British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

11 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

He is on the decline I agree. 

At the same time Masters hasn't improved as a Speedway rider. Which is the point I'm making to stevebrum when he say's apart from this year Masters has improved as a Speedway rider every year until 2019 because as I've now shown Harris has also improved as a speedway rider every year until 2019 using stevebrum's logic.

Averages don't tell the full story.

Harris has been on the decline for a few years and Masters is no better off now than he was 4 years ago even though he quit one league to try and improve as a speedway rider.

Chris wasn't on the decline in 2017 and 2018, he was a heatleader in those seasons and improved on his 2016 figure. 

I don't agree that bomber has been on the decline for a few seasons, the numbers say that started last season and this season he will likely be a 2nd string as a consequence.

We agree he is on the decline, however we clearly disagree as to when that actually started.

The numbers say last season.

45 minutes ago, acef said:

That's quite a big drop off last season sir!

The stats show he is most certainly on the decline and it started last season.

What must be considered when assessing Harris is that his home track last season was Ipswich, a track he is well known to hate so a move to Peterborough, a track he is known to like will make a huge difference.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

and he rode most of season with a bad wrist injury which he has had an operation on last week

Think that happened at Eastbourne very early doors with him riding for Somerset

2 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Using SteveBrum's logic this tells you Harris isn't on the decline and he's just had one bad season.

However being realistic. Harris is on the decline despite the averages saying 3 years of improvement. Which is why I haven't brought into stevebrum's argument about one bad season.

2019 - 6.16

2018 - 7.78

2017 - 7.63

2016 - 6.58

2 hours ago, acef said:

That's quite a big drop off last season sir!

The stats show he is most certainly on the decline and it started last season.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

What must be considered when assessing Harris is that his home track last season was Ipswich, a track he is well known to hate so a move to Peterborough, a track he is known to like will make a huge difference.

Foreverblue is spot on

Bombers Foxhall average was around 5.5 and away around 7. Had he been comfortable at home and averaged 8 as he should/would elsewhere then the average stays in the 7.5 bracket

That would be consistent with the previous 2 years and still firmly in the No1 category in this league

6 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Stats don't lie Steve.

Both of them are virtually no better off than they were 4 years ago and that's in a league that gets weaker with every passing year.

As averages have proved stats don’t lie. Masters 3 out of 4 seasons improved.

Thorssell 2 out of 4. 

On 12/16/2019 at 10:55 AM, Rockstar99 said:

Look at Ipswich last year. They didn't have a No.1 but still made the Grand Final. Solid 1-7 with strong reserves.

This league is pish poor. We really don't need a No.1 to be competitive.

As for the teams mentioned above. I only rate Swindon's 1-7. 

Both Belle Vue and Sheffield are way overrated imo. 

Belle Vue - No.1 is a proven choke artist who could never get the job done for the Pirates, No.5 Killer is back in the UK because he's failed abroad. S. Worrall never improved. Very average 1-7 imo.

Sheffield - Nicki P was poor the last time he rode in the UK, Two reserves who aren't good enough to ride in this league, Howarth & Lawson who have never improved. Solid at home but will struggle big time on the road imo.

Then look at other possible sides - How many years have Masters & Thorssell failed to improve at Wolves. Klindt at No.1 for the Witches unless things change so a solid 1-7 being built again, King's Lynn same crap that's been failing for years in the engine room whilst one possible reserve that already flopped in the Championship against much weaker opposition.

With Peterborough - Hans, Nicholls, Bomber and BWD can all improve there starting GSA's whilst Tungate, MPT & Bech can at least maintain there's. I see no reason why we couldn't finish 3rd or 4th with Phil The Aces' 1-7

The Nicki P comment made me smile, that was 2011, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

For the record Nicki averaged 8.61, in far stronger league than this  season.

And also for the record last season in weaker league than 2011 only 3 riders averaged more than 8.61.

Doyle 8.96

Batchelor 8.82

Fricke 8.81

And Fricke isn't riding in the league next season.

I have to say I admire your optimism.

13 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

And they're both virtually back at square one after 4 years. 

Jacob has had 2 ruined seasons with injury. Masters went backwards this year but still forward on 4 years ago.

So it’s fair to suggest both still improved after 4 years. 

Just now, stevebrum said:

Jacob has had 2 ruined seasons with injury. Masters went backwards this year but still forward on 4 years ago.

So it’s fair to suggest both still improved after 4 years. 

Have to agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, Rockstar99 said:

Have to agree to disagree. 

Happy to disagree, thankfully averages back up my claims. 

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

7 minutes ago, spin king said:

The Nicki P comment made me smile, that was 2011, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

For the record Nicki averaged 8.61, in far stronger league than this  season.

And also for the record last season in weaker league than 2011 only 3 riders averaged more than 8.61.

Doyle 8.96

Batchelor 8.82

Fricke 8.81

And Fricke isn't riding in the league next season.

I have to say I admire your optimism.

Had numerous injuries and big hiatus from Britain since then. For his standards he wasn't great last time but that's not to say he wont be great this time round. I think he'll do well but not as well as people expect. 

This is now a Nicki P no longer in his prime who has suffered multiple big injuries since 2011 as I said I think he will do well but not as well as some think he will. 

4 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Had numerous injuries and big hiatus from Britain since then. For his standards he wasn't great last time but that's not to say he wont be great this time round. I think he'll do well but not as well as people expect. 

This is now a Nicki P no longer in his prime who has suffered multiple big injuries since 2011 as I said I think he will do well but not as well as some think he will. 

I for one  wished he had sign for Lynn.     He's a tremendous signing for any club...       Love him or hate him, you can be sure he will add a lot of interest and excitement...:t:....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I for one  wished he had sign for Lynn.     He's a tremendous signing for any club...       Love him or hate him, you can be sure he will add a lot of interest and excitement...:t:....

No doubt about it. He will pull in the crowds.