British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

There's no value in signing Nicholls for me. 

It's heat wins we need 

If they sign Nicholls then I think they are looking at someone who can score OK at some of the away tracks.

He struggled at home, I did only go to half the home meetings but every 1 I went to if he didn’t gate he couldn’t recover.

Certainly a legend of the sport and I wouldn’t be disappointed with signing him but would hope for improvement at Home.

If we sign Scott, then Rohan has to be at 1, which then means we need another 6.50 rider, someone like Mikkel B maybe?

Rohan, Hans, Mikkel B and Scott

I see Carl Johnson is saying BWD will be the best reserve in the league so would presume Nicholls won't be at reserve 

1 hour ago, Panthers99 said:

NKI 7.54

MPT 6.30

Hans 5.79

Harris 6.00

Tungate 6.59

Nicholls 5.50

BWD 5.47

Sadly not.... 0.60 odd over, Summers for Scott takes us to 42.56

Jordan stewart for scott nicholls and I reckon that 7 would be challenging in the play offs.

8 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

Jordan stewart for scott nicholls and I reckon that 7 would be challenging in the play offs.

Jordan Stewart has signed for Swindon.

Edited by bloom89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warren2 said:

If they sign Nicholls then I think they are looking at someone who can score OK at some of the away tracks.

He struggled at home, I did only go to half the home meetings but every 1 I went to if he didn’t gate he couldn’t recover.

Certainly a legend of the sport and I wouldn’t be disappointed with signing him but would hope for improvement at Home.

I would be careful what you wish for KK isn't always the most reliable. 

• Like 1

Is Harris actually signed for the season or is it subject to Ippo and Lynn getting the riders they want ?

• Haha 1

Great team being built.

Heat winners galore at the moment when it comes to the Showground. MPT knows the fastest way around our place and the stats back that up. BWD the same. 

Chris Harris has the nickname Bomber for a reason. He will love our place and will put at least 0.75 to 1.00 on his starting GSA. Bargain of the season along with Hans. Bomber didn't have any problems at Somerset last year. He's a racer and not a trapper. Foxhall just doesn't suit Bomber and that is the only reason why he ended with a 6.16. 

So far

2 Riders that will improve starting GSA's if they stay injury free and one rider who can maintain his. Still got Hans to go if rumours are true so that is 3 average improvers out of 4.

If we can get a No.1 then fantastic. If we cant give me Scotty Nicholls at reserve at least he can rip it up at reserve when we go to tracks like Ipswich & Wolves which could be valuable. 

We could virtually have a team of Two No.5's, Three No.3's and Two second strings. Cant complain with that. 

2 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

NKI 7.54

MPT 6.30

Hans 5.79

Harris 6.00

Tungate 6.59

Nicholls 5.50

BWD 5.47

Sadly not.... 0.60 odd over, Summers for Scott takes us to 42.56

Just think of what could of been with that team but with Ryan Douglas instead of Scott Nicholls 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Just think of what could of been with that team but with Ryan Douglas instead of Scott Nicholls 

Could have had Hans and Harris at reserve come the first average changeovers 

So far. 

No.7 either Nicholls or Ostergaard

Nicholls would rip it up away from home. Ostergaard can claim some scalps whilst beating riders who he should be beating around the Showground. Two decent options. 

No.1's doubt it's going to happen but we don't need one anyway. Over 50% of teams don't have a No.1. But if we do get one either NKI or KK. Both capable of improving starting GSA's

Other HL's or second strings. Tungate already proven his liking for our track throughout the years and is capable of maintaining his average. Plus he's our strongest home rider from last season. 7.73 GSA and Overall average at home of 8.27. 

Mikkel Bech he could be anything from great to pish poor but on a 6.26 he's worth the chance and Danes do love the Showground. 

I don't see a bad outcome whichever route we take. I think we would be the dark horses for the title. Not favourites. Dark horses there is a difference before people jump down my throat.

Our 1-7 would be on par with Wolverhampton's whichever route we take. 

2. Hans - Can put over a point on his average. Maybe two points. False average because of injuries last season. 

3. MPT - Maintain his average. Knows the track inside out.

4. Harris - Can put 0.75 - 1.00 on his average. False average due to his dislike of Foxhall. Will love the Showground.

6. BWD - Can put half a point on his average. Knows the track inside out.

Without a number 1 it's a bang average side that will win some and lose some but will be found wanting by a lack of heat wins 

Personally i would say Hans must be nailed especially on his current average, be a major shock if he doesn't return,also Oostergaard would be a good reserve especially at home and i would expect Tungate also. The makings of a good solid team with no weak links. 

• Like 1