British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

29 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think there is a saying about empty vessels making the most noise? 

Exactly. This may very well be what it appears to say on the tin but nobody knows as the facts are sketchy. That said the situation is being inflamed by the promotion’s silence. 

It seems to me that if there was an intention to provide the shuttle service that is so sorely needed to replace the close parking it would have been mentioned in the same Press Release. Its absence suggests either it’s not been considered or it’s been ruled out sadly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acef said:

I have skimmed through the last few pages. 

Have Peterborough provided any official word on this? I feel the frustration of any BB holder but I can’t help but think the gun is being somewhat jumped here?

How do we know Peterborough speedway won’t be providing a shuttle service?

Have I missed something?

One would presume it would have been announced at the same time they announce BB holders have been banned from parking inside Showground. This will impact attendances, and one has to wonder what goes on in the minds of people that makes these decisions...

• Like 1

Had there been such an intention they could well have nipped the whole thing in the bud by announcing at the time.

• Like 2

So i asked carl johnson about the change in disabled parking because i think its a tad crazy. His reply was the following.... 

Nothing crazy about it......unfortunately to many inconsiderate people using a blue badge as an excuse to park where they want within the showground even with our parking restrictions in place.

6 hours ago, acef said:

I have skimmed through the last few pages. 

Have Peterborough provided any official word on this? I feel the frustration of any BB holder but I can’t help but think the gun is being somewhat jumped here?

How do we know Peterborough speedway won’t be providing a shuttle service?

Have I missed something?

Yes I think you have missed something as have we all. I don't recall this ever being communicated even though it had clearly been worked on in detail. That's the most professional looking notice the club has produced in many a long year and was only stumbled upon on by chance. Rather that the usual guff news items you would have thought that as soon as it was loaded onto the website that supporter would have been made aware of it's existence, but given that it's usually the EoES making the draconian decision and the club stands up for it's disabled supporters, how do you communicate the embarrassing situation that your making changes for seemingly no good reason off your own back?

Why faff about with with a new shuttle that takes organisation, staff time and some expense when you already have a system that works fine and at the end of the day can't involve great numbers for the bread and butter meetings.

Of course management may be looking at this chuckling. Their thoughts would be welcomed. It'd be good to see one of those (because we all know that they read these things) "We've seen the comments on the internet" articles to justify their action/position and tell us where we are going wrong?

43 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

So i asked carl johnson about the change in disabled parking because i think its a tad crazy. His reply was the following.... 

Nothing crazy about it......unfortunately to many inconsiderate people using a blue badge as an excuse to park where they want within the showground even with our parking restrictions in place.

That then is an admission that it comes from Speedway not  the show ground as previously claimed. What Carl says re parking contains an element of truth but not I think to the extent he suggests.  

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

In years gone by (not happened under Johnson's watch) the instructions on where to park (even to the extent of giving out a paper sheet of instructions) have been made very clear and the consequences of not doing so was clear in that in future you'd be denied the access that you abuse.

So rather than try to instruct, organise and explain consequences for a problem that Johnson is probably correct about but is also able to take less draconian action to correct, management take their ball away!!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cambpanther said:

Bloody ridiculous attitude to take, because all the person on the gate taking the money has to do, is check the photo on the Blue Badge to confirm that person is in the car.

But forgetting all that, I thought this decision had been taken due to Health & Safety reasons, so the promotion want to get their stories right before Mr Johnson makes comments like those above.  I wonder how any of them would feel if they had serious health issues or general disabilities.   

• Like 2

Would it not have been more appropriate and simpler to issue a statement stating.

At recent meetings it has unfortunately been noted, that some blue badge holders have not been parking in the designated parking area inside the Showground. 

As this could have serious repercussions, we will be monitoring the situation closely  over the next three meetings.

Should this continue,we will have no choice but to insist that all blue badge holders will have to park outside in designated areas. 

Surely if this is printed and given to all BB holders at the three meetings, no genuine holder would object.

After the three meetings, the person at the entrance should then tell the bb holder where to park( in case they are visiting fans)

I believe in fairness so I must put it on record that one of my E mails to the club has been returned as undeliverable.  Not a computer expert and do not know if there is more to this than the obvious.

2 hours ago, sneezy said:

Would it not have been more appropriate and simpler to issue a statement stating.

At recent meetings it has unfortunately been noted, that some blue badge holders have not been parking in the designated parking area inside the Showground. 

As this could have serious repercussions, we will be monitoring the situation closely  over the next three meetings.

Should this continue,we will have no choice but to insist that all blue badge holders will have to park outside in designated areas. 

Surely if this is printed and given to all BB holders at the three meetings, no genuine holder would object.

After the three meetings, the person at the entrance should then tell the bb holder where to park( in case they are visiting fans)

Yes that sounds simple enough to most people but I’m sure it’s far too complicated for Buster Pratt & Co.   checks on entering by looking at Blue Badges and supervision of parking - what could be simpler?  

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

Bloody ridiculous attitude to take, because all the person on the gate taking the money has to do, is check the photo on the Blue Badge to confirm that person is in the car.

But forgetting all that, I thought this decision had been taken due to Health & Safety reasons, so the promotion want to get their stories right before Mr Johnson makes comments like those above.  I wonder how any of them would feel if they had serious health issues or general disabilities.   

The more the comment from Carl is disected  the more petty and ill thought it seems.

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think there is a saying about empty vessels making the most noise? 

Exactly. This may very well be what it appears to say on the tin but nobody knows as the facts are sketchy. That said the situation is being inflamed by the promotion’s silence. 

It’s like the film GroundhogDay - here we are 12 months later and the Promotion are acting exactly the same just different problem this time!   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sneezy said:

Its also cheap and very easy to put signs up for each home meeting that shows exactly where BB holders  are to park there vehicles and how to get there,  it sounds like the BB parking in the past hasn't been very well organised, 

For every BB holder that now stops going there could easily be at least 5 others that dont attend also which will affect the attendance further 

Think Carl Johnson needs to be educated more about the struggles a disabled person faces to continue to get some enjoyment out of life. 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I believe in fairness so I must put it on record that one of my E mails to the club has been returned as undeliverable.  Not a computer expert and do not know if there is more to this than the obvious.

Was it sent to businesssence@peterboroughspeedway

Edited by scoobydoo