British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

7 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Depends which way you're looking at it.

Did Broc Nicol have multiple offers. If he did has CVS snapped him up now so he can use Nicol in future seasons too. Instead of letting him sign elsewhere and possibly missing out on the chance of signing him in years to come?

I think it's a signing that is looking ahead more than just the 2020 season. I think CVS has a plan in place where he wants Becker & Nicol to be the No.1 & No.5 at Wolves in a few years so he didn't want to run the risk of Nicol going elsewhere so he was prepared to build 2.00 points under the limit.

I honestly don't see this as a crazy move. I think it could work out very well. Very shrewd forward thinking business decision imo. 

I still think it’s a decent side, but could have been better by using the extra 2 points.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 3:09 PM, Flappy said:

Tungate and Hans average what they do for a reason. It's not just don't to injury.  They are going to have good days and bad days 

It's a big year for Andersen, could possibly be make or break.   Last season was a long way below his best which has been really consistent.  But every time he got going he was injured again.  Maybe he came back too soon from a couple of big crashes. He was riding a week after making a new hole in the back straight fence.    If he can get back to anywhere near his best he is a steal on his current average.

27 minutes ago, Mark said:

It's a big year for Andersen, could possibly be make or break.   Last season was a long way below his best which has been really consistent.  But every time he got going he was injured again.  Maybe he came back too soon from a couple of big crashes. He was riding a week after making a new hole in the back straight fence.    If he can get back to anywhere near his best he is a steal on his current average.

Hans had some massive crashes last year which would take most riders a long time to get over, in fact some would say he was lucky to be able ride again.He is a rider who wears his heart on his sleeve and gives everything for his club so i would expect a big improvement on his current average after a bad year. 

No problem with signing Hans but he or Tungate should not be at one or five 

12 minutes ago, Flappy said:

No problem with signing Hans but he or Tungate should not be at one or five 

The problem with Tungate is that he isn't going to improve his average. 

On 12/24/2019 at 3:09 PM, Flappy said:

Tungate and Hans average what they do for a reason. It's not just don't to injury.  They are going to have good days and bad days 

With an injury free season, I think Hans can average 6.5 to 7. Most riders in that bracket have them. I would of had Hans at Lynn on his average.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

With an injury free season, I think Hans can average 6.5 to 7. Most riders in that bracket have them. I would of had Hans at Lynn on his average.

At 1 or 5 would you? 

He’s not going to be anybody’s 1 or 5 on 5.79. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

He’s not going to be anybody’s 1 or 5 on 5.79. 

People keep saying Hans will be one of our heat leaders 

Edited by Flappy

15 minutes ago, Flappy said:

People keep saying Hans will be on of our heat leaders 

I would imagine he will be a second string on that figure and if he has an injury free season he is likely to be a bloody good one. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Flappy said:

People keep saying Hans will be on of our heat leaders 

Some people just talk nonsense ...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

People keep saying Hans will be one of our heat leaders 

After the first set of GSA's he will probably be our No.1

Only has to get 6 pts in every away meeting. 8 pts in every home meeting and then he will put almost 1.5 pts onto his starting GSA and Hansi is well capable of that. 

On 12/24/2019 at 4:57 PM, Rockstar99 said:

He's a has been if we are to be brutally honest.

Ever since the Darcy stuff his career has sunk like the titanic. So wouldn't worry over this one. Got to a point where even some Poole fans didn't want him at Poole anymore.

You wanted him back at Poole last season when you supported them?

• Like 3