British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

I have no problem with signing Andersen but he should start the season as a second string. 

There's this weird obsession in having 5 pointers at reserve at the minute.  You just end up with a lack of heat winners 

37 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I have no problem with signing Andersen but he should start the season as a second string. 

There's this weird obsession in having 5 pointers at reserve at the minute.  You just end up with a lack of heat winners 

He will start as a second string if he does ride for us.

Power scoring reserve is the key to success. 

25 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

He will start as a second string if he does ride for us.

Power scoring reserve is the key to success. 

Good reserve isnt enough tho. Still need other race winners

All of Ipswich success last season came from having 2 reserves scoring big points and a couple other of the riders having okay nights. As soon as the lost the high scoring reserves they were pretty useless. 

Only really lost out to the power packed team of Swindon, so having good reserves can bring success. 

2 hours ago, cambpanther said:

Good reserve isnt enough tho. Still need other race winners

Depends who we're facing tbh.

My personal opinion. I would rather build a 1-7 similar to Wolves rather than build a 1-7 like Swindon.

Swindon are gambling on the big hitters performing 24/7 if one has an off night then the whole teams falls apart. Whilst Wolverhampton can afford a rider to have a bad night as the other are all capable of carrying the extra work load on any given night. 

I would rather go with Tungate at No.1 with Nicholls & BWD at reserve rather than going with NKI at No.1 with Ostergaard as the No.7.

With the two strong reserves if they did move into the 1-5 it wouldn't make a difference as they would be replaced by MPT, Andersen or another rider who is far too good to be at reserve.

Look at Ipswich last year. No firepower in the HL department but the reserves were mustard so it didn't make a difference. 

We have race winners all over the place so far. BWD, MPT & Harris are all capable of scoring big points. 

Chris Harris will end up with a GSA of 7.00 or more in 2020 if he stays fit. No doubt in my mind. His away GSA last season 6.48 and official average away from home was 7.12. We have the bargain of the season. Low average due to his dislike of Foxhall apart from that the stats say he's still a HL away from Foxhall. 

BWD another bargain. Before he got injured. Home GSA 6.11 and official home average 6.74 whilst his away averages were 5.23 and 5.69 respectively. Using his home averages we have a rider that scores like a No.3 or No.4 around the showground who will start the season at reserve for us.

MPT knows the showground well and is more than capable of scoring six a meeting around the showground. His official away average for KL last season was 6.04 so if he can continue scoring 6 away from home every meeting then we will be right in the mix for silverware.  

Give me this 1-7 all day long. 6 pts a meeting from all 7 away from home means we take a league point everywhere we go. Nobody touches this team around the showground for sure. Tungate's a No.1 around the showground. Harris & Andersen false averages. MPT & BWD know the place inside out and wont have any trouble in getting to grips with the showground. Nicholls isn't great around the showground but away from the showground he can be our secret weapon. He will make mince meat out of other reserves on the road. He's still a Championship No.1 so it's not like he cant beat riders of lesser quality anymore.

The only worry is Bech. But Dane's do love the Showground and you never know on the road. He's proven he can ride the technical tracks in Britain former Lakeside & Wolverhampton rider so that's a positive. 

Don't worry about the riding order as it will look completely different after the first set of GSA's

For example start with

1. Tungate

2. Andersen

3. Bech

4. Harris

5. MPT

6. BWD

7. Nicholls

Then for example let's say

1. Harris

2. BWD

3. Tungate

4. MPT

5. Andersen

6. Bech

7. Nicholls

I don't think that Rockstar99 has ever seen any speedway at the showground...either that or he's a spokesperson for the promotion!

Tbf looking at the stats Tungate had a good season at home but away from home was another story. 

As a 3rd heat leader he'd be perfect 

• Like 1

Its always the same - the No1 you want as a No5 . The No5 needs to be 3rd heat leader. The 3rd heat leader needs to be a 2nd string. The 2nd string needs to be at reserve. The No7 needs to be a 5 pointer

All easily solved - just needs a 50 point limit:)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Tbf looking at the stats Tungate had a good season at home but away from home was another story. 

As a 3rd heat leader he'd be perfect 

Yes agree with you... He wasn't No1 material last year.. early on I thought he might be, the pass he made on Rory Schlein was really good but the the lack of passing and his lack of gating to often left him at the back and his average just proves my point.

That match against Wolverhampton was the one where Nichols scored loads. It seemed to me that he had  more wins that one night when he rode against us were more than he scored for us the for rest of the season!

12 hours ago, moorelsm said:

I don't think that Rockstar99 has ever seen any speedway at the showground...either that or he's a spokesperson for the promotion!

He has supported Swindon and Poole over the last few seasons under different user names. No idea why he's gone onto Peterborough now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

He has supported Swindon and Poole over the last few seasons under different user names. No idea why he's gone onto Peterborough now.

Ahh I see... Shame really.