British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Fair point but only problem is that these days his starting is indifferent and he finds himself chasing more often than not. That was great in 2006 when a fast barnstorning Andersen would cut through an intimidated opposition with ease at the EoES (y'know, I'm a GP star coming through and that's the safety fence, would you care to throttle off or fall off :shock: ) but these days he is not particularly fast or intimidating. I did watch speedway at the EoES in 2020 when it was on (each week, I do indeed remember those days ;) ) and as Andersen's confidence grew he seemed to think that he was the 2006 vintage and looked like an accident waiting to happen, as indeed it did. He's still just about worth a punt but hopefully Johnson has a plan b when Andersen is absent in 2020.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want Hans back, he is certainly past his best but on a 5.79 an absolute steal in my book.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want Hans back, he is certainly past his best but on a 5.79 an absolute steal in my book.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with a Poole fan!

Wasn't suggesting you aren't a regular fan Mr Crump... Was just defending Hans from that Arch Stanton chap..

2 hours ago, Pob said:

Are you sure its only going to be two blooming Aussies ?

You still think you're getting Mr Holder?

25 minutes ago, moorelsm said:

Wasn't suggesting you aren't a regular fan Mr Crump... Was just defending Hans from that Arch Stanton chap..

Arch Stanton seems to have a problem with Hans, no idea why. Personally I would expect him to get back to a 7 point average. Having seen footage of his crash, it looked very bad and l would imagine there was a fear he would be lucky to recover enough to lead a normal life let alone ride a bike again.

Edited by foreverblue

Andersen will put a point on, then move up to to the heatleader positions and subsequently lose it again. He's on the decline now is Hans, had some bad injuries.

Peterborough could potentially build quite a solid team here. No stand out riders but a strong chain. 

Not compete I know but I can as can many, pretty much guess. 

Don't know where to put them. 

It really depends on the team they end up with as they have two options, one with NKI and another with a solid 1-7.

Having listened to all the riders discussed on here and friends it sounds like 

Option A is Iversen, Tungate and possibly Ostergaard 

Option B is Tungate, ANO possibly Bech and Nicholls

Both have possibilities but option B does cause me some concerns regarding heats 13 and 15.

I just wish they would sort it out and announce them because as others have said it’s dragging on a bit.

Worries over heats 13&15 would be tempered by the prospect of having a very strong pairing in heats 2,8,12 & 14. Very few teams are going to have that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Arch Stanton seems to have a problem with Hans, no idea why. Personally I would expect him to get back to a 7 point average. Having seen footage of his crash, it looked very bad and l would imagine there was a fear he would be lucky to recover enough to lead a normal life let alone ride a bike again.

A problem with Hans? Why on earth would I have a problem with him? What a bizarre thing to say. 

It’s called an opinion. My opinion is simply that I don’t think Andersen has aged well compared to others! Good grief. 

He’s not a terrible signing on his average, but I’m not expecting as big an increase as others are confidently predicting. There may be a small improvement, but my guess is he’ll be around the 6 point mark. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

A problem with Hans? Why on earth would I have a problem with him? What a bizarre thing to say. 

It’s called an opinion. My opinion is simply that I don’t think Andersen has aged well compared to others! Good grief. 

He’s not a terrible signing on his average, but I’m not expecting as big an increase as others are confidently predicting. There may be a small improvement, but my guess is he’ll be around the 6 point mark. 

Not bizarre at all,you are constantly putting him down, disregarding his horrendous crash as though it was nothing. I think he will finish at around 7, time will tell but if he fails to achieve that figure it won't be through lack of effort. We all know he isn't the rider he was but most fans like riders who don't give up and give maximum effort.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Not bizarre at all,you are constantly putting him down, disregarding his horrendous crash as though it was nothing. I think he will finish at around 7, time will tell but if he fails to achieve that figure it won't be through lack of effort. We all know he isn't the rider he was but most fans like riders who don't give up and give maximum effort.

The first time I posted about him was yesterday for crying out loud! I was giving my opinion, on a forum, where you give opinions, on a Peterborough thread, after they’d just signed him!! And that makes me “have a problem with him”? Grow up FFS. 

• Haha 1

This forum has gone to the dogs. People have problems with riders now if their opinions don’t sit right with others. You couldn’t make it up. Did nobody take any notice of Andersen’s form BEFORE that accident against Ipswich? At best, it was inconsistent. 

3 hours ago, moorelsm said:

Everything seems to be pointing that way , i get the feeling we'll know after the Aussie championship is all settled. 

Andersen if in a good team as a third heatleader with two riders above him would average 7.5 I reckon. Put him at 1 or 5 and he would average around 6-6.5. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moorelsm said:

Who did he ride for in 2017... that was a good year was it not! Lets hope he gets his gating gloves back on!

You knew what his averages were before asked the question didn't you... Ahh its good to wind up these Ipswich people eh, only trouble is, they'll get their own back during the season when they turn up with those two blooming Aussies and cause mayhem.

No.   I didn't know his averages but remember his always scoring well until last season which was full of injury.    Did he ride for Leicester or Poole ?    Cant be sure.

Edited by Mark

1 hour ago, Steve Irving said:

This forum has gone to the dogs. People have problems with riders now if their opinions don’t sit right with others. You couldn’t make it up. Did nobody take any notice of Andersen’s form BEFORE that accident against Ipswich? At best, it was inconsistent. 

he broke a shoulder in Denmark but came back too quickly to ride in the GP quakifer at GLasgow.  Won his first heat but stopped in his 2nd as the pain was too much.     Then had a terrible crash where he hit his head bad at Peterborough and came back too soon before making a hole in the back straight fence at the same track     I doubt he rode many meetings without injury or lack of confidence.    All 3 were big offs.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

The first time I posted about him was yesterday for crying out loud! I was giving my opinion, on a forum, where you give opinions, on a Peterborough thread, after they’d just signed him!! And that makes me “have a problem with him”? Grow up FFS. 

Other people have opinions too! It is my opinion that Hans is a good signing on a bargain average and should do very well next season.