British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I wouldn't go near Vissing on a 5.27 Prem ave!

The final team declarations show his average as 4.43
Still not interested? ;)

Edited by False dawn

10 minutes ago, False dawn said:

The final team declarations show his average as 4.43
Still not interested? ;)

Vissing signed in July on a 4.43 ave, which was his Champ ave converted (6.65 / 1.3 = 4.43)

As he never rode enough matches in 2019 to get a Prem ave, surely he'll have to sign on his current Champ ave again (8.43 / 1.6 = 5.27)?

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Vissing signed in July on a 4.43 ave, which was his Champ ave converted (6.65 / 1.3 = 4.43)

As he never rode enough matches in 2019 to get a Prem ave, surely he'll have to sign on his current Champ ave again (8.43 / 1.6 = 5.27)?

Interesting. I must admit, despite my love of numbers, my ability to unravel the rules on this point (pun intended) is not what it could be. 
I'm guessing there must be a definitive source to which teams have access, detailing riders' averages for team building purposes. Wouldn't it be nice for us, the paying public, to have access to this master list?

49 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Interesting. I must admit, despite my love of numbers, my ability to unravel the rules on this point (pun intended) is not what it could be. 
I'm guessing there must be a definitive source to which teams have access, detailing riders' averages for team building purposes. Wouldn't it be nice for us, the paying public, to have access to this master list?

The final Green Sheets for 2019 on the BSPA site (NOT the averages page), together with Section 16 of the Speedway Regulations, will give you most of the information you need. For riders without a 2019 average Club officials might approach the BSPA office for clarification of the appropriate MA.

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The final Green Sheets for 2019 on the BSPA site (NOT the averages page), together with Section 16 of the Speedway Regulations, will give you most of the information you need. For riders without a 2019 average Club officials might approach the BSPA office for clarification of the appropriate MA.

Thank you for that. Just to be clear, "The final Green Sheets for 2019 on the BSPA site" that you mention, are these the "2019 Team Declarations and Green Sheet Averages"? If so, Claus Vissing is clearly listed in the Swindon team at 4.43. But szkocjasid seems to think this won't apply going forward as he hasn't ridden enough meetings in the Premiership. So if a Premiership team manager today wanted to know his average for team building a 2020 team, would he have to calculate it from his old Championship average, ring up the BSPA or what?

5 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Thank you for that. Just to be clear, "The final Green Sheets for 2019 on the BSPA site" that you mention, are these the "2019 Team Declarations and Green Sheet Averages"? If so, Claus Vissing is clearly listed in the Swindon team at 4.43. But szkocjasid seems to think this won't apply going forward as he hasn't ridden enough meetings in the Premiership. So if a Premiership team manager today wanted to know his average for team building a 2020 team, would he have to calculate it from his old Championship average, ring up the BSPA or what?

Vissing’s Swindon average is annotated with a *, signifying an assessed average. Art 16.2.5 of the Speedway Regulations shows that as Vissing doesn’t have an established average in both leagues for 2019 the most recently established average will be used - which will be the CL average.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

Had plenty of volunteers back then raking. You wouldn't get enough now to rake half a bend. 

I remember the days when all the rakers used march out of the pits on the parade with the riders at the AFA. Back In the "Welcome to sunshine speedway, Saddlebow road, the home of the Kings Lynn Stars" days ;)

There must of been 10 or so back then.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

At Peterborough we marched out to the Match of the Day theme tune, led by the starting Marshall (my Dad).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I remember the days when all the rakers used march out of the pits on the parade with the riders at the AFA. Back In the "Welcome to sunshine speedway, Saddlebow road, the home of the Kings Lynn Stars" days ;)

There must of been 10 or so back then.

16 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

At Peterborough we marched out to the Match of the Day theme tune, led by the starting Marshall (my Dad).

I guess as it's new year, us Bees fans are allowed a small tear remembering the way all the staff and St John Ambulance folk, used to march smartly into the stadium to the sound of Imperial Echoes.
Please spare a moment to wish those good folks running the Save Coventry Speedway and Stox campaign, a successful year in bringing back speedway to Brandon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, Octoberon said:

What a load of tosh... the racing was crap... gate and go. Although things did improve towards the end of the season when Buster was not playing on his tractor.

Deja vu as this is pretty much how the quality of racing went down the pan at  King's Kynn. After hours of Tonka Toytime - Lo and Behold - a Gate and Go track was ( and is ) invariably on offer. Very sad.

Still no team news at the Panthers... one can only assume that the ‘Management’ are finding it very difficult to muster a competitive team. I too am finding it difficult to muster much enthusiasm for the up coming season. To hear Colin Pratt state that he wants all meetings to be run in 90 minutes reminds me of a lady I used to know... pay your money.. wham, bam, thanks. Now I know that weekday meetings need to be run so that any kids that any watching can be in bed by 9:15. But my point is that their are few kids there anyway.. no entertainment.except loud disco music. No second half.. no value. No wonder our sport is in bother.

Edited by Octoberon

My guess would be that they have the majority of the team sorted but are trying to persuade somebody (Iversen/Bjerre?) to spearhead the side. Hence being unable to announce others. 

As for 90 minute meetings, count me in. That’s plenty and I wish Lynn meetings were that prompt. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Vissing’s Swindon average is annotated with a *, signifying an assessed average. Art 16.2.5 of the Speedway Regulations shows that as Vissing doesn’t have an established average in both leagues for 2019 the most recently established average will be used - which will be the CL average.

According to the regulations, a rider establishes an official MA after 4 home and 4 away meetings. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Vissing did more than that for Swindon

Cook says he was left in the lurch after leaving Belle Vue and Buster has been good to deal with,  so where does this leave the situation of him not riding for Peterborough after initially agreeing to do so, who was actually lying at the time of the announcement. 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Cook says he was left in the lurch after leaving Belle Vue and Buster has been good to deal with,  so where does this leave the situation of him not riding for Peterborough after initially agreeing to do so, who was actually lying at the time of the announcement. 

Maybe Buster, maybe Cook, maybe both. We will never know the truth...

• Haha 1