British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

The "right ruddy hames" regarding the team for this year makes one wonder whether the bosses know or care what effect this has on fans ( customers) This however seems to be Busters default position "my way or no way"

• Like 1

Nicholls turned down a return to panthers at end of last season hoping to get a offer from ippo or wolves..

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

Nicholls turned down a return to panthers at end of last season hoping to get a offer from ippo or wolves..

Yes he wanted to ride for a club that has a technical track. They didn't want him so now he's on standby for us and we will only take him if we don't get what we want.

Scotty has shot himself in the foot if NKI puts pen to paper.

Edited by Rockstar99

Not at all convinced Iversen would be a good signing in all honesty. His schedule is a big concern obviously and he’s hardly committed to the UK these days with his priorities elsewhere. 

Not sure what kind of return you’ll get IF he signs. 

6 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Yes he wanted to ride for a club that has a technical track. They didn't want him so now he's on standby for us and we will only take him if we don't get what we want.

Scotty has shot himself in the foot if NKI puts pen to paper.

I would suggest that Scott will be in pole position for the first change made across all teams, if he doesn't start the season with a place..

Especially if the change will be at reserve..

If it is at reserve he would be in a strong bargaining position I would think when it comes to terms as well..

Edited by mikebv

6 hours ago, Sully said:

Or maybe waiting on the fixture list to be finalised?

Is that now a factor in these days of fixed race nights in most countries? 

On 1/10/2020 at 3:44 PM, foreverblue said:

Other people have opinions too! It is my opinion that Hans is a good signing on a bargain average and should do very well next season.

I think Hans could average between 6.50/ 7.00 but if he comes back lighter and fitter he might even average more.He is not the rider of old and I know he is not as quick these days but his trackcraft and  his riding  of clever lines are still there.He had a few  bad smashes but his race at Belle Vue with Dan Bewley earlier in the season was a  brilliant race showing he still has the craft.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I don't care if it's Tungate or Iversen..nothing between them imo.. Iversen didn't pull up any trees for Ippo last season and Tungate can do better than he did for us also..Scotty is a no brainer on his low average..and I'd take Ully too. He gets a lot of stick on here from the negative moaners but a real club man and sometimes crazy to watch...I'd take him over boring riders like for instance Worrall and Lawson any day of the week..but for some people it's win at all costs..for me I like great racing and if we win doing it then great. I like all the riders we have so far so keep them coming.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think Hans could average between 6.50/ 7.00 but if he comes back lighter and fitter he might even average more.He is not the rider of old and I know he is not as quick these days but his trackcraft and  his riding  of clever lines are still there.He had a few  bad smashes but his race at Belle Vue with Dan Bewley earlier in the season was a  brilliant race showing he still has the craft.

From his starting position in the team, which will likely be 2nd string, I'd be disappointed if he didn't arrive at those figures you've stated.

The problem recently with Andersen is he is constantly getting hurt. That has a big say. He's going to need to stay fit and healthy next season.

• Like 1

As long as he's got his rolling start gloves on he'll be fine :D

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I would think he would be a far better fit at Wolves, he is much better at Wolves than Peterborough these days .

I think Scott is overweight (for a speedway rider)

He needs a track where he can still get paid and by that I mean a track where technical ability means more than speed, because he isn’t quick enough anymore on the bigger tracks.

Why Wolves didn’t jump on him is beyond me. Put a lot of faith into Nichol and I don’t like that when it’s at the expense of a long serving and well respected British rider.

2 hours ago, acef said:

He needs a track where he can still get paid and by that I mean a track where technical ability means more than speed, because he isn’t quick enough anymore on the bigger tracks.

Why Wolves didn’t jump on him is beyond me. Put a lot of faith into Nichol and I don’t like that when it’s at the expense of a long serving and well respected British rider.

I like Nicol and i think he could have a longterm future at Wolves but you are right Nichols at reserve say would of been a great move.I presumed Nicol would get a place in a stronger team meaning he had no real pressure now that scenario has changed.On the plus side if Douglas can up his home form in Becker,Douglas,Nicol they three riders who could feature regularly for the Wolves in years to come.

5 hours ago, acef said:

I don't think his weight is an issue, i think he had a particularly bad year due to personal issues and mechanical issues, like Harris, Hans etc he isn't the rider he was but i believe he will be better this season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acef said:

Disagree completely. There's little/no fat on him! In any case, weight has only a very very very small impact on speed. Ability, racing brain and machinery play a much bigger part.

• Like 1