British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

44 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Was it sent to businesssence@peterboroughspeedway

No it was sent to info@ as per website

I think the key is not to assume anything at this point. 

It could potentially explain why Peterborough kept this low key, whilst they source and/or set up a shuttle service.

Like I said, I think people are overreacting to this. It’s such a sensitive subject and I just don’t see why Peterborough would leave themselves wide open.

People are assuming that any provisions put in place after adjusting the parking conditions would have been released at the same time.

I say give the club a chance and see what happens.

Im absolutely certain that something of this nature will be dealt with accordingly  

11 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Radio silence from the promotion which is normal. You would have thought they would nip this in the bud instead of negative PR.

But there is no negative PR. It’s a minority bunch of people reacting with resistance on a speedway forum nobody looks at.

As I said in my post above, people need to give them a chance.

Everyone is making wild assumptions.

1 minute ago, acef said:

I think the key is not to assume anything at this point. 

It could potentially explain why Peterborough kept this low key, whilst they source and/or set up a shuttle service.

Like I said, I think people are overreacting to this. It’s such a sensitive subject and I just don’t see why Peterborough would leave themselves wide open.

People are assuming that any provisions put in place after adjusting the parking conditions would have been released at the same time.

I say give the club a chance and see what happens.

Im absolutely certain that something of this nature will be dealt with accordingly  

Why would a disabled person buy a season ticket without any provision for them to get trackside ? 

• Like 1

Never heard of disabled referred to as a minority bunch of people.One way to look at it I suppose

1 minute ago, Blupanther said:

Why would a disabled person buy a season ticket without any provision for them to get trackside ? 

They wouldn’t at this point but once something is in place (if there will be) then I’m sure those BB holders will purchase season tickets.

Patience is the order of the day.

Just now, wealdstone said:

Never heard of disabled referred to as a minority bunch of people.One way to look at it I suppose

And this is what boils my blood!

If I was taking about disabled people I would have said so. I didn’t. I said a bunch of people because that also includes those without any disability. My point was about the volume of people raising concerns and the minority impact it has on a forum that is hardly mainstream. You are making assumptions like you have been for the last 10 pages.

Stop overreacting and misrepresenting what others say because you disagree.

8 minutes ago, acef said:

And this is what boils my blood!

If I was taking about disabled people I would have said so. I didn’t. I said a bunch of people because that also includes those without any disability. My point was about the volume of people raising concerns and the minority impact it has on a forum that is hardly mainstream. You are making assumptions like you have been for the last 10 pages.

Stop overreacting and misrepresenting what others say because you disagree.

How do you know those that reacted do not have disability or their partners do not? 

Edited by wealdstone

Just now, wealdstone said:

How do you know those that reacted do not have disability or their partners do no? 

I don’t, but conversely why should I assume otherwise!

I don’t know either way that’s why I said what I said. Who am I to assume that every comment made over the last 10 pages was from a person with a disability.

Absolutely outrageous point of view, that.

Shocking. 

• Sad 1

I’ve read these posts for years but feel compelled to comment after seeing the decision on blue badge parking by Peterborough Panthers. If Carl Johnson’s quote is accurate I’d suggest some disability awareness training for him and his colleagues at the club. Also look at the minority abusing the badge and don’t penalise the majority who genuinely need a blue badge and a closer parking space. If I attended the meetings and had a disability I’d be looking and referring the club to the disability discrimination act. So disappointed in Peterborough panthers speedway.

If anyone is trying to visualise the proposed Blue Badge parking at the Showground in 2020, I have attached a rough sketch below.

Based on Google Earth's mapping tool, the approximate distances are as follows:

Gate 3 parking to middle of Grandstand - 380m

Gate 5 parking to middle of Grandstand - 325m

Once a disabled person starts their journey there is nowhere to sit, rest or break the walk - other than collapsing onto the ground.

For comparision, the Blue Badge parking in 2019 was approx 150m from the Grandstand.

In 2018 we allowed Blue Badge holders to park immediately behind the Grandstand if their mobility needs justified it

Showground2.thumb.jpg.77979b8564733cbbed97e20dfcc84191.jpg

Edited by NeilWatson

5 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I believe in fairness so I must put it on record that one of my E mails to the club has been returned as undeliverable.  Not a computer expert and do not know if there is more to this than the obvious.

Only one?

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

No it was sent to info@ as per website

info@peterborough-speedway.com? If so maybe you've been blocked.....

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

If anyone is trying to visualise the proposed Blue Badge parking at the Showground in 2020, I have attached a rough sketch below.

Once a disabled person starts their journey there is nowhere to sit, rest or break the walk - other than collapsing onto the ground.

For comparision, the Blue Badge parking in 2019 was approx 150m from the Grandstand.

In 2018 we allowed Blue Badge holders to park immediately behind the Grandstand if their mobility needs justified it

I understand you are trying to helpNeil but think it needs pointing out that parts of those routes are not tarmac, uneven and can be difficult to walk across for able bodied fans never mind Disabled trying to do the same.  

53 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The original 150m is long enough. I know you allowed BB holders behind the grandstand if needed ,which was great. The 2 proposed area's are way to far for most I would of thought. It's like walking a lap of the track to get in(distance wise) :blink:

A serious re think is needed.

Just seen Manecat's reply. I didn't realise there was some uneven ground as well. Not ideal for wheel chairs either :unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke

36 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Only one?

info@peterborough-speedway.com? If so maybe you've been blocked.....

Thats what feared