British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Its becoming more obvious that NKI turned the offer down weeks ago 

Or maybe waiting on the fixture list to be finalised?

Here is the clear and obvious plan. Tungate announced very soon then it's a possible long wait. Nicholls, Bech & Ostergaard are the riders on standby but none of them can put pen to paper until the management knows where we stand.

Management waiting on a go ahead from NKI....If NKI gives us the green light then Buster can get the Ostergaard deal done.

Management hoping for a U-Turn from KK......If NKI cant do Britain and KK changes his mind then Buster can get the Nicholls deal done.

Management forced into (Tungate, Nicholls & Bech)…..If neither of the above happens (NKI & KK) then Buster can get the Nicholls & Bech deals done.

One signing impacts another so after Tungate's imminent announcement don't panic because we have riders on standby and deals will be done sharpish.

Option A (Managements choice) - NKI, Tungate & Ostergaard - No point making teams with a different 1-7. Ostergaard is the No.7 if NKI signs.

Option B (Back up to plan A) - KK, Tungate & Nicholls

Option C (Default plan) - Tungate, Bech & Nicholls

None of Bech, Nicholls or Ostergaard can be signed until the management have been given a final decision by NKI & KK.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:30 AM, Crump99 said:

No idea. I have minimal interest these days. When Frost & Mahoney left Peterborough then so did much of my enthusiasm. If it's not Peterborough or GP as seen on BT then I'm unlikely to know too much about it. All I've seen of 6 fingers is a Twitter game of guess who this is? I assume that Lambert is riding for them but apart from that I have no idea who they've got. I wouldn't be happy to be a Stars fan because Christmas is really expensive with 1000s of relatives to buy presents for.

Yeah ok :rofl:

41 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Here is the clear and obvious plan. Tungate announced very soon then it's a possible long wait. Nicholls, Bech & Ostergaard are the riders on standby but none of them can put pen to paper until the management knows where we stand.

Management waiting on a go ahead from NKI....If NKI gives us the green light then Buster can get the Ostergaard deal done.

Management hoping for a U-Turn from KK......If NKI cant do Britain and KK changes his mind then Buster can get the Nicholls deal done.

Management forced into (Tungate, Nicholls & Bech)…..If neither of the above happens (NKI & KK) then Buster can get the Nicholls & Bech deals done.

One signing impacts another so after Tungate's imminent announcement don't panic because we have riders on standby and deals will be done sharpish.

Option A (Managements choice) - NKI, Tungate & Ostergaard - No point making teams with a different 1-7. Ostergaard is the No.7 if NKI signs.

Option B (Back up to plan A) - KK, Tungate & Nicholls

Option C (Default plan) - Tungate, Bech & Nicholls

None of Bech, Nicholls or Ostergaard can be signed until the management have been given a final decision by NKI & KK.

Very informative post, however, I'd pick a team with Nicholls over any other!

Johnson and Pratt are the ones in charge it is up to them to pick the team  with some help (perhaps) from Buster   He is not paying them and doing the job himself, besides he is giving up some of his  duties and passing the on to his co-promotor  Dale  for 2020.    

34 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Very informative post, however, I'd pick a team with Nicholls over any other!

I don't have any inside info. Just obvious what's happening behind the scenes. With all the info that's been leaked and the rumoured riders.

I think we will end up with a 1-7 containing Nicholls tbh and I'm all for that. Scotty will be very very very useful lol when we visit tracks like Foxhall & Monmore. 

NKI is unlikely tbh. Yes Peterborough is on his door step but fans need to realise that NKI still has to catch flights to Britain and back so he's still going to be travelling a lot more than he usually does. I would be delighted and shocked if NKI lined up for us in 2020.

I think we will go with Tungate, Bech & Nicholls which would still be a very good side imo.

• Like 1

KK, Rohan and Scotty would be a great side. Chances are highly unlikely though sadly

4 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

KK, Rohan and Scotty would be a great side. Chances are highly unlikely though sadly

You would want Scott back after last season? and KK isn't reliable.

• Like 1

Iversen? More likely to be 2021, after he finally gets the heave-ho from the Grand Prix. You don't want to have him this year anyways, would struggle to average over 7

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You would want Scott back after last season? and KK isn't reliable.

Nicholls would start at reserve, no brainer. Presumably Wolves could have done this too rather than starting so far below the limit? Or at least had Nicholls as a second string and Becker at reserve. 

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Nicholls would start at reserve, no brainer. Presumably Wolves could have done this too rather than starting so far below the limit? Or at least had Nicholls as a second string and Becker at reserve. 

I would think he would be a far better fit at Wolves, he is much better at Wolves than Peterborough these days .

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would think he would be a far better fit at Wolves, he is much better at Wolves than Peterborough these days .

I think it really depends on a lot of factors - the disjointed home fixtures at Peterborough don't help the home riders and of course every team needs riders who are good away from home as well as those good at home.