British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

It does seem sad what is happening at Peterborough as I always loved going there. Perhaps just as well I doubt if I will be able to make the trip again. 

True there for me also Gem, and i'm not one who personally would be affected by the access issues.

Hearing of @Mimmo and his wife and them being cut off from speedway due to this stupidity has really really p.ssed me off.

I'm doing some digging.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Are we to conclude this is down to Chapman ? 

Anyone who thinks differently is very likely to be wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

True there for me also Gem, and i'm not one who personally would be affected by the access issues.

Hearing of @Mimmo and his wife and them being cut off from speedway due to this stupidity has really really p.ssed me off.

I'm doing some digging.

Totally true how could anyone not be moved by such a story. However  we are now seeing posts to the effect of " what about the team "or"" back to the team. Music to  managements ears and what they have been waiting for. People getting bored with the disabled issue. 

Edited by wealdstone

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

It does seem sad what is happening at Peterborough as I always loved going there. Perhaps just as well I doubt if I will be able to make the trip again. 

It's not only sad Gemini, it's out and out disgraceful, and pure discrimination against disabled people.
As I've already posted, if this decision isn't overturned, then EVERYBODY must be banned from taking their vehicles into the Showground, which includes promoters, team managers, track staff, bar staff, track shop staff, stewards, absolutely EVERYBODY.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

It's not only sad Gemini, it's out and out disgraceful, and pure discrimination against disabled people.
As I've already posted, if this decision isn't overturned, then EVERYBODY must be banned from taking their vehicles into the Showground, which includes promoters, team managers, track staff, bar staff, track shop staff, stewards, absolutely EVERYBODY.  

THATS WHAT MAKES THIS SO DISGRACEFUL -  WE ALL KNOW THAT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN  

Probably best to wait and see how this pans out but at the very least communication has been inadequate about the who, when, how, why and what. 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/what-are-the-different-types-of-discrimination/duty-to-make-reasonable-adjustments-for-disabled-people/

Example

Your university has a policy of only allowing students to park in allocated student car parks. You have a mobility impairment which means you need to be able to park close to where your classes are. This isn’t always possible as the allocated car parks are situated on one side only of the campus. Allowing you to park in designated parking spaces on all of the campus is likely to be a reasonable adjustment to their parking policy so that you can attend your classes.

Edited by NeilWatson

22 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Probably best to wait and see how this pans out but at the very least communication has been inadequate about the who, when, how, why and what. 

Waiting to see is to acknowledge that it will happen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

What if the promotion were to organise a ferry type system using the showground buggies or any other method of transport from the gates to the grandstand, like they have done previously, would that be workable?

Currently I believe all riders and disabled go in through the first gate (can never remember numbers, but the original one with the wooden hut turnstiles) and head straight down towards the track and pits. If they were to be signposted off to the left when they go in and take a route that goes around the left hand side of the track and around the back straight, that will enable riders to get up to their normal parking spots and disabled parking could be reassigned to this section. At that point, a simple barrier / temporary fence would stop pedestrians wandering into the moving traffic areas and stop the vans from hooning out through the line of pedestrians at the end of the meeting.

Alternatively - use the other gate at the Southgate entrance to come straight into the track from that direction and advoid the short route around the track.

Its a bit like when they stopped the kids hanging over the fence for a high five after a race - I loved doing that when I was younger and it was a real shame they stopped it - but it made perfect sense really.

Edited by Method

43 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Waiting to see is to acknowledge that it will happen. 

Not really, I’ve been on this forum since it started and if I had a pound for every time a potential major issue has cropped up which people have jumped all over without the full facts which has ultimately turned out to be a small issue or not an issue at all I’d be writing this post from somewhere much hotter. Always best in my opinion to wait and see what the full facts and circumstances are. 

As I said the poor communication (which is nothing new) is the main issue at the moment.

Edited by Bagpuss

Going to affect attendances for sure, you just wonder what goes on in their minds...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Wealdstone is correct in that staying quiet and waiting to see is not an option because everybody knows the outcome of that strategy.

Relevant communication has often been lacking since Rathbone and Watson left. I wasn't their greatest fan, but then again it's bloody hard to get me on your side anyway, but you can't knock the good job that they did with their passion for the club and fans, disabled or not. This action would never have happened under their watch and it's just a shame that Rathbone offloaded the club as he did.

Given the way that this was introduced without communication and the reasons as given allegedly debunked then I'm not sure where the management can go with any explanation anyway (would love to see full facts and circumstances), hence their silence and hoping that it will go away as you indicate might be a way forward.

I appreciate that disabled access needs to be managed and I think, as with most such systems, that some people gained access when they shouldn't (I guess that's why after the Frost era of massive internal car park Horton made BB holders show their photo side to parking staff? Neil can confirm?) so get a better system in place, don't use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Going to affect attendances for sure, you just wonder what goes on in their minds...

John Deere, New Ford Holland, Mahindra or Massey Ferguson :unsure:

• Haha 1

What is it now with January and Peterborough Speedway,   should be known now as the lets pi$$ off the paying customers month

• Haha 1