British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

37 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

nicholls can't ride NSS he even admits that himself so why would we sign him on whatever average ???

Not his strongest track results wise but hasn't been too bad in the British Finals there - in 2018 he beat Bewley, was the only rider to lead Lambert beyond the first bend and I think also led Cook for 3 & 3/4  laps, just missing out on a top two place.  

The only reason I can think of is that they wanted to include Douglas and Nicol so nobody else could and so they can bed them in for years to come. No matter who the number one ended up being I think they wanted the other six regardless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acef said:

At the end of the day, Wolves are 2 points below the limit. No other team have done that.

Had you signed Scott, you’d have been up to the limit allowed for team building purposes.

My argument is that nobody else has been in a position to fit him in as it currently stands, all completed teams are up to the points limit.

Perhaps I should have worded the first post a little different.

I would suggest the team Wolves are starting the 2020 season is not the one originally planned simples......... 

19 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Still waiting on NKI maybe ...

More like won’t pay enough so no bucker will sign

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Still waiting on NKI maybe ...

Yep.

Nobody can be signed until the management have been given a final decision by NKI. 

Panthers fans need to be patient instead of worrying. Buster and co aren't struggling to build a team they just have to wait for NKI. Buster is working with NKI and they are more than likelt waiting for the finalised fixture list before a final decision is given by NKI. 

Credit where it’s due they have communicated.

Like has been said before because it is an averages game, 1 signing or not signing can be dependant on 2/3 others.

Always 2 sides to every coin also so if £ is an issue then A rider could have the view that if you don’t sign me who are you going to get.

Panthers will feel that if a rider wants to do a full season in the UK then Panthers are the only option left, except for Ipswich number 1?

4 hours ago, acef said:

At the end of the day, Wolves are 2 points below the limit. No other team have done that.

Had you signed Scott, you’d have been up to the limit allowed for team building purposes.

My argument is that nobody else has been in a position to fit him in as it currently stands, all completed teams are up to the points limit.

Perhaps I should have worded the first post a little different.

Yep, no argument from me on that one. 

4 hours ago, acef said:

Correct.

Wolves had a Scott Nichols sized spot available.

Whats even more perplexing is that would have been a really good signing (for Wolves) on that average.

Instead they’ve opted for youth and gone in under the limit.

Very odd.

I don’t think you will find many Wolves fans who were surprised we signed Nicol and not Nicholls.

Just perhaps Wolves are looking to the future and also maybe being savvy with this ongoing widening of the points conversion that we could possibly keep the same 1-7 next season. 

Looking at other teams number 7s Nicol is a stand out so I fully expect him to add to his starting average. And let’s face it if he achieves anything close to 5 he will be pretty close to replicating the rider he is replacing! (In Howarth).

So maybe not as weak as some think. But like you say, using Nicol instead of Nicholls is odd.

Just thinking did Scot want to ride for wolves? It's ok everyone saying wolves should have signed him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Just thinking did Scot want to ride for wolves? It's ok everyone saying wolves should have signed him.

It’s all assumptive based on no facts.

Im sure Scott would have jumped at the chance personally but of course no one actually knows!

Hopefully for Panthers sake they get some confirmation ASAP on final 3 riders, because information on season tickets to be announced  Thursday according Carl.

Some fans may wish to know the 1-7 before purchasing, although I bet season ticket holders are hard to come by these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I would suggest the team Wolves are starting the 2020 season is not the one originally planned simples......... 

I would suggest your better off debating this on a Wolverhampton thread

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It’s all assumptive based on no facts.

Im sure Scott would have jumped at the chance personally but of course no one actually knows!

Well,only one person maybe knows:D

26 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I would suggest your better off debating this on a Wolverhampton thread

Yep agree exactly this thread is constantly going off track talking about other teams or riders that were never signing for us.

A forum gives people the right to post views of course but stick to topics.

I like to read Panthers fan views or views of other fans on our lineup which is what this thread is for right?

3 hours ago, hans fan said:

More like won’t pay enough so no bucker will sign

Is the correct answer.

Peterborough know who they want and whether or not it is likely to happen.

That tweet is all bluster and noise.

Pay the money. It’s as simple as that