British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 hour ago, Rockstar99 said:

Would jump at the chance of signing him but I'm not sure if he's allowed or chosen not to ride in the top league.

Clubs would be throwing money at him to take up a reserve spot in any side and surely he would have been fixed up by now with his talent?

I've previously read Pickering is keen for a Prem team place, not sure why but it seems Premiership teams don't rate him!

2 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Who would you take.

Wells, THJ, New Foreigner, Berge, Busk Jakobsen?

Josh Auty!

5 hours ago, Blupanther said:

NKI is different mustard at the Showground, not many would beat him there ...

Away from the Showground? That showing at Swindon was nigh on embarrassing. He has commitments in all the major leagues as well as GP’s, he’s definitely NOT a rider you can rely on in the UK. 

• Like 1

There’s a few riders that can still knock in decent points in their late 30’s early 40’s, Andersen isn’t one of them. Despite people making excuses for injuries, truth be told he’s been on the slide for a number of years now. 

He’s aged badly compared to others. 

29 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There’s a few riders that can still knock in decent points in their late 30’s early 40’s, Andersen isn’t one of them. Despite people making excuses for injuries, truth be told he’s been on the slide for a number of years now. 

Disagree Hans is one of them, he will prove it. 

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Another comment who didn't watch speedway at the showground each week last year. As I've said repeatedly when anybody missed the gate they weren't overtake. Invariably when Hans was behind he was nearly always right there trying, as a result would get my vote. Others like Nichols for example would end up being miles behind...

I like Ricky Wells too.. Maybe three years ago I thought he was one of the best visiting riders we saw that year. I know it was championship stuff but that did include riders like Charlie and Adam Ellis. There was one race with Cookie that was reminiscent of watching Krzysztof, ahh those were the days.

JUST BECAUSE ITS FAST DON'T MAKE IT GOOD.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Disagree Hans is one of them, he will prove it. 

People have been saying that for 3 or 4 years now. We’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

People have been saying that for 3 or 4 years now. We’ll see. 

What were his averages last 4 seasons ?     

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

No idea. Have they been increasing, or decreasing?

Averages last 4 seasons which will need checking as I'm confused by all the different numbers agsinst the same rider .  Consistently good apart from last season.   Even on 2018 form he would put 1.5pts on his 2019 average.

6.13 2019

7.88 2018

8.42 2017

7.15  2016

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hans is a rider's rider, if he can keep race fit he is capable of beating anybody -  certainly in the G.B. premiership.

22 minutes ago, Mark said:

Averages last 4 seasons which will need checking as I'm confused by all the different numbers agsinst the same rider .  Consistently good apart from last season.   Even on 2018 form he would put 1.5pts on his 2019 average.

6.13 2019

7.88 2018

8.42 2017

7.15  2016

Who did he ride for in 2017... that was a good year was it not! Lets hope he gets his gating gloves back on!

You knew what his averages were before asked the question didn't you... Ahh its good to wind up these Ipswich people eh, only trouble is, they'll get their own back during the season when they turn up with those two blooming Aussies and cause mayhem.

8 hours ago, moorelsm said:

Who did he ride for in 2017... that was a good year was it not! Lets hope he gets his gating gloves back on!

You knew what his averages were before asked the question didn't you... Ahh its good to wind up these Ipswich people eh, only trouble is, they'll get their own back during the season when they turn up with those two blooming Aussies and cause mayhem.

Are you sure its only going to be two blooming Aussies ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moorelsm said:

Another comment who didn't watch speedway at the showground each week last year. As I've said repeatedly when anybody missed the gate they weren't overtake. Invariably when Hans was behind he was nearly always right there trying, as a result would get my vote. Others like Nichols for example would end up being miles behind...

Fair point but only problem is that these days his starting is indifferent and he finds himself chasing more often than not. That was great in 2006 when a fast barnstorning Andersen would cut through an intimidated opposition with ease at the EoES (y'know, I'm a GP star coming through and that's the safety fence, would you care to throttle off or fall off :shock: ) but these days he is not particularly fast or intimidating. I did watch speedway at the EoES in 2020 when it was on (each week, I do indeed remember those days ;) ) and as Andersen's confidence grew he seemed to think that he was the 2006 vintage and looked like an accident waiting to happen, as indeed it did. He's still just about worth a punt but hopefully Johnson has a plan b when Andersen is absent in 2020.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1