances and pay days!! Never mind eh?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I did tell you the semi should have been Swindon v Poole. Now just a case of both those teams missing 2 huge attendances and pay days!! Never mind eh?!

So aren't Ipswich and wolves entitled to bumper crowds then?? 

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No more HUGE crowds unfortunately..2000 is a good crowd now

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

So aren't Ipswich and wolves entitled to bumper crowds then?? 

Of course they are, but  2 'local derbies' always get more fans from both clubs home and away.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I stand by my statement. Not talking about crowd sizes. Talking about personal opinions. If it was a Swindon v Poole final or Wolves v Poole final most neutrals would be rooting for Swindon or Wolves. Wolves or Swindon v Ipswich? Neutrals don’t care who wins do they? ;)

You will need to start campaigning for Brexit soon Steve. - you need an increased fishing quota :)

14 hours ago, fliss44 said:

You have explained this well.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh I did say 'ganging up on' at the time and they was a group of 5-7 doing that. Still fail to see how enquiring after someone is isolating them? 

I’ve tried to explain it the best way I can so I guess there is no hope. To ‘goad’ someone to reply by a group of posters is exactly the same .

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

It does to me.  I want to know if he faked injury last night 

A rider that ‘can’t put weight on it’ then is seen walking on it in the pits is faking it, without question.

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I would like to think any sports person in a professional sport would not cheat. 

The next question is did he throw a hissy fit or was he under team orders. Whichever one it is it’s a absolute disgrace.  

Middlo I’ll bet was happy with his sulky and poor attitude because he knew IRR would help their cause.

Holder was never going to ride his last 2 rides because of his attitude so Middlo was happy to accept that. Either way the actions were completely wrong.

3 hours ago, BobC said:

Id like to know how you can hurt a toe,which is encased in boot which is also protected by a steel shoe. 

I said I was embarrassed at the time. Still am this morning.

Karma came back and bit us on the backside. Justice.

Ive said it before and happy to say it again, well done Ipswich. Fully deserved.

Very well said. 

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Of course they’re excuses! The only “reason” Poole didn’t make the final, is because over the two legs they were beaten by the better side. 

It’s pretty simple. 

Simply put, yes.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of the day we all know (except Ipswich fans) the playoff final will be a poorer contest without Poole in it. Neutrals will have a couldn’t care less attitude about it. Wolves v Ipswich? Meh! Who wins who cares? Neutrals won’t give a flying toss. Swindon v Ipswich? Same. Other than the fans of these clubs no one else will really care.

We all know with Poole in the final passions are raised sky high. There are no neutrals. And that’s the truth whether you like it or not.:D

Classic Shov troll.:t:

30 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Funny how youve piped up. Didnt here from you for 6 months last October, funny that. Call yourself a fan.  Glory hunter. Glad all our riders got away from that motorcross track of yours reliatively unscathed. Shameful. Anyway whoever you meet in the final you will get hammered. unless your man builds ramps on your track along with the crators.. :nono: I wont  congratulate you as it wasnt an even fight.

Disgraceful in defeat. Shocking and poor sportsmanship.

Ipswich deserved the win, simple as.

• Like 3

This semi final defeat must be very humbling for Poole Management and Fans ( not sure riders give a stuff, well for sure some don’t. 

This has got to be the biggest choking in the history of the top League play-offs. Poole always attract the headlines.

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It comes across that you are suggesting anyone who doesn’t go isn’t a real / true fan. 

I might not be able to go myself depending on the date.

Unless there is some sort of incentive to attend I don't believe many 'fans' will bother to attend a totally meaningless fixture other than those that have either already paid (ie Sponsors and Season Ticket holders) or go every week no matter what (ie true/real fans). Obviously I would exclude any true fans that are unable to attend due to their circumstances.

2 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Any news on Holder's toe?

Nailed it apparently!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Any news on Holder's toe?

Think he has gone for a run today #prayforjackstoe#

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The track was massively widened in 2010 and both bends have been adjusted since. So it’s a tad unfair as they have tried. We are a bit limited as we don’t own the stadium and further banking cannot be added due to the stock car track. 

When it’s stock cars and the fence is removed the cars cannot have a big kerb as the use the speedway track as a run off area

A couple of older fans were saying how they can remember speedway at Ipswich in the 50s on the stock car track!  

Pity that the speedway track couldn't be adjusted some more, the stocks use the speedway track anyhow as you say, got the perfect sponsor in Truplant to do the work at the moment!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I might not be able to go myself depending on the date.

Unless there is some sort of incentive to attend I don't believe many 'fans' will bother to attend a totally meaningless fixture other than those that have either already paid (ie Sponsors and Season Ticket holders) or go every week no matter what (ie true/real fans). Obviously I would exclude any true fans that are unable to attend due to their circumstances.

Poole will probably just not run the meeting, pay the fine as it will probably be less than what they would lose running this fixture

• Like 1