British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Was the racing good though?

As I've said many times, nowhere near as good as it was before Buster. Its gate and go with no outside line... track records yes, overtaking no.

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Was the racing good though?

Some of it was very good, once they made the inside less grippy

22 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Harris signing was confirmed on Xmas Eve, not sure what you are banging on about tbh ...

I missed the Christmas Eve information and the BSPA site made it the main news story today. My fault for missing the original message but the new one has a different slant on the news. I must remember not to pass on news from the BSPA site in future without checking everywhere that they are not putting out old news.

Edited by Chris116
Made BOLD so forever blue can see what I said!

When Buster took over the club he said that he couldn’t wait to sort the track out and improve the racing. In my many years of watching racing at the Showground I have always found the racing excellent and as far as I was concerned the track didn’t need sorting out. All Buster managed to achieve was to mess up the racing lines with the outside lines being non existent. But we kept hearing that the racing was good because it was fast and track records fell for the first few weeks. What a load of tosh... the racing was crap... gate and go. Although things did improve towards the end of the season when Buster was not playing on his tractor.

just hope he stays off the tractor next season... that is if we manage to field a half decent team

1 hour ago, Octoberon said:

When Buster took over the club he said that he couldn’t wait to sort the track out and improve the racing. In my many years of watching racing at the Showground I have always found the racing excellent and as far as I was concerned the track didn’t need sorting out. All Buster managed to achieve was to mess up the racing lines with the outside lines being non existent. But we kept hearing that the racing was good because it was fast and track records fell for the first few weeks. What a load of tosh... the racing was crap... gate and go. Although things did improve towards the end of the season when Buster was not playing on his tractor.

Blimey somebody to agree with!

1 hour ago, Octoberon said:

just hope he stays off the tractor next season... that is if we manage to field a half decent team

I can agree and disagree . for years turn2 and turn 4 riders have picked up gripped and lifted  due to track being inconsistent. I think buster sorted that problem early trouble was the track became to grippy and to consistent .a trappers paradise

2 hours ago, Octoberon said:

It's what we hope at Kings Lynn next year too!!

11 hours ago, moorelsm said:

This is a bit offensive chap. Carl is generally a nice chap in my experience and is trying to do the best for the club. 

As I've said before, I don't understand why the owner bought the club and is not appearing to give it any chance of success. These rumoured teams are at best only marginally better than last year.

We only had 1 comfortable win at home last year, most people who sit near me in the stands won't pay to watch the side loose week after week.... me included.

you obviously dont know the real carl...

2 hours ago, hans fan said:

I can agree and disagree . for years turn2 and turn 4 riders have picked up gripped and lifted  due to track being inconsistent. I think buster sorted that problem early trouble was the track became to grippy and to consistent .a trappers paradise

Just shows that it is not just the clay content in the shale. Deep track and very wet = fast, hard to pass. Busters tracks are fast and smooth, but a little less shale and a bit less water, might just do the trick ;) As we know a good race track isn't always the fastest.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, Kickitov said:

It's what we hope at Kings Lynn next year too!!

All this track grading is a pain in the neck and I'm sure most of it is not necessary but just an excuse for someone  to enjoy driving a tractor.  What they should do is get a job on a farm instead. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But tractor driving is very compulsive and seductive. It can feel as if the driver is a "master / mistress of the Dark Arts". Some promoters who take the wheel themselves - from dawn to dusk - believe that they have prepared the ultimate racing surface. And then race times and the quantity of passing remains unchanged.

14 hours ago, Chris116 said:

But currently the latest item on the BSPA website as per the heading below

PANTHERS OWNER HAILS HARRIS

Thursday January 02, 2020

So it has to be in big letters for you to notice it!! 

7 hours ago, Gemini said:

All this track grading is a pain in the neck and I'm sure most of it is not necessary but just an excuse for someone  to enjoy driving a tractor.  What they should do is get a job on a farm instead. 

But many people moan on here about grading. They say the racing was better back in the day when grading was done every race, albeit not by tractor. 

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Just shows that it is not just the clay content in the shale. Deep track and very wet = fast, hard to pass. Busters tracks are fast and smooth, but a little less shale and a bit less water, might just do the trick ;) As we know a good race track isn't always the fastest.

Track record weekly and it was crap. The times slowed considerably for a few meetings and the racing was decent and gave a poor side at least half a chance on their own circuit. Fans could see it but the bosses usually turned out a gate and go job although with a Panthers team that usually hit turn two in third and 4th place anyway they were not going to cut the mustard on any circuit tbh.

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

But many people moan on here about grading. They say the racing was better back in the day when grading was done every race, albeit not by tractor. 

Seemed a pretty seamless operation in those days.