British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

5 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

You got a spare £150K for a season. Reckon thats how much he would cost and ohhh remember the 50k fee Wroclaw want if he rides in the Uk for cover if he gets injured. Ohh and Ford probs going to charge you at least £10K for the loan. So probs about £210k all together for Magic and most of all he doesn't want to ride in the UK. 

I was only kidding :(

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Absolutely ridiculous that Poole should get money even if magic decided to come to the UK 

That’s how assets work. Poole have got Loan fees for Kurtz, Josh, Holder, Perks, Batch. Already. 

I wonder what annual payments Poole make to these riders year on year, the assets system is complete and utter bo-locks and should be scrapped.

Even more a mockery when a riders only makes a handful of appearances then becomes an asset then 25 years later that club gets a loan fee

• Like 5

10 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Its amazing how a rider thinks hes worth more to a club even though his average has dropped and it wasnt because of any manipulation. 

Riders are worth whatever some fool is prepared to pay. I think a lot of riders think they’re worth more than they are but then again if someone pays it they are worth it to someone. If Peterborough hire Tungate again it tells you a lot about where they are after he couldn’t be bothered to turn up to 3 meetings last year and the management know it. 

• Like 1

Totally understand the need for budgets etc,but another poor Panthers team this season will severely test the support of the support that remains. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, poolebolton said:

That’s how assets work. Poole have got Loan fees for Kurtz, Josh, Holder, Perks, Batch. Already. 

We’re all trying to do our bit to keep the rag tag Pirate ship afloat!  :)

2 hours ago, wtf said:

Riders are worth whatever some fool is prepared to pay. I think a lot of riders think they’re worth more than they are but then again if someone pays it they are worth it to someone. If Peterborough hire Tungate again it tells you a lot about where they are after he couldn’t be bothered to turn up to 3 meetings last year and the management know it. 

If riders continue to take that sort of approch then its no wonder tracks run at big losses, teams that can throw money at riders force the ones that struggle to stay competitive to overstretch themselves and eventually go under owing money they havnt got.

Tungate isnt a sort after rider and has only a few options best he stays home if he takes this attitude.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Already paying for Matts renovations at his chateau!

• Like 1

As it is Black Friday suggest Panthers treat their fans and sign Bartosz Zmarzlik

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

If riders continue to take that sort of approch then its no wonder tracks run at big losses, teams that can throw money at riders force the ones that struggle to stay competitive to overstretch themselves and eventually go under owing money they havnt got.

Tungate isnt a sort after rider and has only a few options best he stays home if he takes this attitude.

I agree completely. Unfortunately we live in a world where all too often we see a short term me me me attitude to the detriment of the bigger long term picture. And that’s from both riders and promoters alike 

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

As it is Black Friday suggest Panthers treat their fans and sign Bartosz Zmarzlik

More likely Karol Zabik!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, poolebolton said:

ASSETS loan fees etc. If a rider is loaned out to 2 teams (double up/down) do the clubs loaning the rider pay HALF the fee each?

4 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

ASSETS loan fees etc. If a rider is loaned out to 2 teams (double up/down) do the clubs loaning the rider pay HALF the fee each?

Both pay a fee. 

1. Masters 7.35

2. Hans Andersen 5.79

3. Harris 6.16

4. Mikkel B 6.26

5. Ellis 6.49

6. BWD 5.47

7. Summers 4.87

Best I can think of that might realistically happen, Wolves seems to be going for a top end rider, so out of him and Thorsell. Mikkel B will probably be coming to here or Lynn. Ellis seems to be on the way out at Swindon. 

Pointless having 2 strong reserves, but no other way to build the side.