British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

58 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

E Mails I have sent to to the club are being returned as undeliverable , including those sent when it was thought Showground responsible. I am not into the mysteries of computers but others who are seem to feel I am being deliberately blocked  retrospectively

Theyre pathetic and totally unprofessional.   Our Club deserves so much better especially as it celebrates its 50th anniversary.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The original 150m is long enough. I know you allowed BB holders behind the grandstand if needed ,which was great. The 2 proposed area's are way to far for most I would of thought. It's like walking a lap of the track to get in(distance wise) :blink:

A serious re think is needed.

Just seen Manecat's reply. I didn't realise there was some uneven ground as well. Not ideal for wheel chairs either :unsure:

There are things like walking aids, some which have seats, my father in law has one, as well as mobility scooters.  Most people with severe walking issues have something to assist. 

I agree with the arguments about letting them continue to park as before, so don't bite at that!

18 hours ago, acef said:

No. I sound like a reasoned, logical human being who has the foresight to understand that perhaps not everything is in the public domain because it isn't yet ready to be.

You and others ARE making assumptions because you don't yet know what the planning and detail is to find a solution here. You are assuming that this isn't being dealt with. That people couldn't possibly be working in the background trying to find an answer and haven't released anything because it isn't yet ready to do so.

I'm not making any assumptions. The notice was quite clear. The planning and detail clearly went into creating a bigger problem than the one that was reasonably easy to find a solution to within the existing system. You don't put such things out on the website (under the radar hoping that nobody spots it) and then still be working on the specifics, jeez, it's not rocket science. There were instructions, allegedly spurious reasoning and a diagram; at no point did I also see a "draft" watermark across it!

I think I'm the one being reasoned here as I'm aware of the history of EoES parking and understand the problems on all sides. I've been quite calm trying to explain that history (and what history particularly has to do with it is that usually the club is fighting the EoES for access for it's disabled fans whereas they are now the ones kicking them out, that's nothing to be proud of. Also knowing how the system has been administered/organised over the seasons, and the lack of it 2019 seems to have been the prompt for where we now are) and look at what could and should have been done within this club self created problem.

With respect, you are entitled to your opinion (it is a forum after all) but I don't need any lectures from someone in Manchester about this particular situation at the club I've supported for longer than I care to remember. I'm also not prepared to sit quietly hoping that they have a plan b in progress because you and I both know (yes I'm happy to assume that) that there was no other solutions being worked on. Hopefully they are looking at this again now or it's going to be a long 6 weeks whoever they sign.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

I'm not making any assumptions. The notice was quite clear. The planning and detail clearly went into creating a bigger problem than the one that was reasonably easy to find a solution to within the existing system. You don't put such things out on the website (under the radar hoping that nobody spots it) and then still be working on the specifics, jeez, it's not rocket science. There were instructions, allegedly spurious reasoning and a diagram; at no point did I also see a "draft" watermark across it!

I think I'm the one being reasoned here as I'm aware of the history of EoES parking and understand the problems on all sides. I've been quite calm trying to explain that history (and what history particularly has to do with it is that usually the club is fighting the EoES for access for it's disabled fans whereas they are now the ones kicking them out, that's nothing to be proud of. Also knowing how the system has been adminstered/organised over the seasons, and the lack of it 2019 seems to have been the prompt for wehere we now are) and look at what could and should have been done within this club self created problem.

With respect, you are entitled to your opinion (it is a forum after all) but I don't need any lectures from someone in Manchester about this particular situation at the club I've supported for longer than I care to remember. I'm also not prepared to sit quietly hoping that they have a plan b in progress because you and I both know (yes I'm happy to assume that) that there was no other solutions being worked on. Hopefully they are looking at this again now or it's going to be a long 6 weeks whoever they sign.

EXTREMELY WELL PUT!  

11 hours ago, wealdstone said:

E Mails I have sent to to the club are being returned as undeliverable , including those sent when it was thought Showground responsible. I am not into the mysteries of computers but others who are seem to feel I am being deliberately blocked  retrospectively

If they are undeliverable then that suggests wrong details used rather than anything untoward. Has contacting the club ever been easy? You can say on social media that everything is triffic but that's about it in the world that we know live.

• Like 1

All very unsavoury this. Has to be said that the communication between those that run/own the club and the fans who ultimately keep the club running, is poor to say the least. 

• Like 5

People would think so much more of management , if they just admitted they had got it wrong.

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

People would think so much more of management , if they just admitted they had got it wrong.

I don't think that they have to do that, just say that on reflection, and from comments received, they have decided to reinstate the former BB system for their disabled fans with clear guidelines. Any infractions will result in individual removal of access with an overall totting up procedure that could lead to the reintroduction of the newly proposed scheme in future. Everyone is happy, there are consequences and management still hold all the aces.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

I don't think that they have to do that, just say that on reflection, and from comments received, they have decided to reinstate the former BB system for their disabled fans with clear guidelines. Any infractions will result in invidual removal of access with an overall totting up procedure that could lead to the reintroduction of the newly proposed scheme in future. Everyone is happy, there are consequences and management still hold all the aces.

Don't mention aces. Acef will be back.:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The club will be making a statement regarding BB parking in the next few days ...

in other words they've seen the public feeling regarding this and have decided to do something

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevehone said:

in other words they've seen the public feeling regarding this and have decided to do something

Hope they have and will. I have not seen anything about this

24 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Hope they have and will. I have not seen anything about this

Best hope common sense prevails.anybody with a blue badge allowed in through main gate .if they lay out strict rules and not let people abuse it it should run like clockwork.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Best hope common sense prevails.anybody with a blue badge allowed in through main gate .if they lay out strict rules and not let people abuse it it should run like clockwork.

I doubt it. Theyvhad meeting with landlords and both parties agreed that they now use the the same disabled parking as other events

23 minutes ago, cambpanther said:

I doubt it. Theyvhad meeting with landlords and both parties agreed that they now use the the same disabled parking as other events

That seems the more likely, although  Showground assure me Speedway Parking is entirely up to Speedway. still hope they see the error of their ways

If what you say is true both parties show a willful disregard of what Blue Badges are for.

Edited by wealdstone