British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 minute ago, Rockstar99 said:

We're going to be stuffed whichever way we go.

Slightly better chance if we sign Thorssell or Masters, if either is omitted from Wolves.

See I don't like this so called strength in depth lark but I see a team of all being capable of improving their average except MPT. 

Tungate (won't be back as it stands) 

Andersen 

Harris 

MPT 

Bech 

Ostergaard 

BWD 

Edited by Flappy

We will not know the team until the bosses feel like telling us. Despite being the front man I doubt that Carl Johnson is the final arbiter.  First signing to be announced on 13th December , of those that have been suggested so far, there is nobody that is likely to facilitate festive good cheer.

It’s all rumour mill, the only person who seems to possibly know something is Flappy, and I say that as he’s referenced issues with Tungate a few times now.

Harris was named dropped by a few early on and last few days it’s been Bech.

Who knows...

Whoever made the call to wait till 13th to name first rider has slipped up IMO.

The club needs more fans and the existing fans need a lift and other teams flying ahead and we are lagging behind.

Last pre-season there was a suggestion Chapman was the reason behind both The Stars and Panthers naming teams late but Kings Lynn have named 2 and have over a week before the 13th to name more.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Warren2 said:

Last pre-season there was a suggestion Chapman was the reason behind both The Stars and Panthers naming teams late but Kings Lynn have named 2 and have over a week before the 13th to name more.

The 2019 Panthers were announced in December 2018 - on 4th, 6th, 10th, 13th, 17th (two riders)and 20th to be precise..

10 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The 2019 Panthers were announced in December 2018 - on 4th, 6th, 10th, 13th, 17th (two riders)and 20th to be precise..

Neil,

My post says there was a suggestion that Panthers named riders late, also you quote those 7 “Signings” but Harris was released and did Cook “Sign”?

1 minute ago, Warren2 said:

Neil,

My post says there was a suggestion that Panthers named riders late, also you quote those 7 “Signings” but Harris was released and did Cook “Sign”?

Chris Harris was released after the Club ownership changed hands in January 2019.

Craig Cook had confirmed that he would ride for Peterborough in 2019,  that changed after Ged and myself had left the Club.

16 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Chris Harris was released after the Club ownership changed hands in January 2019.

Craig Cook had confirmed that he would ride for Peterborough in 2019,  that changed after Ged and myself had left the Club.

And then signs for the owner at another club 

12 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Sure not an attack on you Neil but clearly Cook didn’t sign did he?

Also to be honest as a fan my annoyance is how things were dealt with and thereafter communicated, whose fault it was does not make anything any better.

This season fans want to see a competitive side and ideally some news sooner to get some hope and to be able to try and generate more fans.

The big wigs in Speedway say the right things but rarely deliver IMO

Certainly in and around Peterborough I do not see much promotion of Speedway.

There are so many people who do not even know we have a Speedway team and we’ve had 1 for years and years.

Do we think that the three line whip on team declaration is:

(1) A well thought out plan to avoid last years  farce.

(2) Bosses think it is good to keep us guessing

(3) Parsimony

(4) Buster knows best

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

(3) Parsimony 

(4) Buster knows best

When you're seemingly making up the numbers, rudderless with an indeterminate shelf life then it's 3 with a hint of 4.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

(3) Parsimony

(4) Buster knows best

No. 4 should read : Buster always knows best.

1 minute ago, waytogo28 said:

No. 4 should read : Buster always knows best.

That is of course an Axiom

• Like 1