British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Has anyone got a link to the disabled parking story?

There isn't really a story in print, just removal of long standing club policy for 2020 with reasons that allegedly no longer stack up according to the EoES bosses whereas the club bosses who seemingly made the decision off their own back remain silent.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Has anyone got a link to the disabled parking story?

Not sure what you mean by link. The info was revealed on Panthers official site under " get your season ticket"  there was a sub section headed disabled parking within the ground "click here"  which reveals that they will not be able to park within the ground they imply and I  know for a fact that they have told people verbally that it was down to the showground. Jason Lunn at Showground has e mailed me to say it was not of their doing and parking is totally down to Speedway.  Since then Speedway bosses have maintained a deathly silence and declined to respond to E Mails

• Sad 1

It's a pdf download on Panthers website, select the club info tab at the top and then select club details, you will see the link on that page

Cheers for the replies. 

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Not sure what you mean by link. The info was revealed on Panthers official site under " get your season ticket"  there was a sub section headed disabled parking within the ground "click here"  which reveals that they will not be able to park within the ground they imply and I  know for a fact that they have told people verbally that it was down to the showground. Jason Lunn at Showground has e mailed me to say it was not of their doing and parking is totally down to Speedway.  Since then Speedway bosses have maintained a deathly silence and declined to respond to E Mails

Are we to conclude this is down to Chapman ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Blupanther said:

Seems strange, when, as someone else has said, when trying to drive off Kings Lynn's car park you are surrounded by pedestrians walking out of the same exit

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

It is down to the triumvirate of Chapman, Johnson and Pratt. Most will have their own view on who calls the shots when the chips are down.

Edited by wealdstone

8 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Seems strange, when, as someone else has said, when trying to drive off Kings Lynn's car park you are surrounded by pedestrians walking out of the same exit

Strange is not the correct word for what is happening. .

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

That happens at most of the clubs 

• Thanks 1

Might just as well had the disabled parking at the Railway Station such are the distances involved.

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

That happens at most of the clubs 

3 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

After a Stock Car meeting at Lynn a person from overseas who had attended the meeting was killed attempting to cross the approach road and yet you still have the same sort of situation there now when leaving the stadium i believe now they have stadium workers who direct the traffic after the completion of stock car meetings unsure about speedway , 

Panthers website says "hectic start for Panthers"  even more hectic  for Blue Badge holders denied  their traditional parking places on a whim of  the bosses.

31 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Anyway so back to the team.... 

Due to new Health and Safety restrictions we've just made up for 2020 I'm afraid that nobody is allowed to discuss the team until all 7 riders have signed and been announced.

• Haha 5

It does seem sad what is happening at Peterborough as I always loved going there. Perhaps just as well I doubt if I will be able to make the trip again.