British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

59 minutes ago, hans fan said:

When you have the management giving cringeworthy interviews and taking the p155 with the team they put out I do sometimes wonder whether they actually watch the meetings if they come in we’ll under the limit with oystercard at reserve they won’t be getting a shilling of me this coming season 

It's called making up the numbers in a generally rudderless ship while living in a social media world where they have to talk up everything, often despite the reality of the situation that all but the happy clappers see. I never watch the interviews as I prefer my own opinion based on watching the action or reading club and fan reports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

I've already got it sorted. I'll be taking off just after 12.00. Here is the rocket that I will be boarding just after midnight. 

Image result for toy ROCKET

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch down brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am

Hmmmmmm 

Is there going to be a New Years Day Present?

3 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Was he drunk or sober at the time?

Louis said it in a TV interview at the end of the season. I think it was after a play off meeting. And he wasn't pis$ed..

Edited by Bald Bloke

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Louis said it in a TV interview at the end of the season. I think it was after a play off meeting. And he wasn't pis$ed..

Yeah but what club owner chis Louis know???? He ain't no Chris Harris

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, hans fan said:

When you have the management giving cringeworthy interviews and taking the p155 with the team they put out I do sometimes wonder whether they actually watch the meetings if they come in we’ll under the limit with oystercard at reserve they won’t be getting a shilling of me this coming season 

Likewise anything over a point under the limit with Ostergaard at reserve no chance 

• Like 1

It’s been well documented what has happened at Ipswich. The original intentions were that Chapman was to purchase the club from Chris Louis, albeit with certain clauses attached. For reasons only known to those involved, that purchase never materialised. 

Whether that was down to Chapmans end or Chris Louis having second thoughts, or something else entirely we’ll probably never know. 

What we do know, because Chris Louis has said so himself, is that Keith Chapman isn’t, and never has been the owner of Ipswich Witches despite the initial intentions. 

Anyway, this is the Panthers thread..

Edited by Arch Stanton

3 hours ago, hans fan said:

I feel sorry for Carl  Johnson I suspect every decision he makes is likely to be countermanded  by the owner should he not agree 

50 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Anyway, this is the Panthers thread..

When did that hold any sway? Try visiting the Poole thread (everyone else does!) :P

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hans fan said:

You could always go as one of your alter-egos

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

You could always go as one of your alter-egos

Think you've got hans fan mixed up with the resident looney.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, False dawn said:

When did that hold any sway? Try visiting the Poole thread (everyone else does!) :P

Good advice we need more posts on the Poole thread! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I feel sorry for Carl  Johnson I suspect every decision he makes is likely to be countermanded  by the owner should he not agree 

The way of the world since time began. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Indeed, there isn’t anything revolutionary in that statement.