British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

The Club drastically needs to work on communication at all levels, be it Press Releases, Website Updates, Facebook, Twitter etc.

1. Most important issue the club have Alienated some fans who are unfortunate and have a condition that requires a Blue Badge.

2. The state of the team which is of huge importance to all Panther fans.

3. Where is the promotion of the club? I know people who have no idea Peterborough has a Speedway team and/or do not know anything about speedway.

4. Incentives for current fans to try and engage new fans, such as Adult tickets are  £18 but how about a discount offer if you bring a friend. Say 2 for £25/£30.

• Like 1

To close my own 'can of worms' I try not to comment on things where I have limited knowledge, like Blue Badge use, I'm only interested in convenient parking on behalf of a friend's dad, a huge speedway who has some trouble walking.    We are happy to just turn up and all 3 of us will pay as we're only interested in watching some speedway not aruguing the toss of disabled parking, etc, with stadium staff, life is too short for such grief.  If the parking is convernient, all 3 of us will consider going to tracks I mentioned (Belle Vue, Peterborough, Sheffield) and hopefully others, if not one of us may not be able to attend.  If / when I make enquires, and I will before setting off, we'll hopefuly watch speedway at the mentioned tracks, mostly Peterborough in this thread, I will of course report on what I find out as it may be of benefit to others....

1 hour ago, martinmauger said:

To close my own 'can of worms' I try not to comment on things where I have limited knowledge, like Blue Badge use, I'm only interested in convenient parking on behalf of a friend's dad, a huge speedway who has some trouble walking.    We are happy to just turn up and all 3 of us will pay as we're only interested in watching some speedway not aruguing the toss of disabled parking, etc, with stadium staff, life is too short for such grief.  If the parking is convernient, all 3 of us will consider going to tracks I mentioned (Belle Vue, Peterborough, Sheffield) and hopefully others, if not one of us may not be able to attend.  If / when I make enquires, and I will before setting off, we'll hopefuly watch speedway at the mentioned tracks, mostly Peterborough in this thread, I will of course report on what I find out as it may be of benefit to others....

Indeed. You might care to read Mimmo's first post on page 92, it might open your eyes and mind a bit :)

• Like 1

Now we know that the decision came from Panthers management  and they have declined to acknowledge that it was all  a misunderstanding , many may feel how utterly reprehensible they are and have been towards  Blue Badge holders..  

8 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Indeed. You might care to read Mimmo's first post on page 92, it might open your eyes and mind a bit :)

Thanks I wasn't being sarcy, just for once some might say.  I know the routes to local hospitals only too well, on behalf of msyelf and others, spent too much time in waiting & treatment rooms and really hope I've attended more funerals recently than most posters; 7 in the last 2 years.  Ok put the tiny violins away I'm way done feeling sorry for myself, I was just pointing out that life is to be lived if possible and hopefully enjoyed (like by going to speedway), and that arguing over relativesly unimporrtant things, is a pointless waste of time.  

So, speedway then a new season will start soon, looking forward to it as always and seeing was much on-track action, on TV and ideally live, as I can .....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Thanks I wasn't being sarcy, just for once some might say.  I know the routes to local hospitals only too well, on behalf of msyelf and others, spent too much time in waiting & treatment rooms and really hope I've attended more funerals recently than most posters; 7 in the last 2 years.  Ok put the tiny violins away I'm way done feeling sorry for myself, I was just pointing out that life is to be lived if possible and hopefully enjoyed (like by going to speedway), and that arguing over relativesly unimporrtant things, is a pointless waste of time.  

So, speedway then a new season will start soon, looking forward to it as always and seeing was much on-track action, on TV and ideally live, as I can .....

I agree entirely but surely the problem here is that that's what Peterborough's disabled fans were trying to do that and have been for the last 20 years that I can recall. The club has always been supportive of their position and fought the EoES on occasions when it's them who have restricted disabled access. We are led to believe that the EoES have no objection to the former longstanding arrangements and it's the current club management who are allegedly not helping their disabled fans easily live their life, given that they already have a daily struggle, by removing the facility under questionable reasoning. Personally I don't think that's unimportant or a pointless waste of time trying to get common sense resumed and it's not a particularly good example of "what sort of things did you do for your 50th anniversary"?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

To save me trawling through the fixtures- Have Peterborough got a more balanced home fixture list  this coming season ?

DATE OPPONENTS COMP. H/A
RESULT
MARCH      

Sun 15 50th Anniversary Meeting (2.00pm) . HOME
-
Thu 19 King's Lynn Premiership Supporters Cup HOME
-
Mon 23 King's Lynn Premiership Supporters Cup Away
-
Thu 26 Ipswich Premiership Supporters Cup HOME
-
APRIL      

Thu 02 Swindon Premiership Supporters Cup Away
-
Mon 06 Swindon Premiership Supporters Cup HOME
-
Mon 13 King's Lynn Premiership HOME
-
Thu 16 Ipswich Premiership Supporters Cup Away
-
Mon 20 King's Lynn Premiership Away
-
Thu 23 Wolverhampton Premiership HOME
-
Mon 27 Belle Vue Premiership Away
-
Thu 30 Sheffield Premiership Away
-
MAY      

Thu 07 Ipswich Premiership HOME
-
Thu 14 Swindon Premiership Away
-
Mon 18 Swindon Premiership HOME
-
Thu 21 Ipswich Premiership Away
-
Mon 25 Wolverhampton Premiership Away
-
JUNE      

Mon 01 Sheffield Premiership HOME
-
Thu 18 Belle Vue Premiership HOME
-
Mon 29 King's Lynn Premiership Away
-
JULY      

Thu 02 Reserved . HOME
-
Mon 06 Swindon Premiership HOME
-
Thu 09 Sheffield Premiership Away
-
Thu 16 Ipswich Premiership HOME
-
Mon 20 Belle Vue Premiership Away
-
Thu 23 Ipswich Premiership Away
-
AUGUST    

Mon 10 Wolverhampton Premiership Away
-
Thu 13 Belle Vue Premiership HOME
-
Mon 24 Swindon Premiership Away
-
Thu 27 Wolverhampton Premiership HOME
-
Mon 31 King's Lynn Premiership HOME
-
SEPTEMBER    

Mon 07 Sheffield Premiership HOME
-

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:
DATE OPPONENTS COMP. H/A
RESULT
MARCH      

-
-
-
-
APRIL      

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
MAY      

-
-
-
-
-
JUNE      

-
-
-
JULY      

Thu 02 Reserved . HOME
-
-
-
-
-
-
AUGUST    

-
-
-
-
-
SEPTEMBER    

-

Thanks Neil- that should please the punters !!

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Thanks Neil- that should please the punters !!

The able-bodied ones .......

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 4

It would seem bosses have no shame and intend to  put two fingers up to the disabled. Even though they can no longer blame the showground and the cold hearted deed is fairly and squarely on their shoulders

Edited by wealdstone

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

I agree entirely but surely the problem here is that that's what Peterborough's disabled fans were trying to do that and have been for the last 20 years that I can recall. The club has always been supportive of their position and fought the EoES on occasions when it's them who have restricted disabled access. We are led to believe that the EoES have no objection to the former longstanding arrangements and it's the current club management who are allegedly not helping their disabled fans easily live their life, given that they already have a daily struggle, by removing the facility under questionable reasoning. Personally I don't think that's unimportant or a pointless waste of time trying to get common sense resumed and it's not a particularly good example of "what sort of things did you do for your 50th anniversary"?

Final words on the matter:  I'm all for fighting for ones rights, I meant that potentially rowing with stadium staff whilst at the venue, in my opinion is a waste of time, no matter what was promised in advance.  In such situations I tend to mentally flip a coin and either do what is required for entry, within reason which varies greatly on the circumstances for each person, or say "no thanks" and just walk away, done both a few times.  A shame if Peterborough don't allow close parking for disabled people, I don't speak for others but when / if the opportunity arises to visit any venue, as always we will discuss the pros & cons and then decide whether we consider it worthwhile....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

We see Mr Chapman smiling and grinning beatifically  , but IMO seems to mask a cold cold heart, given what he is doing to the Peterborough disabled

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:
DATE OPPONENTS COMP. H/A
RESULT
MARCH      

-
-
-
-
APRIL      

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
MAY      

-
-
-
-
-
JUNE      

-
-
-
JULY      

Thu 02 Reserved . HOME
-
-
-
-
-
-
AUGUST    

-
-
-
-
-
SEPTEMBER    

-

Very sadly of no interest to me anymore.

Has anyone got a link to the disabled parking story?