British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

13 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Banned from parking within the stadium. Complete denial of reasons  there are such things as Blue Badges

Need a mini bus or something to transport people that cant walk from car park

25 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Pretty sure this comes from the showground and not the Speedway.

Either way it appears a ludicrous decision. Pretty sure it will lose even more supporters. 
Will the riders have to park at the gate and wheel their kit in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Either way it appears a ludicrous decision. Pretty sure it will lose even more supporters. 
Will the riders have to park at the gate and wheel their kit in. 

Ludicrous decisions are the norm .

If this is the case then they have to do this for any show or event within the showground area not just the speedway ,  which will most likely mean a fall in attendances for all the organisations who use and pay for the rent of the showground, there shooting themselves in the foot bigtime.

Must be an H&S issue again!!!! 

• Like 1

If true it is appalling and will attract seriously bad publicity for the venue. It is so easily overcome. You hide your badge. I can't think of even the slightest aspect of H&S abuse could produce such a moronic ruling.  Some well-placed publicity should soon get this rightly ridiculed out of existence. Now where's the email address for Motability?   They could start a list of blue badge banned places.....with one in the list.

What's the source for this, rumour or published statement?

Edited by RobMcCaffery

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

19 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

If true it is appalling and will attract seriously bad publicity for the venue. It is so easily overcome. You hide your badge. I can't think of even the slightest aspect of H&S abuse could produce such a moronic ruling.  Some well-placed publicity should soon get this rightly ridiculed out of existence. Now where's the email address for Motability?   They could start a list of blue badge banned places.....with one in the list.

Published  statement

21 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/bluebadge20.pdf

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

If this is the case then they have to do this for any show or event within the showground area not just the speedway ,  which will most likely mean a fall in attendances for all the organisations who use and pay for the rent of the showground, there shooting themselves in the foot bigtime.

Must be an H&S issue again!!!! 

But sod the health and safety of the disabled it seems :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Trees said:

Which gate is gate 3 and gate 15?  Is 3 the main car park entrance and 15 the side gate entrance we used to use when parking on the grass car park?

The other way round!

Gate 3 is the first gate you come to when arriving, after passing through the turnstile you walk towards the track with the grandstand to your left face-on. Gate 15 is the hard-standing carpark all the way round the back - after walking through the atrium the grandstand is ahead end-on.

8 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It's been done before and publicity makes no difference. If I recall correctly they were threatened in the local paper with court proceedings when it first happened and Jim Lynch was in charge of Panthers, but it made no difference because what the landlords say goes. When it happened again Colin Horton and Bratters organised a park and ride from the entrances that was paid for by the supporters club if my memory serves me right? At the end of the day the EoES are not banning Blue Badges but allegedly bringing their use into line with other events at the EoES. I don't attend other events so don't know whether that's true but given that speedway is a different type of event in its own right then a broad brush approach is a bit wishy washy at best. Yes it could be seen as as H&S issue with cars and pedestrians on the same road but surely nothing that a bit of organisation couldn't solve. The problem is once again removing a facility for the disabled that worked and does work pefectly well for reasons that don't really stack up. As usual I suspect that there's more to it but the notice is as much as we'll get and affected fans will have to decide whether or not they now attend under those circumstances.

Edited by Crump99

My wife has cancer in both lungs plus her hip amongst other places, recently finished an 18-week course of chemo, which hasn't worked, so is about to commence another 6-9 month course of a different chemo.

She's always loved her speedway at Peterborough, as do I to be honest, and now we'll NEVER be able to go there again.

It's a very sad day for us and the great many others that are disabled.